+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Dear members, not sure how many are following the VFS disaster that is unfolding in India. Thousands of people with PPRs have been waiting for more than 20 days now for passport collection. I personally have been waiting for more than 16 days, and have not received any payment link or communication regarding passport collection. They are not responding to any query, nobody answers the call, only generic replies to emails and tweets.
Does anyone know what happens if we are unable to get our passports to the Visa Office within the 30 day time frame?
Appreciate your time.

Reactions: maradona007

omotoni

Mar 18, 2021
If you contemplate not to travel for the next 3-5 months, there is no need to inform IRCC. After your child is born, inform IRCC of the change in family composition. Your current COPRs will be cancelled and new ones will be issued after your child is added to your application.

As regards medicals, IRCC will assess them when they send you new COPRs. They may extend them or ask you for re-meds.
Hi,

I am in similar situation. I am expecting a child in July however my CoPR expires in Oct. Do you have an idea how long it takes to get a new CoPR after adding the new born baby? Would I have to show new proof of fund only for the new born baby or new family size incl new born baby? Thanks

@legalfalcon

Last edited:

Praneel Rathi

Mar 18, 2021
Hi all
My COPR was received before March 18th and Visa was stamped in April.
Due to corona, we did not fly to Canada and were hoping for situation to improve.

I got the below email on 15th December:
Our records at Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) indicate that:

• Your permanent residence application was approved.
  • The date of issue on the confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document that was sent to you and your family members, if applicable is on or before March 18, 2020.
  • You and your family members, if applicable, have not used your CoPR to enter Canada.
  • The validity date on your CoPR (i.e. the date by which you needed to travel to Canada) has passed and your document has therefore expired.
  • Based on your specific case details and as an exceptional response to COVID-19, IRCC was able to extend your medical exam validity; your medicals now expire on February 28, 2021.
IRCC wants to confirm that:
  • You still want to travel to Canada to become a new permanent resident; please note that IRCC is not asking you to purchase a plane ticket.
  • You are ready, willing, and able to travel before the current expiry date of your medical exams, in your case, February 28, 2021. This validity may not be further extended, without you re-doing all immigration medical exam(s) and covering the cost for them.
  • You are ready, willing, and able to travel to Canada on a valid passport by February 28, 2021.
  • There are no COVID-19 restrictions to prevent you from leaving your country.
  • There is a travel route with zero or one transfer that you can use to get to Canada and that is currently operating.
  • Your plan is to stay in Canada permanently.
  • You are able to arrange and cover the costs to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Canada.
If you fulfill all the conditions above, please reply to this email at ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca within 10 days and answer the questions using the response letter template below to help us better understand your situation.
Please respond to this email ONLY if you are sure that you could travel to Canada soon.
Please note that if new travel documents are issued to you, IRCC will send you a letter that will be valid for up to 60 days (but not exceeding your medical or passport validity), and it may not be possible for IRCC to issue you with another extension.

I did not reply to this email as I was not sure if i would be able to fly to Canada before 28th Feb. Now I am ready to fly and have submitted a web form for ready to fly.

Can anyone suggest if this is a correct approach or anyone in the same boat? Any help or guidance is really appreciated. I am really lost now.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,

I am in similar situation. I am expecting a child in July however my CoPR expires in Oct. Do you have an idea how long it takes to get a new CoPR after adding the new born baby? Would I have to show new proof of fund only for the new born baby or new family size incl new born baby? Thanks

@legalfalcon
Adding a baby is a fairly quick process as babies do not go through criminality and security admissibility. They only have to go through medicals. After you submit all your documents, it should not take more than 1-2 months.

However, with the current delays at the end of IRCC, you never know.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Dear members, not sure how many are following the VFS disaster that is unfolding in India. Thousands of people with PPRs have been waiting for more than 20 days now for passport collection. I personally have been waiting for more than 16 days, and have not received any payment link or communication regarding passport collection. They are not responding to any query, nobody answers the call, only generic replies to emails and tweets.
Does anyone know what happens if we are unable to get our passports to the Visa Office within the 30 day time frame?
Appreciate your time.
Keep the emails sent to VFS as a proof and attach them while raising a webform on 20th day to both CIC and NDVO that you are waiting for payment link from VFS and need an extension in the deadline.

Reactions: Djsingh44

kichoooo22

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
Friends I have a question. We have got our CoPR in Jan 2021, with exipry June 2021. Our medical had expired on Jan, however, IRCC might have extended it and given as CoPR valid till June 2021. My question is, we had mentioned our 4 year daughter as uncompanying in the process, since we thought it will better to bring her later( our personal opinion).Now since these CoPR expiry, travel resistrictions stuffs going on, it will very late for us to reach there, get settled and take our daughter.
Is there anything we can do now to include her and get her CoPR. eventhough she is uncompanying, she is mentioned in the application, her medical and all was completed along with us.
Request your valuable advice.
Advance thanks.

Pasire

Apr 9, 2020
(La version française suit le texte anglais)

March 17, 2021

Application number: EXXXXXXXX

Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada as an Economic Class permanent resident. We are looking forward to having you here, but you will have to wait a little longer.

Travel Restrictions Compliance and Enforcement
We want you to eventually come to Canada safely and legally. Please note if you don’t follow the instructions provided to and try to travel to Canada right now, you could face a signficant ticket or fine. Entering Canada is an offence under the Quarantine Act. For more information see Consequences for failure to comply with the Emergency order.

Please learn about how COVID-19 is affecting immigration services and how it affects travel, quarantine and borders for the latest information on travel restrictions before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada.

Reuniting with family
We understand that you may have family in Canada and are looking forward to seeing them. If you are trying to reunite with family in Canada, you likely meet an exemption under the travel restrictions. If so, please consult Foreign nationals reuniting with family regularly to find out if you can travel to Canada.

Keep us informed if your situation has changed
Please let us know if your situation changes in any of the following ways:

• Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
  • Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member
  • Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
  • You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence

We are sorry to keep you waiting and thank you for your patience,

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Got this email, early morning and another shock. Looking to fly out on 24th, all arrangements done and now this? Has anybody else got this?

My COPR issued before 18th march 2020 expired on June 2020 and Now got AL valid till 30th March 2021, flying out on 24th. Checked the wordings and hopefully am exempt but still need another opinion.

If anybody could share their thoughts, would be grateful.
Hi,

Even I got a similar email.

My COPR was issued prior to March 18, 2020 which expired in July 2020, later issued a new COPR in Jan 2021, valid until July 2021.
All set to travel on Apr 05, when I got this email yesterday.

I called IRCC and they told me to contact NDVO and ask them to issue me a Authorization letter. I am trying to call NDVO, but nobody is answering the call.

Any suggestions how to contact NDVO?

Ozed15

Mar 4, 2021
COPR issued before March 18th, 2020, and expired in November 2020. I got the 7pt email from IRCC in December asking me to confirm if I can arrive in March 2020, which I did.

Update:
Just realized my application status has changed. I also have a ghost update that reads:

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.
If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.

#My current profile status has also changed from "approved" to "Application/profile updated". Also, my biometrics number, the date of expiration of my biometrics, and date of biometrics enrolment have been removed from my profile.

Note, I did not get an email update, I just checked my profile randomly and found these changes today.

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Yes , I replied the 4 point email on October 2020, after Medical’s I raised web form multiple times
Hi
Please can you help me in this?
COPR stamped on 18 March 2020, Expired June 2020.
4 Pointer email received on 2nd Oct 2020 - Replied that I cannot travel.

Then Raised RTT in January 2021

8 March 2021 - Received a remedicals request.
Finished the Remedicals on 9th March

However, now my IRCC Application Page like this (just like how it looked after the first time of Medicals)

Could anyone please confirm if the Application Page on IRCC looks like this post the remedicals request?
It shows that I am required to take action and submit my medicals.

However, I confirmed with CDC and they have said that my re-medicals report was submitted on 11 March 2021. Today 19th March, and my IRCC Account page still requires me to take Action and submit my Medical Report.

Is this the same for all those who submitted their re-medicals?

VO- NDVO

"
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.
"

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Help - Please - For all who did their Re-Medicals - Can you clarify?

COPR stamped on 18 March 2020, Expired June 2020.
4 Pointer email received on 2nd Oct 2020 - Replied that I cannot travel.

Then Raised RTT in January 2021

8 March 2021 - Received a remedicals request.
Finished the Remedicals on 9th March

However, now my IRCC Application Page like this (just like how it looked after the first time of Medicals)

Could anyone please confirm if the Application Page on IRCC looks like this post the remedicals request?
It shows that I am required to take action and submit my medicals.

However, I confirmed with CDC and they have said that my re-medicals report was submitted on 11 March 2021.

Today 19th March, and my IRCC Account page still requires me to take Action and submit my Medical Report.

Is this the same for all those who submitted their re-medicals?

VO- NDVO

"
Application status

"

omotoni

Mar 18, 2021
Adding a baby is a fairly quick process as babies do not go through criminality and security admissibility. They only have to go through medicals. After you submit all your documents, it should not take more than 1-2 months.

However, with the current delays at the end of IRCC, you never know.
Many thanks for your response. What about the proof of funds? It is going to be reevaluated based on new family size right?