Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
Hi guys,

Could you please post the experience of hotel stay at Toronto airport with respect to check in time? It's urgent for someone travelling from India soon.
Hi @whyCorona,
I stayed at hotel Sheraton Gateway and check-in time was 3pm. I reached at hotel at 2pm...they allowed to check in..no issues...

S_D_S

Mar 21, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I got an email from IRCC today.

Subject Line: Do you still want to immigrate to Canada?

"Your permanent resident (PR) visa has expired. If you are still interested in coming to Canada to become a permanent resident, your action is required immediately.

If you do not respond as requested in this letter, your application for permanent residence will remain closed and you will need to re-apply if you wish to immigrate to Canada in the future."

They sent me a template that says that I am still interested in immigrating to Canada. There was a short form I had to fill with fields for my name, COPR expiry date, country of residence, citizenship and names of dependents - which they asked me to fill and respond back to them on the same email ID within 10 days. I have already replied back to them.

They asked me not to do my re-medicals upfront and wait for their instructions. They mentioned that doing my medicals upfront will delay my processing.

My COPR Expiry Date is Aug 2020. Visa Office is NDVO. I'm a single applicant - EE - FSW.

Hoping to get a remedical request soon.

Hi, I also got the same email on the same date. The application was to sponsor my toddler son. Me and my wife are PR holders. I also did not get an automatic reply.

Reactions: Fmegha86

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi @whyCorona,
I stayed at hotel Sheraton Gateway and check-in time was 3pm. I reached at hotel at 2pm...they allowed to check in..no issues...
Thanks for replying.

My friend is coming with family and will be landing in the early morning. So this 3 pm check in rule might be an issue. Anyways they have booked the hotel with flexible check in time.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Hey Guys, I need your suggestion on taking the next step. @legalfalcon @whyCorona

So IRCC asked me to do Remedicals and they have updated my GC by removing the old counterfoils and sending me an IME form.
But, I had done my upfront re-medicals in Dec 2020, which havent been updated by IRCC. And they have mentioned in the yesterdays email as a Side note- as below

"Important: Please DO NOT do an up-front IME. Completing an IME before IRCC asks you will delay processing and may lead to you spending more money on a new IME later on. You must take your new medical forms with you when you go for your medical examination(s)."

This got me confusing now. Now, The Medical centre where i got my up-front remeds done, said they cant do another one until the latest one validity expires. And they asked me to email IRCC to merge my new UMI to the current given IME form.

What do you suggest i do?.

Hand

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hey Guys, I need your suggestion on taking the next step. @legalfalcon @whyCorona

So IRCC asked me to do Remedicals and they have updated my GC by removing the old counterfoils and sending me an IME form.
But, I had done my upfront re-medicals in Dec 2020, which havent been updated by IRCC. And they have mentioned in the yesterdays email as a Side note- as below

"Important: Please DO NOT do an up-front IME. Completing an IME before IRCC asks you will delay processing and may lead to you spending more money on a new IME later on. You must take your new medical forms with you when you go for your medical examination(s)."

This got me confusing now. Now, The Medical centre where i got my up-front remeds done, said they cant do another one until the latest one validity expires. And they asked me to email IRCC to merge my new UMI to the current given IME form.

What was ur earlier email received by ircc

Hand

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hi, I also got the same email on the same date. The application was to sponsor my toddler son. Me and my wife are PR holders. I also did not get an automatic reply.
I also got same email.any update receive after reply??

Jass88

Oct 3, 2019
I am a permanent resident. Just want to know that can my wife travel without AL as she is my immidiate family member if she gets her new copr counterfoil updated on gc key ??

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Hi everyone. Has anyone successfully received PPR after adding a newborn after remeds. I would be really grateful if you could let me know the timeline between remeds and PPR.
Thank you
hi friend, I did not go through this, but I know a college friend who did. Her application started and she got pregnant after medicals done. Happy news! But stress too. Like you, IRCC does not reply, replies 20 years later or replies with generic copy paste (to IRCC site links)...

Long story shot, she had done medicals and had to redo when pregnant and then finish after her super baby born. But guess wot? It took IRCC 2 months to reply to do remed after birth and she said she update her application.

So friends, please do not worry. IRCC never replies when you need them to. Think of the evil teacher you had at school who would scoff you and make you feel terribly and then enjoy make you wait for your exam result... Hee hee, I just share this part because it feels like IRCC enjoy make all of us wait even we stress and very bad feeling because of them.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
I did remeds for myself a few days ago and has been wondering how long it takes to be updated on the system
If my maths good, from college friend experience, during covid, it takes minimal of 2 months or more (unless your agent in IRCC wakes up or decided that he/she must earn salary). But I recall, she mention that before the 2 months, she sent some webforms to notify IRCC which reply copy paste. So, total, count 3 months minimal after you sent the webform they will real bother read it.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Friend, this is nice to hear. But by the time they vote in the parliament (2 months?) and then decide to act on it (prepare paper works, notify their IRCC...) and then IRCC take action (maybe another 2 months minimal), I think they may start work on our applications by August/September this year. And give that they use 3 weeks per webform message, may be all us can be in Canada by December in subzero winter. I am optimistic on this times lines but not satisfy we have to land there in winter sub zero.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020

This is really bogus that a new medical cannot over ride over the old one...

Did you try different medical centre (maybe phone them and tell them your situation)? I say may be the centre that does not do your old medical will accept?

Another idea - ask your medical centre for the medical you had up theirs - get a copy of old medical and send the copy by webform to IRCC and explain them you did it before and it's the same kind of medical as any other medical when they send the medical's requests?

It is stupid to ask you do medical which follow same format but just the dates are not what they after. You buy apple today or 2 days later - it is still apple! So stupid these kids in IRCC office...no brain to think.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018