+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Thanks --- I understand your VO is also NDVO?

Please update here if you see any updates!!
Thanks --- I know someone who did remedicals in February and was issued AL in March 2021 - NDVO

I dont understand what is their order of allocation...
no my VO is ABuDhabi - i did not request for AL as i was not ready to travel within the medical extension period - i opted for new copr which i am waiting for to be issued.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi guys my spouse she got PR last year but couldn't travel to Canada due to copr expired and later she got a reply from IRCC she has to submit a new medical exam then she did UPFRONT MEDICAL EXAM and submitted to IRCC by webform a month ago late she got another request from IRCC for new IME request and in the email says "Important: Please DO NOT do an up-front IME. Completing an IME before IRCC asks you will delay processing and may lead you to spending more money on a new IME later on.
have any one facing the same problem like me?
I think.. strictly my opinion.. upfront IME messes up their system..

I did upfront IME and I got a response.. it was late for me, but my friend got it in 2 days

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
I think.. strictly my opinion.. upfront IME messes up their system..

I did upfront IME and I got a response.. it was late for me, but my friend got it in 2 days
i had done Upfront IME but i got extension for the old medicals..after its expiry too, i still haven't received AL nor they updated my medicals .

Ram_0021

Aug 12, 2020
Hi All,

been a silent observer and thought i'd share my experience. It can be quite overwhelming reading the forum discussions where some people have had progress and others have heard nothing with their application, receiving a AL etc and where your application is amongst all this and you start to worry.

• Initially COPR was approved pre march 18th 2020, in Jan 2020 and was due to expire in May.
  • We were due to go in April 2020 for a soft landing but flights were cancelled by airline.
  • Raised web form advised IRCC, who advised to update when ready to travel.
  • May 2020 arrived, COPR expired as had my passport which I proceeded to renew.
  • Renewed passport completed webform and advised IRCC ready to travel for summertime end of july.
  • Received a request for arrival plan towards the end of july, which cancelled out leaving in summer due to notice required to leave work for my spouse, so we submitted the arrival plan to state we were due to arrive in december after xmas.
  • From July to December we raised webforms asking for updates on AL and heard nothing.
  • During this time my role was made redundant and i hadn't worked from April through to November when i secured a new job. And we decided to just enjoy xmas and chase up IRCC in the new year.
  • In December i then secured another new job to start in Jan 21.
  • In the first week of Jan 21 having started new role, we received the AL out of the blue stating our COPR and Medicals had been extended till end of March.
  • The AL referenced my expired passport, despite having advised them of my new passport so unsure if this was valid.
  • Logged a web form regarding the above and no response.
  • Reached out to IRCC on twitter who provided a email to contact regarding AL. They then updated my AL stating both passports which was a relief.
  • Then received webform response stating they can see issue resolved.
  • Booked flights for the end of feb.
  • Spent three hours getting through to book mandatory hotel which cost $1100 for two people.
  • Checked in at airport in Heathrow no issue check in desk cross checked with Canada immigration team and approved to proceed ( currently standard process)
  • Literally before stepping onto the flight we were flagged by canada immigration called the airline for extra checks to take place before we are approved to board. This was despite having the AL which no one seemed concerned about. Agent was asking where our counterfoils were amongst verifying other documents (UK passports are not issued with one, but they were not aware)
  • It was the most anxious time waiting for the agent on the phone to conduct their checks and call back to confirm or deny us boarding, we were the last ones left to board and the flight was held until the agent called back.
  • Agent finally called back and approved us, we landed in Toronto, no one really questioned about arrival plan, just where we were looking to stay
  • The immigration officer on landing took our docs told us to go sit-down for 10 mins called us back and we heard the famous words 'congrats you're now permanent residents of Canada.
  • declared goods to bring now and later and received a document to provide when we ship these over.
  • Conducted a covid test at airport
  • Shuttle took us to mandatory hotel, where we checked in with no issues.
  • Hotel allowed us to roam the lobby when not busy and get fresh air, food was also decent. The process was not a daunting one at all.
  • We received our results within 24 hours and checked out the next day, did not receive a refund but happy to leave
  • Booked Uber to airbnb
  • taken 10 day test where they come and collect the package from you and now awaiting results so we can finally go for a walk.

This may be a bit of a long winded post for some, but i hope it shows the highs and lows of the whole process, its a crazy time, we almost gave up on the whole thing.

Just have hope and belief and don't stop till someone actually says no you can't come. You will probably get your authorisation letter when you least expect it, we decided to continue as normal as we can and whatever happens, happens and we got our letter in the end.

The only people who can actually address if your documents are right or not and next steps are those at IRCC, seeking validation for what you need to do on here will only add to worries, if all you are waiting for is a response from them. The response will come in the end and you won't be penalised as IRCC have stated if impacted by covid. Wish you all well.
Good to know you landed safely and the quarantine procedures went smooth. If there are two people travelling together do they have to quarantine in separate rooms in the hotel or same room ? May I know if we need to take the 10th day covid test ourselves or someone might help to take it at our airbnb quarantine ? Also, which hotel did you stay for the 3 day quarantine ?

Newuser2021

Mar 13, 2021
Hi guys my spouse she got PR last year but couldn't travel to Canada due to copr expired and later she got a reply from IRCC she has to submit a new medical exam then she did UPFRONT MEDICAL EXAM and submitted to IRCC by webform a month ago late she got another request from IRCC for new IME request and in the email says "Important: Please DO NOT do an up-front IME. Completing an IME before IRCC asks you will delay processing and may lead you to spending more money on a new IME later on.
have any one facing the same problem like me?
Yes I am in the exact same shoes and posted about it yesterday.
Seems this is a new rule.

Newuser2021

Mar 13, 2021
Hi I am also facing the same problem like you last month my spouse she did UPFRONT MEDICAL EXAM and now she received request for new medical and I informed about my situation and sent upfront medical exam report.
please reply me if you have any updates from IRCC
Thank you
Doing same,which is replying them with the regret mail which led to the medicals and the response of having received the medicals from them,as well as the medical sheet.
I await their response,even though I have booked for medicals again,I hope and wish to get a positive feedback from them before the scheduled medical date .
Will keep you posted.

Reactions: Raina1996

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
no my VO is ABuDhabi - i did not request for AL as i was not ready to travel within the medical extension period - i opted for new copr which i am waiting for to be issued.
hi, did you receive the ppr request again or waiting for that as well?

Nov 18, 2019
I have got e-mail from IRCC :Action required – Are you able to travel to Canada soon? – Application #E00*** on 19 Jan 21 & I replied to it on 20 Jan 21. The email was subject to reply back from IRCC in 4 weeks, but till now no revert to it for AL
In the exact same situation. Please update when you receive a response.

Jass88

Oct 3, 2019
Not
@Jass88

@Jass88 Any update from your end?
Nothing just waiting for al. Talked to them on friday and the agent told me that the medicals got passed on thursday. But the thing is that we were informed in december that medicals are extended till june. But they updated on the system last week. Shocked to see how they are working.

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Not

Nothing just waiting for al. Talked to them on friday and the agent told me that the medicals got passed on thursday. But the thing is that we were informed in december that medicals are extended till june. But they updated on the system last week. Shocked to see how they are working.
"Shock" is an understatement at this point. 'Hopeless', 'numb', 'tired', 'humiliated' are the adjectives I would use.
It's day 13 of me waiting for a payment link. We are given 30 days to submit passport for stamping, and 13 days of silence have already passed.

Jass88

Oct 3, 2019
"Shock" is an understatement at this point. 'Hopeless', 'numb', 'tired', 'humiliated' are the adjectives I would use.
It's day 13 of me waiting for a payment link. We are given 30 days to submit passport for stamping, and 13 days of silence have already passed.
Seriously i dont know what to say just talked to an agent and she told me that they are reviewing that can they extend the medicals. Last time when i talked i was told that they have extended the medicals. Now dont know what to say. Very much disappointed. Its been nearly for a year just waiting for al.

tommybenet965

Nov 25, 2020
Doing same,which is replying them with the regret mail which led to the medicals and the response of having received the medicals from them,as well as the medical sheet.
I await their response,even though I have booked for medicals again,I hope and wish to get a positive feedback from them before the scheduled medical date .
Will keep you posted.
But when i asked the hospital for new medical they said me with in an year you can't do New medical exam that's what's they said.

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Hi Guys,

Going to be flying out on 24th after a rollercoaster ride. Got tested positive for COVID 2 weeks back and just got the negative result today.

Just a quick question if anybody can shed some light on it, information has come in that if we provide a positive covid test 14-90 days before travel then we are exempt from the testing on ground and consequently the hotel quarantine.

Has anyone gone through with this? or have any suggestions/ feedback? Going to be flying out on 24th morning from Dubai, if anybody else is on the flight would love to co-ordinate but I think at this point it's wishful thinking