+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Pls share reply format
They gave me this template to copy and paste on an email and send it back to ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca

Dear Officer,

I am confirming that I remain interested in immigrating to Canada, and that I would like my application to be reopened and reassessed.

I also confirm that I will redo my immigration medical examination (IMEs), provide any updated information needed to re-assess my application, and intend to travel to Canada within the validity period of any new confirmation of permanent resident (CoPR) document(s) issued.

Please find my answers below:
Information about my application

Primary applicant family name(s):
Primary applicant given name(s):
Application number:
Class of application:
Primary applicant citizenship:
Current country of residence:
Date your CoPR/PR visa expired:
Full names of family members (including your spouse and dependent children) who are planning to travel to Canada with you, as well as the full names of any non-accompanying dependants:

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
I got the email from immigration.refugees.and.citizenship.canada@notification.canada.ca and had to reply back with my responses to ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca.

Yesterday marked the exact date my COPR was approved in 2020. This could be an auto triggered email. Has anyone else recieved something similar?

If you confirm that you are still interested in immigrating to Canada and that you would like your application to be re-assessed, IRCC will do the following on a one-time exceptional basis:

- Reopen your application and review it to determine whether any additional or updated documents are needed to confirm that you (and your family members, if applicable) still meet the statutory requirements for (a) permanent resident visa(s).
- Send you new medical forms and instructions, and also a request letter if we require more information or updated documents (e.g. valid passport, updated police certificate(s), updated screening forms).
- Review your application to confirm whether you still meet the requirements for a PR visa.
- If you still meet the requirements: re-issue your PR visa(s), which you will need to use before the new expiry date.

If you request that we reopen and re-assess your application IRCC must determine whether you continue to meet the requirements to be issued a Permanent Resident Visa. If you, or your family member(s) do not now meet those requirements (e.g. you are now inadmissible to Canada), your application could be refused.

If you wish to immigrate to Canada in the future, but have not replied to this message, you will need to re-apply for permanent residence, pay the required fees, and meet any requirements in effect at the time of your new application.

If you choose not to have your file re-assessed at this time, and instead you let this permanent residence application remain closed, this decision will not have a negative impact on a new application which you may make in the future.
Exactly! It's so frustrating. The strange part is that I've been responding to their 4-pt emails and raising so many RTT webforms. The email is worded as if I've been silent for over a year.

Based on my reply they're going to "re-assess my application and determine whether I continue to meet the requirements to be issued a Permanent Resident Visa". This part sounds a bit ominous coz I hope they don't re-evaluate right from the CRS score.

Fingers crossed on getting a medical request soon!
Call them up and ask to verify what the wordings mean?.and Once you reply to the email , call them after that and verify if the message has been received or acknowledged. I am sure support centre will tell you the last status update.

Reactions: tusa47 and pavie24

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Call them up and ask to verify what the wordings mean?.and Once you reply to the email , call them after that and verify if the message has been received or acknowledged. I am sure support centre will tell you the last status update.
I couldn't get through to them yesterday. I am going to call them today since I also did not get any acknowledgement on my reply yesterday. I'll be able to get more info on what they're going to reassess before sending me a remedical request or a new visa. Thanks!

Reactions: tusa47 and lnmora

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I got an email from IRCC today.

Subject Line: Do you still want to immigrate to Canada?

"Your permanent resident (PR) visa has expired. If you are still interested in coming to Canada to become a permanent resident, your action is required immediately.

If you do not respond as requested in this letter, your application for permanent residence will remain closed and you will need to re-apply if you wish to immigrate to Canada in the future."

They sent me a template that says that I am still interested in immigrating to Canada. There was a short form I had to fill with fields for my name, COPR expiry date, country of residence, citizenship and names of dependents - which they asked me to fill and respond back to them on the same email ID within 10 days. I have already replied back to them.

They asked me not to do my re-medicals upfront and wait for their instructions. They mentioned that doing my medicals upfront will delay my processing.

My COPR Expiry Date is Aug 2020. Visa Office is NDVO. I'm a single applicant - EE - FSW.

Hoping to get a remedical request soon.
have they, upfront contacted you ? or did you send any RTT earlier to which they replied with this?

Reactions: pavie24

Ten10

Mar 16, 2021
Just landed in Canada few hours back.
Primary things focussed are arriveCan, covid reports. No ask of AL during boarding. (Post 18 march copr with valid PRV and with extended family AL)
AL was asked for during Landing immigration. Verbal ask about supporting funds.
Covid report checked again.
Then stamped for landing on CoPRs. Address for PR card asked for and finally a warm 'Welcome to Canada' greeting.
Total landing process took 10-15mins max.

Currently quarantining in hotel for 3 days.
Was your family able to follow a few days after you, using your signed COPR? I think I read you mentioned that was the plan in a previous post. Thinking of doing the same thing i.e.going first and having my family follow

Doz

Dec 13, 2020
N
Was your family able to follow a few days after you, using your signed COPR? I think I read you mentioned that was the plan in a previous post. Thinking of doing the same thing i.e.going first and having my family follow
That would be great.

agk1956

Mar 15, 2021
Hi last week I received same email from IRCC , I replied with option 1, may be they gonna send the PPR soon
Hello,

Did you get any form of acknowledgement on your revert,because the mail states that they will send request to submit passport for Option 1 and we need to wait for their instructions.

Is my understanding correct ?

Reactions: jeetmehta1991

mrs.Saifee

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Good to know you landed safely and the quarantine procedures went smooth. If there are two people travelling together do they have to quarantine in separate rooms in the hotel or same room ? May I know if we need to take the 10th day covid test ourselves or someone might help to take it at our airbnb quarantine ? Also, which hotel did you stay for the 3 day quarantine ?
Congrats on getting the AL..can you please share the email address that you contacted

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I called up IRCC and they told me since my file is being processed by an office outside Canada, they cannot tell me if they've recieved my email. And also, since I responded just yesterday, it's too early for the system to reflect the same. They said it happens sometimes that you do not get an acknowledgement and my best course of action is to wait till I hear back from IRCC. They said I shouldn't be resending the email just because I did not get any acknowledgement.

I'm worried because if they haven't received my email, my application could be closed for good in the next 10 days.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
I called up IRCC and they told me since my file is being processed by an office outside Canada, they cannot tell me if they've recieved my email. And also, since I responded just yesterday, it's too early for the system to reflect the same. They said it happens sometimes that you do not get an acknowledgement and my best course of action is to wait till I hear back from IRCC. They said I shouldn't be resending the email just because I did not get any acknowledgement.

I'm worried because if they haven't received my email, my application could be closed for good in the next 10 days.
Wait for couple of days and call them again. That's the best course of action. What else can we do

Reactions: pavie24

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
We travelled together. I called IRCC and they said its only airlines that may ask a bit too much before boarding and ideally immigration should stay smooth as this is an edge case missed out in temporary covid laws. Since immediate family can travel next day then why not together. At immigration the officer did asked if i have Authorization email for all 3 and i replied they are my immediate family members so they dont require it... And She acknowledged it and thats it. All went smooth. Hardly took 10mins to do landing formalities.

Reactions: Ten10