Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
I got the Sue Day "How did we do" survey email just now. Feels like they're just messing with us.
I would figure that IRCC would inform that they are doing such a survey using third party services, unless I have missed such an update.

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
The email I received from IRCC I believe is slightly different from others. See below

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR) and your expired confirmation of PR document (CoPR) and PR visa.

COVID-19 Travel Restrictions:

Travel restrictions, COVID-19 testing requirements, and quarantine requirements are currently in effect to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

You can find more information on current travel restrictions on our website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Your Application:

You have informed us that you would like to, and are able to, travel to Canada in the near future for non-discretionary reasons (i.e. to live and settle permanently in Canada).

As your CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, it appears you currently qualify for an exemption from the travel restrictions.

Based on our assessment of your enquiry, we have determined that additional processing is needed to extend the validity of your Confirmation of PR (CoPR) document and PR visa.

This is because the Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you and/or a dependent family member are not currently valid. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your immigration documents without valid medical results.

Next steps: Do a new medical examination and update your information

Your application has been reopened for re-assessment and new medical instructions have been sent to you. If you have an online account, please check it to download your forms.

Step 1: Do your medical(s)

You have THIRTY (30) calendar days to do your new medical examination using the forms that have been issued to you.

Important: Please DO NOT do an up-front IME. Completing an IME before IRCC asks you will delay processing and may lead to you spending more money on a new IME later on. You must take your new medical forms with you when you go for your medical examination(s).

Please note: If you are unable to do your medical examination within 90 days due to COVID-19 (e.g. you are unable to obtain an appointment with a panel physician), please reply to this e-mail explaining your situation.

Step 2: Reply to this e-mail

Once you have done your medicals, please reply to this e-mail and answer the following questions so that we can determine whether we need any additional information to re-assess your application and (if you still meet the requirements) re-issue your immigration documents:

What date and location did you (and your family members, if applicable) complete your new medical examination(s)?

Has there been any change in your family composition (birth, marriage, divorce, death) since the issuance of your original immigrant visa(s) – YES or NO? (If you answer yes, please provide details.)

Have any material facts relevant to your application changed for you and/or any of your accompanying or non-accompanying family members since the issuance of your original immigrant visa(s)? (e.g. relationship status, new criminal charges or convictions, change in country of residence, change in custody arrangements for minor child(ren), change in available settlement funds, etc.) – YES or NO? (If you answer yes, please provide details.)

Have you (or any of your family members) obtained a new passport since the issuance of your original immigrant visa(s) – YES or NO?

(If you answer yes, please provide details and attach a scanned copy of the biodata page of the new passport(s).)

Are you (and your family members, if applicable) currently inside Canada or outside Canada?

(If you or any of your family members is already in Canada, please tell us who, and what their current status is - e.g. worker, student, visitor.)

IMPORTANT: If we do not receive a response from you within THIRTY (30) calendar days with all of the information requested above, your application will be permanently closed.

Step 3: Await Further Contact

After we receive your reply (within 30 days), we will advise you if we need any more information to finish re-assessing your application.

Once we confirm that you continue to meet all statutory requirements, we will re-issue your CoPR with extended validity and also issue you the documentation you need to facilitate your travel to Canada.

IMPORTANT:

If you still intend to come to Canada to become a permanent resident, your action is required now

If you do not respond to this email within THIRTY (30) calendar days confirming that you and your dependants have undergone a new medical examination, your application will be permanently closed and you will need to re-apply for permanent residence and meet any requirements in effect at the time of your new application if you wish to immigrate to Canada in the future.

Choosing not to proceed with re-doing your immigration medical examinations and renewing your documents now will not have an adverse impact on a new application in the future.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
But I think the "2 options email" was for 4/7 pointer cases, isnt it ? for this new email that is being triggered, it only mentions issuance of PR Visa and COPR. However will have to wait and watch, no clarity if it would be AL and COPR.
I dont remember for sure but there were some people who had got 2 option email directly..

Wait n watch is the way to go :)

olufisayo77

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Please can anyone help me out. Please do i need to redo my police certificate report the last one submitted with my application was in April 2019. Due to covid 19 application still in process but medical and passport have expired in the process of getting upfront medical and new passport. Please advice do i need to get fresh police certificate report and upload all through web form. Thanks

jafaryusif

Aug 29, 2018
Azerbaijan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
NOC 0112
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Hi guys,

I got a 7 pointer email from IRCC (asking to confirm my ability to travel) on Jan 19, 2021, I replied straight away. Our medicals were also extended until the end of June 2021. It was mentioned in the email that they were going to send me updated documents within 4 weeks, with a validity period of 60 days, and an expiry date of June 30. 2021, but unfortunately more than 2 months have passed and there is complete silence from IRCC. Does this mean that they will need to send us new documents before June 30?

I m in Canada but my family members could not travel due to overseas flight cancellations. I have been away from my family for 1.5 years, and I am very frustrated and depressed.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
The email I received from IRCC I believe is slightly different from others. See below
‘finish reassesing your application’

Do they start the process all over again, while it was all approved n COPR issued once already.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Please can anyone help me out. Please do i need to redo my police certificate report the last one submitted with my application was in April 2019. Due to covid 19 application still in process but medical and passport have expired in the process of getting upfront medical and new passport. Please advice do i need to get fresh police certificate report and upload all through web form. Thanks
I personally would only upload what they ask me to. I wouldn't stress myself out with other documents if they have not specifically requested for it.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Here is my observation :

1. Till December, IRCC accepted RTT sent by expired COPR holders. In response, 4/7 pointer emails were received to determine if people could travel with existing medicals being valid. Upon satisfactory answers ALs were issued.
2. Wherever medicals had already expired, IRCC could not issue ALs. (some did upfront medicals and submitted via webform)
3. At start of year 2021, IRCC explicitly requested to not to send any RTT, rather mentioned that they will connect upfront.
4. For above point, people are now receiving the email that I mentioned I received. There are no "2 options" anymore and hence assume this is different.

Anyone agrees to my observations ?
I think it might be more complicated than that although the above probably true for Indian applicants. I'm depending on the Paris VO and I saw yesterday on the canada.ca website that the office is closed until further notice. In my case I sent RTT before December and have heard nothing. Did remed proactively and sent via webform and it wasn't updated.

Anyways let's keep hoping to get more visibility soon! If they extend the COPR by 12 months/validity period of new medicals that will give us ample leeway to prepare our immigration.

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Absolutely furious, devastated and could just sit and cry!

We received our COPR last week and after calling CBSA I was told because i'm an essential worker (Registered Nurse) and I have a job offer and licensure that i'd be able to travel. So I gave my employer a start date, we've rented a furnished property and put down a deposit on a car ready to finalize after we quarantine.

I just rang CBSA again to check whether I needed any specific paperwork to show an exemption to be told that no I don't have an exemption and i'm unable to travel on my COPR, but I could apply for a work permit and travel on that as I would have an exemption with a work permit as an essential worker.

Seriously WTF!!!

I've never known such a stupid situation. We put our house up for sale yesterday and now we're just going to have to cancel everything, we'll have lost nearly $3000 and i'll likely now lose my job because my employer is sick of waiting for me.

Yeah, welcome to Canada!!

Do you have any words of advice @legalfalcon??
Hi,

I was wondering if you had any update on whether you could eventually travel? My husband is in the exact same situation and all we are getting from IRCC are standard replies. I don't think they've even read what we're sending them.

An update on your situation would be so helpful, if you are happy to share...