+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

RS2020

Dec 30, 2019
Congratulations for sharing your whole experience.Which hotel did you choose for GAA Quarantine ?
Also $1100 were excluding tax or it included the government tax.
Was four points by Sheraton, included taxes and looks like you can now book hotels direct for website for some hotels including this one which they should have allowed from the start. I thought staff were very good there too.

was not charged anything extra for any covid tests. so the price included everything.

RS2020

Dec 30, 2019
Please what's the email?
from twitter IRCC account we were advised to contact the following for updated AL, we received a auto response back when we sent email which mentioned email is only for certain cases which were listed and didn't cover mine, though someone still responded back to us from Ottawa a week later, i wouldn't however start spamming them with multiple emails.

ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca

Reactions: Ajalpatel

Newuser2021

Mar 13, 2021
Good day everyone.
I have been a reader, but today I thought to share my experience as it might help someone.
Copr issued March 17 2020
Expired April 2020
Went through all the usual drama of 4 pointer mails and finally got the medical regret mail, which prompted my going for medicals on Jan 5th 2021.
Received Acknowledgement for medicals on Feb 11th.
I could not get to sort my daughter's medical as at January, but it was scheduled for March ending, then boom we got a mail to send her medicals in March 10th. This time with deadline of 90 days.
It's a Family class application.

Now to the business of the day, two days after my daughter's medicals mail, I get a mail for medicals too, this time with a clause which states I should not do upfront IME, I have never heard of this, don't know when upfront IME became an issue with IRCC. (This is me wondering if IRCC wants to cancel the validity of my Jan medicals)

I intend to reply with with all necessary documents attached. But it queries the idea of upfront medicals.

This is the preview of part of the mail IRCC sent below.

.........Your Application:

You previously informed us that you remained interested in travelling to Canada for non-discretionary reasons (i.e. to live and settle permanently in Canada).
As your CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, it appears that you currently qualify for an exemption from the travel restrictions, as long as you still intend to live and settle in Canada permanently.

As your CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, it appears that you currently qualify for an exemption from the travel restrictions, as long as you still intend to live and settle in Canada permanently when you travel.
Based on our assessment of your situation, we have determined that additional processing is needed to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document and PR visa.
This is because the Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you and/or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your immigration documents without valid medical results.
Next steps: Do a new medical examination and update your information
Your application has been reopened for re-assessment and new medical instructions have been sent to you. If you have an online account, please check it to download your forms.

Step 1: Do your medical(s)
You have NINETY (90) calendar days to do your new medical examination using the forms that have been issued to you.

Important: Please DO NOT do an up-front IME. Completing an IME before IRCC asks you will delay processing and may lead you to spending more money on a new IME later on. You must take your new medical forms with you when you go for your medical examination(s).

Please note: If you are unable to do your medical examination within 90 days due to COVID-19 (e.g. you are unable to obtain an appointment with a panel physician), please reply to this e-mail explaining your situation.

Step 2: Reply to this e-mail
Once you have done your medicals (within 90 days), please reply to this e-mail and answer the following questions so that we can determine whether we need any additional information to finish re-assessing your application and to re-issue your immigration.......

gjsrow

Aug 26, 2020
I have got e-mail from IRCC :Action required – Are you able to travel to Canada soon? – Application #E00*** on 19 Jan 21 & I replied to it on 20 Jan 21. The email was subject to reply back from IRCC in 4 weeks, but till now no revert to it for AL

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018

Good day everyone.
I have been a reader, but today I thought to share my experience as it might help someone.
Expired April 2020
Went through all the usual drama of 4 pointer mails and finally got the medical regret mail, which prompted my going for medicals on Jan 5th 2021.
I could not get to sort my daughter's medical as at January, but it was scheduled for March ending, then boom we got a mail to send her medicals in March 10th. This time with deadline of 90 days.

Now to the business of the day, two days after my daughter's medicals mail, I get a mail for medicals too, this time with a clause which states I should not do upfront IME, I have never heard of this, don't know when upfront IME became an issue with IRCC. (This is me wondering if IRCC wants to cancel the validity of my Jan medicals)

I intend to reply with with all necessary documents attached. But it queries the idea of upfront medicals.

You previously informed us that you remained interested in travelling to Canada for non-discretionary reasons (i.e. to live and settle permanently in Canada).
As your CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, it appears that you currently qualify for an exemption from the travel restrictions, as long as you still intend to live and settle in Canada permanently.

As your CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, it appears that you currently qualify for an exemption from the travel restrictions, as long as you still intend to live and settle in Canada permanently when you travel.
Based on our assessment of your situation, we have determined that additional processing is needed to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document and PR visa.
This is because the Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you and/or a dependent family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your immigration documents without valid medical results.
Your application has been reopened for re-assessment and new medical instructions have been sent to you. If you have an online account, please check it to download your forms.

You have NINETY (90) calendar days to do your new medical examination using the forms that have been issued to you.

Important: Please DO NOT do an up-front IME. Completing an IME before IRCC asks you will delay processing and may lead you to spending more money on a new IME later on. You must take your new medical forms with you when you go for your medical examination(s).

Please note: If you are unable to do your medical examination within 90 days due to COVID-19 (e.g. you are unable to obtain an appointment with a panel physician), please reply to this e-mail explaining your situation.

Once you have done your medicals (within 90 days), please reply to this e-mail and answer the following questions so that we can determine whether we need any additional information to finish re-assessing your application and to re-issue your immigration.......
Looks like you might have to redo the medical.

first reply to the email and explain that you already did medicals because you were trying to save time while anticipating their feedback and you never heard or read anywhere on the website that upfront medicals were not allowed. Then attach details of the medicals you’ve already done

Newuser2021

Mar 13, 2021
Yeah @ RS2020,

I do intend to reply them, showing this mail below cause that was was promoted my going for the medicals. And even their acknowledgement of having received my medicals without stating they had issues with it. As well as attaching the medicals again and asking categorically if it's valid or not before I take the next line of action.

Moreover is IRCC having issues with upfront medicals, I think they need to state it clearly if it's a new rule and have the hospitals stop generating IME number for people. It's never been an issue

This was the mail I got in December that made me go for the medicals. This was received in response to the 4 pointer mail I replied to in September 2020.

....Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada regarding your application for permanent residence.

Based on our assessment of the information you have provided to us, we regret to inform you that we are unable to process your application and issue a new Confirmation of Permanent Residence and a new Permanent Residence Visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, travel restrictions have been implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Canada.

The Immigration Medical Exam (IME) results for you or a family member have expired. It is not possible for IRCC to extend the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CRDP) and Permanent Resident Visa (VRP) when the IME results have expired.

Please be assured that your application will remain open and will be put on hold until travel restrictions are lifted or until you can demonstrate that you meet the above exemption criteria. You will need to submit the new information through our web form.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I have got e-mail from IRCC :Action required – Are you able to travel to Canada soon? – Application #E00*** on 19 Jan 21 & I replied to it on 20 Jan 21. The email was subject to reply back from IRCC in 4 weeks, but till now no revert to it for AL
Hold tight you did your part. Now just wait and hope for a reply. If you did not receive a reply or update on your application then send a follow up email on same email address after 4 weeks.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Guys I wasn't asked to provide address. So how am I going to receive my PR card ?
Please call CIC call centre and update your PR card shipping address. Sometime Immigration officer note down address you provide on Declaration form which is given to you while boarding the flight.

But you should call CIC and update your PR card address.

Reactions: Sam Sh

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
So it’s taken almost 3 months or so to obtain your ppr after the remedicals?

have you checked with vfs regarding the payment link?
Yes, almost 3 months.
I have no idea how to get in touch with VFS. I have tried calling their number several times, but nobody answers and they jumble you up in hundreds of options. It's very disheartening and depressing.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: Dimps18

tommybenet965

Nov 25, 2020
Hi guys my spouse she got PR last year but couldn't travel to Canada due to copr expired and later she got a reply from IRCC she has to submit a new medical exam then she did UPFRONT MEDICAL EXAM and submitted to IRCC by webform a month ago late she got another request from IRCC for new IME request and in the email says "Important: Please DO NOT do an up-front IME. Completing an IME before IRCC asks you will delay processing and may lead you to spending more money on a new IME later on.
have any one facing the same problem like me?

tommybenet965

Nov 25, 2020
Good day everyone.
Expired April 2020

Hi I am also facing the same problem like you last month my spouse she did UPFRONT MEDICAL EXAM and now she received request for new medical and I informed about my situation and sent upfront medical exam report.
please reply me if you have any updates from IRCC
Thank you