+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
I went for upfront medicals before Canada started sending emails asking people not to do upfront medicals.

In the recent option email, I had three options - get AL, get COPR based on current medicals, and take a final examination on which final COPR would be based. Covid situation in India has becoming alarming recently so I chose option two.

I have got PPR at the moment. I have sent documents for COPR to be issued.

Where's your application at?
I also did upfront medicals in February 2021 still have not heard from IRCC.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I also did upfront medicals in February 2021 still have not heard from IRCC.
Send webform again.. maybe they missed to process yours.. or maybe they are processing yours but it's taking time due to VO being on leave or something else..

Are you looking to travel now? If yes, then send a webform again

But wait ircc said not to submit any more webforms.. sorry mate.. i don't know what you should do

Reactions: K&K

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Your aor ?? Vo??? Did you get remedical request before PPR??? Ans when
I have shared my vo and aor on your previous comment.

Furthermore, I request you to be polite and frame complete questions.

No, I didn't get a remedical request. I had the option but chose not to pursue it.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Thanks for prompt reply, my copr is expiring in current month so worried about it.
Don't worry.. IRCC will contact you.. I mean they contacted me when I last contacted them in July stating I wont be able to travel.. in case you are in a hurry to travel you can look into travelling through USA.. there are a lot of ifs and buts related to it

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Send webform again.. maybe they missed to process yours.. or maybe they are processing yours but it's taking time due to VO being on leave or something else..

Are you looking to travel now? If yes, then send a webform again

But wait ircc said not to submit any more webforms.. sorry mate.. i don't know what you should do
I have raised a webform a day before Yesterday, lets see I hope they respond.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I will, was thinking of calling IRCC and asking about the status.
Yea that can work too.. they can write an email to your VO

That reminds me u can too write an email to your VO

How about try them both? And ofcourse get notes.. i recommend getting notes from a friend or relative rather than a third party.

Reactions: K&K

alyemeni

Jan 13, 2015
I missed this. When did you receive the second COPR?
They sent PPR last week. From experience i will get the second COPR next week. But the real question, what is the benefit of getting the second COPR as we are not allowed to travel? I am wondering if i will get AL after i get the second COPR. Anybody knows what will happen after getting the SECOND COPR?

Last edited:

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
They sent PPR last week. From experience i will get the second COPR next week. But the real question, what is the benefit of getting the second COPR as we are not allowed to travel? I am wondering if i will get AL after i get the second COPR. Anybody knows what will happen after getting the SECOND COPR?
Does your second copr not list that your application was approved before march 2020?

agk1956

Mar 15, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated

I received 2 option mail on 10th March , replied with Option 1 ready to travel as I am pre March 2021 and exempt form traveling.Not received any acknowledgment or response from IRCC and totally clueless on what to do next.

Thanks as always

Reactions: BillyWescott

whycovidwhy

Nov 27, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated

I received 2 option mail on 10th March , replied with Option 1 ready to travel as I am pre March 2021 and exempt form traveling.Not received any acknowledgment or response from IRCC and totally clueless on what to do next.

Thanks as always
One way to check if they've received your email is by calling @ Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (using TextNow desktop app). Its their customer support number. I did the same and was assured that the next steps would be informed soon.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
If we approved your permanent residence application and we issued you a COPR on or before March 18, 2020, you’re exempt from the travel restrictions.

However, you can’t travel to Canada on expired documents. We’ll contact you (if we haven’t already) to ask you if you’re able to travel to Canada now, to live and settle here. After we receive your reply, we will respond to you within 4 weeks. Once we approve you to come to Canada, we’ll issue you the documents you need to travel.

Does this mean that IRCC would contact us within 4 weeks ? anyone experienced this ?

source - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired