+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

adiljaved88

Jan 7, 2021
Hi everyone... I got my copr pre 18 March and it got expired in July. I am ready to travel since December 2020 and I have sent multiple web forums ready to travel posts. Most of the time I got generic replies like we ll let you know when a decision is made on your application.
The latest reply which I got today is like this
"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application."
Can anybody please tell me is it some kind of progress with my case of is it just another generic reply. Thanks

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Anyone in same situation as mine who got an extension on Jan 7 with a deadline till feb 27th and haven't received an AL. Despite sending multiple webforms still no response from IRCC?

smpbcpr

Feb 7, 2020
Hi all,

I had received my CoPR approved before March 18, 2020. We wanted to do a soft landing, but could not travel due to COVID related travel restriction and my CoPR expired in April 2020. I got a 7 pointer mail in Oct asking if I am ready to travel, to which I did not respond as it asked for a response only if I am ready to travel.

Our situation / status changed since the last few months, my wife (primary applicant) passport expired in Dec and a new passport was issued, we notified IRCC about the same. Also, we are expecting our first baby in July, we updated IRCC about this as well and mentioned that we would not be able to travel at-least until July. All communication with IRCC has been via web-forms. These were raised in Dec and Jan.

We got an mail yesterday which said, "Your account has been updated", when I opened it, I saw that the status has been returned back to Submitted from Approved. The date of submission was the initial date of submission in May 2019. Could someone please help me understand if this is gone back to the days of express entry submission? Will they ask for additional background certificates, IELTS exam, medicals etc. Do I need to go through the process again? or is this an update they are making at their end to update new passport details.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced a similar scenario and can share their perspectives.

Feb 1, 2021
Hi ,
Just I received email
This refers to previous correspondence regarding your application for permanent residence (PR) and your expired confirmation of PR document (CoPR) and PR visa.

COVID-19 Travel Restrictions:

Travel restrictions, COVID-19 testing requirements, and quarantine requirements are currently in effect to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

You can find more information on current travel restrictions on our website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Re-Issuance of Permanent Resident Visa:

You previously informed us that you were still interested in travelling to Canada for non-discretionary reasons (i.e. to live and settle permanently in Canada).

As your original CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, it appears that you currently qualify for an exemption from the travel restrictions, based on the information you have provided and the current rules in place.

We have also reviewed your situation and confirmed that it appears you (and your family members, if applicable) have done (a) new medical examination(s) since your original CoPR(s) expired. The new expiry date of your medical(s) is: 2021/11/20 07:00:00 PM

(If there is more than one date of expiry for you/any family members, the earliest date is provided above.)

Documentation to Facilitate Travel to Canada:

Please select one of the following two options:

Option 1: Confirm that you plan to travel to Canada before the validity date above. If you choose this option, you will be sent a request to submit your passport (which must be valid until at least the date above) to IRCC for physical reissuance of your CoPR (and your PR visa, if you are a citizen of a visa required country). Your CoPR will be annotated to indicate that it is a replacement for a document issued on or before March 18, 2020. If you select this option, you must use your re-issued CoPR and PR visa before the validity date printed on the new documents expires. If you do not use them before they expire, you will need to submit a new application if you want to immigrate to Canada in the future.

Option 2: Do another medical examination. If you select this option, you will be sent a request to do new medicals (at your own expense) within NINETY (90) calendar days. Your new medicals will be valid for 12 months from the date of your new examination. When we receive your updated medical results, we will assess whether any other information needs to be updated to re-issue your CoPR(s). If you (and your dependants, if applicable) continue to meet all statutory requirements, we will send you a request to submit your passport(s) for physical reissuance of your documents, which you will need to use before they expire.

Action required:

If you still intend to come to Canada to become a permanent resident, your action is required now

You must reply to this message within ten (10) calendar days to tell us which option you choose.

In your response, you must also inform us if any of the following applies:

• Your family composition has changed (e.g. birth, marriage, divorce, death)
  • Any material facts relevant to your application have changed for you and/or any of your accompanying or non-accompanying family members since the issuance of your original CoPR (e.g. marital status, new criminal charges or convictions, change in country of residence, change in custody arrangements for minor children, change in available settlement funds, etc.)
  • You (or any of your family members, if applicable) have obtained a new passport since the issuance of your original immigrant visa (if yes, attach a scanned copy of the biodata page)
  • You (or any of the family members on your application) are already physically in Canada.

If none of the above applies, you can write: “There have been no changes to any material facts relating to my application.”
Can you pls tell me from which e-mail address did you get the email?

Feb 1, 2021
Hi All,

been a silent observer and thought i'd share my experience. It can be quite overwhelming reading the forum discussions where some people have had progress and others have heard nothing with their application, receiving a AL etc and where your application is amongst all this and you start to worry.

• Initially COPR was approved pre march 18th 2020, in Jan 2020 and was due to expire in May.
  • We were due to go in April 2020 for a soft landing but flights were cancelled by airline.
  • Raised web form advised IRCC, who advised to update when ready to travel.
  • May 2020 arrived, COPR expired as had my passport which I proceeded to renew.
  • Renewed passport completed webform and advised IRCC ready to travel for summertime end of july.
  • Received a request for arrival plan towards the end of july, which cancelled out leaving in summer due to notice required to leave work for my spouse, so we submitted the arrival plan to state we were due to arrive in december after xmas.
  • From July to December we raised webforms asking for updates on AL and heard nothing.
  • During this time my role was made redundant and i hadn't worked from April through to November when i secured a new job. And we decided to just enjoy xmas and chase up IRCC in the new year.
  • In December i then secured another new job to start in Jan 21.
  • In the first week of Jan 21 having started new role, we received the AL out of the blue stating our COPR and Medicals had been extended till end of March.
  • The AL referenced my expired passport, despite having advised them of my new passport so unsure if this was valid.
  • Logged a web form regarding the above and no response.
  • Reached out to IRCC on twitter who provided a email to contact regarding AL. They then updated my AL stating both passports which was a relief.
  • Then received webform response stating they can see issue resolved.
  • Booked flights for the end of feb.
  • Spent three hours getting through to book mandatory hotel which cost $1100 for two people.
  • Checked in at airport in Heathrow no issue check in desk cross checked with Canada immigration team and approved to proceed ( currently standard process)
  • Literally before stepping onto the flight we were flagged by canada immigration called the airline for extra checks to take place before we are approved to board. This was despite having the AL which no one seemed concerned about. Agent was asking where our counterfoils were amongst verifying other documents (UK passports are not issued with one, but they were not aware)
  • It was the most anxious time waiting for the agent on the phone to conduct their checks and call back to confirm or deny us boarding, we were the last ones left to board and the flight was held until the agent called back.
  • Agent finally called back and approved us, we landed in Toronto, no one really questioned about arrival plan, just where we were looking to stay
  • The immigration officer on landing took our docs told us to go sit-down for 10 mins called us back and we heard the famous words 'congrats you're now permanent residents of Canada.
  • declared goods to bring now and later and received a document to provide when we ship these over.
  • Conducted a covid test at airport
  • Shuttle took us to mandatory hotel, where we checked in with no issues.
  • Hotel allowed us to roam the lobby when not busy and get fresh air, food was also decent. The process was not a daunting one at all.
  • We received our results within 24 hours and checked out the next day, did not receive a refund but happy to leave
  • Booked Uber to airbnb
  • taken 10 day test where they come and collect the package from you and now awaiting results so we can finally go for a walk.

This may be a bit of a long winded post for some, but i hope it shows the highs and lows of the whole process, its a crazy time, we almost gave up on the whole thing.

Just have hope and belief and don't stop till someone actually says no you can't come. You will probably get your authorisation letter when you least expect it, we decided to continue as normal as we can and whatever happens, happens and we got our letter in the end.

The only people who can actually address if your documents are right or not and next steps are those at IRCC, seeking validation for what you need to do on here will only add to worries, if all you are waiting for is a response from them. The response will come in the end and you won't be penalised as IRCC have stated if impacted by covid. Wish you all well.
Hi sir. So happy for you. Congrats!!
Just wanted to ask one thing. You had said "Reached out to IRCC on twitter who provided an email to contact regarding AL"....Can you pls share the email that they provided?

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hi all,

I had received my CoPR approved before March 18, 2020. We wanted to do a soft landing, but could not travel due to COVID related travel restriction and my CoPR expired in April 2020. I got a 7 pointer mail in Oct asking if I am ready to travel, to which I did not respond as it asked for a response only if I am ready to travel.

Our situation / status changed since the last few months, my wife (primary applicant) passport expired in Dec and a new passport was issued, we notified IRCC about the same. Also, we are expecting our first baby in July, we updated IRCC about this as well and mentioned that we would not be able to travel at-least until July. All communication with IRCC has been via web-forms. These were raised in Dec and Jan.

We got an mail yesterday which said, "Your account has been updated", when I opened it, I saw that the status has been returned back to Submitted from Approved. The date of submission was the initial date of submission in May 2019. Could someone please help me understand if this is gone back to the days of express entry submission? Will they ask for additional background certificates, IELTS exam, medicals etc. Do I need to go through the process again? or is this an update they are making at their end to update new passport details.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced a similar scenario and can share their perspectives.
You won't need a new IELTS report. However, they might ask for the rest. Since your family composition has changed you might need an updated proof of funds. You will need a new counterfoil\CoPR for your newborn child, and if your medical has expired, you will need to undergo a new one (or they might extend the last one).

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Yes, did remeds more than 3 months ago.
My Visa expired in August 2020.
So it’s taken almost 3 months or so to obtain your ppr after the remedicals?

have you checked with vfs regarding the payment link?