+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Nov 18, 2019
Hey guys,

Any expired COPR holder issued before March 2020 with VO Ottawa got the AL? I have replied to the 7 pointer email on Jan 2021 but there is no reply yet from ircc.

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi everyone one ,
Copr expired on June 2020, raised multiple times ready to travel form. Oct 2nd 2020 , 4 points email received. Oct 7th 202o replied with requested documents. Nov 5th 2020 re Medical’s requested. Nov 18th 2020 New Medical’s done . After that no update yet. Any body got a update or AL after that please share the information please.

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hey guys,

Got an AL today finally!! COPR expired on June 2020, received remedical request on 10th February and the request letter asking for POF and quarantine plan. Uploaded the medical acknowledgment and Quarantine plan on 13th feb. Medical passed on 19th February , received webform acknowledgement on 2nd March, received GU on 5th March and received AL today valid till 9th May 2021.

Once they started the process everything was really fast and smooth! :)
Which visa office New Delhi?

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi ,
Just I received email
This refers to previous correspondence regarding your application for permanent residence (PR) and your expired confirmation of PR document (CoPR) and PR visa.

COVID-19 Travel Restrictions:

Travel restrictions, COVID-19 testing requirements, and quarantine requirements are currently in effect to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

You can find more information on current travel restrictions on our website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Re-Issuance of Permanent Resident Visa:

You previously informed us that you were still interested in travelling to Canada for non-discretionary reasons (i.e. to live and settle permanently in Canada).

As your original CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, it appears that you currently qualify for an exemption from the travel restrictions, based on the information you have provided and the current rules in place.

We have also reviewed your situation and confirmed that it appears you (and your family members, if applicable) have done (a) new medical examination(s) since your original CoPR(s) expired. The new expiry date of your medical(s) is: 2021/11/20 07:00:00 PM

(If there is more than one date of expiry for you/any family members, the earliest date is provided above.)

Documentation to Facilitate Travel to Canada:

Please select one of the following two options:

Option 1: Confirm that you plan to travel to Canada before the validity date above. If you choose this option, you will be sent a request to submit your passport (which must be valid until at least the date above) to IRCC for physical reissuance of your CoPR (and your PR visa, if you are a citizen of a visa required country). Your CoPR will be annotated to indicate that it is a replacement for a document issued on or before March 18, 2020. If you select this option, you must use your re-issued CoPR and PR visa before the validity date printed on the new documents expires. If you do not use them before they expire, you will need to submit a new application if you want to immigrate to Canada in the future.

Option 2: Do another medical examination. If you select this option, you will be sent a request to do new medicals (at your own expense) within NINETY (90) calendar days. Your new medicals will be valid for 12 months from the date of your new examination. When we receive your updated medical results, we will assess whether any other information needs to be updated to re-issue your CoPR(s). If you (and your dependants, if applicable) continue to meet all statutory requirements, we will send you a request to submit your passport(s) for physical reissuance of your documents, which you will need to use before they expire.

Action required:

If you still intend to come to Canada to become a permanent resident, your action is required now

You must reply to this message within ten (10) calendar days to tell us which option you choose.

In your response, you must also inform us if any of the following applies:

• Your family composition has changed (e.g. birth, marriage, divorce, death)
  • Any material facts relevant to your application have changed for you and/or any of your accompanying or non-accompanying family members since the issuance of your original CoPR (e.g. marital status, new criminal charges or convictions, change in country of residence, change in custody arrangements for minor children, change in available settlement funds, etc.)
  • You (or any of your family members, if applicable) have obtained a new passport since the issuance of your original immigrant visa (if yes, attach a scanned copy of the biodata page)
  • You (or any of the family members on your application) are already physically in Canada.

If none of the above applies, you can write: “There have been no changes to any material facts relating to my application.”

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi ,
Just I received email
This refers to previous correspondence regarding your application for permanent residence (PR) and your expired confirmation of PR document (CoPR) and PR visa.

Travel restrictions, COVID-19 testing requirements, and quarantine requirements are currently in effect to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

You can find more information on current travel restrictions on our website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

You previously informed us that you were still interested in travelling to Canada for non-discretionary reasons (i.e. to live and settle permanently in Canada).

As your original CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, it appears that you currently qualify for an exemption from the travel restrictions, based on the information you have provided and the current rules in place.

We have also reviewed your situation and confirmed that it appears you (and your family members, if applicable) have done (a) new medical examination(s) since your original CoPR(s) expired. The new expiry date of your medical(s) is: 2021/11/20 07:00:00 PM

(If there is more than one date of expiry for you/any family members, the earliest date is provided above.)

Option 1: Confirm that you plan to travel to Canada before the validity date above. If you choose this option, you will be sent a request to submit your passport (which must be valid until at least the date above) to IRCC for physical reissuance of your CoPR (and your PR visa, if you are a citizen of a visa required country). Your CoPR will be annotated to indicate that it is a replacement for a document issued on or before March 18, 2020. If you select this option, you must use your re-issued CoPR and PR visa before the validity date printed on the new documents expires. If you do not use them before they expire, you will need to submit a new application if you want to immigrate to Canada in the future.

Option 2: Do another medical examination. If you select this option, you will be sent a request to do new medicals (at your own expense) within NINETY (90) calendar days. Your new medicals will be valid for 12 months from the date of your new examination. When we receive your updated medical results, we will assess whether any other information needs to be updated to re-issue your CoPR(s). If you (and your dependants, if applicable) continue to meet all statutory requirements, we will send you a request to submit your passport(s) for physical reissuance of your documents, which you will need to use before they expire.

Action required:

If you still intend to come to Canada to become a permanent resident, your action is required now

You must reply to this message within ten (10) calendar days to tell us which option you choose.

• Any material facts relevant to your application have changed for you and/or any of your accompanying or non-accompanying family members since the issuance of your original CoPR (e.g. marital status, new criminal charges or convictions, change in country of residence, change in custody arrangements for minor children, change in available settlement funds, etc.)
  • You (or any of your family members, if applicable) have obtained a new passport since the issuance of your original immigrant visa (if yes, attach a scanned copy of the biodata page)
  • You (or any of the family members on your application) are already physically in Canada.

If none of the above applies, you can write: “There have been no changes to any material facts relating to my application.”
It's now or back to square one email.

Reactions: K&K

mrs.Saifee

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hey guys,

Got an AL today finally!! COPR expired on June 2020, received remedical request on 10th February and the request letter asking for POF and quarantine plan. Uploaded the medical acknowledgment and Quarantine plan on 13th feb. Medical passed on 19th February , received webform acknowledgement on 2nd March, received GU on 5th March and received AL today valid till 9th May 2021.

Once they started the process everything was really fast and smooth! :)
Hi ... congrats on you AL.
Do we have to show a six month bank statement for expired CoPR?

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
I'm gonna land this week!
---
I've booked a hotel room. Should we pay for the Covid test at the airport?
No one asked for money for covid test. Just make sure you register for switch health to save time doing that on airport

Reactions: Sam Sh

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi ,
Just I received email

Action required:

Thanks! What's your VO?

I'm not really sure what the difference between Option A and Option B is. It looks like Option A would require you to go to Canada and settle within a short period of time whereas Option B would allow you to virtually relocate within a full year. Is that your understanding too?

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
7-point email: 24th December 2020; I did not reply back to them since I wasn't ready to travel
Re-medical email: 24th December
Went for medical: 24th February 2021
5th March: New email stating -

No confirmation of the re-medical yet. No other update or email. Got the above email where they have asked me to let them know if I can travel to Canada within 60-days or not. I have 14-days to let them know.

I am, honestly, unsure of what happens if I say I am not ready to travel. It's very overwhelming to figure this all out when you are worried about your living situation, job prospects and expenses there.

Anyways, sharing this here in-case it's helpful/informative/relevant to anyone else.
Please keep us updated. I expect I will be in the same situation as you whenever they contact me. I hope they'll be flexible with your case!

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
N
Thanks! What's your VO?

I'm not really sure what the difference between Option A and Option B is. It looks like Option A would require you to go to Canada and settle within a short period of time whereas Option B would allow you to virtually relocate within a full year. Is that your understanding too?
NEW DELHI VISA OFFICE