+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Meg Hassakorsian

Jun 24, 2020
If you're expired CoPR approved prior to March 18, 2020 and you've valid CoPR now; you can travel to Canada. This has been confirmed by High Commission of Canada in India in a message to me on Twitter.
@wick_sran What question do they ask specifically when they ask if you are ready to travel? what timeline do they give? if the expiry of medicals is too close can you ask them to extend medicals and re issue copr so you can travel later than 2 months? I ask cause I cannot leave my job short notice.

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
Just landed in Canada few hours back.
Primary things focussed are arriveCan, covid reports. No ask of AL during boarding. (Post 18 march copr with valid PRV and with extended family AL)
AL was asked for during Landing immigration. Verbal ask about supporting funds.
Covid report checked again.
Then stamped for landing on CoPRs. Address for PR card asked for and finally a warm 'Welcome to Canada' greeting.
Total landing process took 10-15mins max.

Currently quarantining in hotel for 3 days.

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Just landed in Canada few hours back.
Primary things focussed are arriveCan, covid reports. No ask of AL during boarding. (Post 18 march copr with valid PRV and with extended family AL)
AL was asked for during Landing immigration. Verbal ask about supporting funds.
Covid report checked again.
Then stamped for landing on CoPRs. Address for PR card asked for and finally a warm 'Welcome to Canada' greeting.
Total landing process took 10-15mins max.

Currently quarantining in hotel for 3 days.
Congrats mate.
I have observed a large decrease in number of posts in this thread. I guess people are frustrated. So am I. All this keeping us at the door is so annoying. Im wondering when the borders will be open for post March COPRs.
Stay safe

Reactions: Klaverveld

KSAimmCan

Oct 6, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi guys

out of topic question. Surely, all of these are speculations but curious of your opinion.

I've landed with AL and expired COPR middle January. I planned to do this permanently but there is some emergency and I have to fly off middle of April. So, before I am off I will be staying 3 months. My PR card is with me.

IRCC states you must " be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)". What is are the possible consequences if I leave and fly back in several months? Again, I understand nobody knows for sure, but any opinions highly appreciated.
Hi there,

Sorry this doesnt address your query, but could you please let us know how long it took to receive your pr card starting from the day of landing?

Duffa

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hello everyone, I recently received AL letter and it seems the process is somewhat streamlined now.
Sharing my timeline as below:

PR applicant - Express Entry (Origin-India)

Copr approved December 2019
Copr expired April 2020
Multiple webforms were sent and received nothing but generic responses.
No 4 point/7point emails ever received.
Spoke to IRCC only once in January 2021.
Re-medical request - February 2021 (first week)
Re-medical done
- last week February 2021 (done in Delhi)

*March 3rd*- Re-Medical uploaded, approved, New COPR folio updated in GC account and AL letter received in email. (YES, all on the same day!)

With this, I hope everyone receive their sought approvals at the earliest!
Godspeed to all!
Congrats! Please what is IRCC's number

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Congrats mate.
I have observed a large decrease in number of posts in this thread. I guess people are frustrated. So am I. All this keeping us at the door is so annoying. Im wondering when the borders will be open for post March COPRs.
Stay safe
My friend, the most depressing part is that NO process is being followed. Who gets an AL and when they get it is ALL RANDOM.
Our new COPRs are useless.
I've been waiting for 7 months now with an expired COPR and received a new PPR request on Friday, and most likely it will be accompanied by a letter saying that I cannot travel because of travel restrictions.
It seems like the logic of Canada is that COPR holders who don't have any family in Canada, worked hard to earn points on their own, and do not reside in the US are the most contagious people in the world who must not be allowed into Canada.

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
My friend, the most depressing part is that NO process is being followed. Who gets an AL and when they get it is ALL RANDOM.
I've been waiting for 7 months now with an expired COPR and received a new PPR request on Friday, and most likely it will be accompanied by a letter saying that I cannot travel because of travel restrictions.
It seems like the logic of Canada is that COPR holders who don't have any family in Canada, worked hard to earn points on their own, and do not reside in the US are the most contagious people in the world who must not be allowed into Canada.
Ik would really like to know what is the difference between pre/post 18 March CoPR holders...
And what is the difference between an US/European/Asian post 18 March CoPR holder.

If an US CoPR holder isn't a danger... Why would another one be a danger?

rdskhalsa

Nov 11, 2017
Hi,

I have a valid COPR issued after March 2020, and a valid America visit visa. Now I am supposed to visit America to visit my brother in late February for a week, can I fly from there to Canada to permanently settle?

I am asking because on https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start it says:

"from the United States (including connections, so long as you enter Canada from the U.S.)"
I have the same question, did you get any response to your query?

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hey brother,

I feel so sorry for you. I know what you feel and this feeling simply sucks. My AOR comes from Dec 2018. It's been over 2 years right now then. Although my application has been approved a few months ago, my passport has been stuck at the consulate and they are not going to stamp it with COPR until the travel restrictions are lifted.
Nothing else but to wait and deal with frustration.
I would say stay strong. But to hell with it. How long can we all wait? A year of our life has been wasted.
take care

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Ik would really like to know what is the difference between pre/post 18 March CoPR holders...
And what is the difference between an US/European/Asian post 18 March CoPR holder.

If an US CoPR holder isn't a danger... Why would another one be a danger?
Good point. Bullshit is covered with bullshit.

amrahsidana

Mar 14, 2020
Hey - how do you "proactively" redo remedicals? Please can you explain?
VO: Delhi
COPR: stamped on 18th March 2020 (so i am in exempt category)
Expired - June 2020
4 Pts - 2 Oct 2020
Replied - unable to go at the moment
Raised webforms / emails in December / January - I can travel now
Received email in January - asking for Proof of Travel, Proof of Funds, Quarantine Plan.
No response after that
Raised multiple requests and webforms for travel since
Proactively' means did medical without waiting for medical request.
(On 2 Dec after replying to 2 Oct email, I received an email refusing to process the application. The refusal letter mentioned my request cannot be processed due to expired medical exams. So I went to certified medical centre and re-did medical exams and uploaded proof via webform. ')

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
For those didn't reply to 7 point email, or replied 'not ready to travel', here is my update:

I replied to the 7 point email as 'Not ready' in January and just received a reply. I have been given 2 options:
- travel in April, and they will provide the AL. If I select this option and fail to travel by the provided date, I will need to submit a new application I want to settle in Canada later.
- or, re-do medical. They will review and re-issue a COPR.

I chose to re-do my medical exam, given I just accepted a job, and it won't be long before I can get my vaccine done in the UK. So it makes sense for me to wait a little longer. I really appreciated the options I have been given and how considerate they are with the situation.

I had an update on my account on Friday last week, with my status changed to in process. Then this Monday I received the email. It looks like they are really speeding up. I know a lot of you are frustrated and wanting to move asap, I hope you get what you want from Canadian government soon.

Meg Hassakorsian

Jun 24, 2020
For those didn't reply to 7 point email, or replied 'not ready to travel', here is my update:

I replied to the 7 point email as 'Not ready' in January and just received a reply. I have been given 2 options:
- travel in April, and they will provide the AL. If I select this option and fail to travel by the provided date, I will need to submit a new application I want to settle in Canada later.

I chose to re-do my medical exam, given I just accepted a job, and it won't be long before I can get my vaccine done in the UK. So it makes sense for me to wait a little longer. I really appreciated the options I have been given and how considerate they are with the situation.

I had an update on my account on Friday last week, with my status changed to in process. Then this Monday I received the email. It looks like they are really speeding up. I know a lot of you are frustrated and wanting to move asap, I hope you get what you want from Canadian government soon.
@guocamole Hi dear, can you update on what happens next. I am pretty much in the same boat, great job I just started, my copr hasnt expired yet but I would be willing to wait a bit longer before travelling. so wondering if the extension option is viable...
Best.

KSAimmCan

Oct 6, 2020
Category........
FSW

Hi there

Could you please elaborate on the first option? Do they mean you will have to restart your application from scratch? If you could quote their exact words it would be helpful.

In my case I didnt reply to the 7 pt email but still ended up receiving the AL. The AL clearly mentions that if I'm unable to travel before AL expiry date then I will undergo COPR and PRV re-issuance process again.

Reactions: BillyWescott

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
@guocamole Hi dear, can you update on what happens next. I am pretty much in the same boat, great job I just started, my copr hasnt expired yet but I would be willing to wait a bit longer before travelling. so wondering if the extension option is viable...
Best.
I just replied today. I expect they will send me a medical request (within 90 days according to the email, but certainly hope it's going to be quicker than that) and I will need to re-do it. My COPR expired in May 2020 though, so I am not sure if you can reference this. I will update once I have any progress anyway.