+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020
I want to move in the next 8 months.. lots of variables.. no concrete plan

You mentioned you are hypertensive.. could you share what all extra tests they did for you during med examination? Apart from hypertension, do you have any other conditions for which u take regular meds?
Nothing extra in tests as results came normal on test day. Apart from ht medication I take blood thinner and lower my cholesterol as I also hot fatty liver

Cansav

Dec 12, 2019
Hi , has anyone on the forum got a new AL or any email from IRCC while being inside canada . My copr expired in september and I replied to 4 pt email in october , I've called ircc multiple times but all they tell me is to wait . I feel like they arent even bothered about people who are Inside canada waiting on their process .

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
Hello Vivek, I am in US and planning to travel by road this weekend. Could you please share your experience here once landed. Thanks.
Hi @rajgrk ,

The process was pretty smooth at Vancouver airport. They asked me for my negative test and arrivecan receipt. The told me to go to the cbsa officer, The officer looked at the documents and asked for the address where PR should be sent to. Then asked for goods to follow.
Please make sure you request to print the new copr if your old one is expired and you have an AL.

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
Got it, I'll ask them if they didn't print new copr. I'm traveling evening to Vancouver. Anything else I need to be aware/wary of?
@gholam_1084 Good thing you mentioned about this. The CBSA officer in vancouver didnt know about this and I told him that i need a new print, he went in and came back after a little while with a printed document and gave me the client copy

Reactions: gholam_1084

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hello,
Just join this forum. I would love to hear from expert here and thank you in advance for your help. So here is my brother case:
COPR received: March 14 2020
COPR expired: May 1st 2020
We raised ready to travel webform.
received four points email in October.
Re medical done in November till now no update. So my actual question is that I’m Canadian citizen so can my brother apply for AL under extended family member with expired COPR? Any suggestions will be highly helpful. It’s been a year and situation getting so stressful.
Medical’s are updated in your online account?

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Someone posted a video of how to use the ArriveCan; Could you please link it again, can’t find it?

what category do you choose for EE CoPR holders for purpose of travel?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Someone posted a video of how to use the ArriveCan; Could you please link it again, can’t find it?

what category do you choose for EE CoPR holders for purpose of travel?
I posted but it was taken away by the moderator as we are not supposed to post any link over here.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Hi guys! I received an email stating that there's an update in my account. The counterfoil informations has been removed and all the details in background check,eligibilty and others has changed to "we are processing..."

Anyone had same experience and how long did it take to receive AL after this email?

Thanks

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
@Vivek1717 did he keep your old copr copies?
They keep the old copies and print two copies of new CoPR (one for them and one for applicant). In my case, officer knew the process and he also glued the photograph from old CoPR to the new CoPR (his copy of CoPR) and handed me the signed and stamped CoPR (my copy of new CoPR).

Vazi

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-05-2020
Hi All,

Hope all are well in these difficult times.

I am trying to book the 3 nights hotel accommodation but Unable to reach through the numbers on the government website. 3+ hours of wait times and still no connect with the agents. I am losing patience.

Can you book the 3 day hotel quarantine directly from the hotel website? It's cheaper also on the website. :)
Hey there,

Sorry if you have answered before but do you have AL to travel ? Because i dont and i dont know if i should go ahead with the booking and take my chances.

dr_sana

Nov 21, 2020
They have updated the website and clearly put it in bold that direct booking through the hotel website is not allowed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers/list-government-authorized-hotels-booking.html

Looks like, we will have to call the numbers and wait for someone to answer our calls. Sigh.
Yeah seen that update now. Still unsuccessful in getting through to the phone line.

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
They keep the old copies and print two copies of new CoPR (one for them and one for applicant). In my case, officer knew the process and he also glued the photograph from old CoPR to the new CoPR (his copy of CoPR) and handed me the signed and stamped CoPR (my copy of new CoPR).
I got it signed and date stamped, any other stamp required on it too??

sh221b

Feb 24, 2021
Hi,

Both my wife and I were issued COPRs before 18th Mar 2020, however we were blessed with a baby in Jun 2020 and she got her COPR on 15th Feb 2021 along with re-stampings for us which is valid till Sep 2021 (Medicals expiry for us). I wanted to check if all 3 of us can travel together or only my wife and I are exempted considering my daughter would 'technically' come in post 18th Mar 2020 pool?
Hi,
I am currently in a similar situation, COPR issued before 18th March 2020 and expired April 2020. We were blessed with a baby girl in September2020 and I initiated the process of adding her as a dependent and have submitted all the required documents/medical for my daughter along with our re-meds as asked by IRCC. Could you please let me know how long it took from re-meds to get a PPR(Passport request) for your yourself and the baby?
Thanks.