+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020
Hi I have expired corona Jul 2020 i couldn't travel before as tickets got cancelled multiple times. Later I got corona and took a few weeks to recover with post covid symptoms. Now can i delay travel applying for authorisation letter as long as I can since I have comorbidities bp,heart related dont want to risk. Now my question is
-Will my pr get cancelled for this delay in applying authorisation letter as it is valid only for few weeks
-or shall i apply get remedicals hoping extending copr by an year from medicals even if letter is valid for few weeks
- are they extending copr for 1 year after medical

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
You're right. But the thing we can't simply forget is that we're all on the verge of leaving our countries for good. I've sold almost 2/3 of my stuff. I've kinda psychologically emigrated already! LOL
Anyway, we can't do anything else just like what u mentioned.
Just wanna pitch in, I resigned from my job last year and was ready to leave to Canada with booked flight tickets. Then CoVID happened, international flights got banned, CoPR/PRV got expired. I had to take back the resignation on last day of my notice period. I was so inclined towards leaving my employer but after some good advise from close ones I decided to take back my resignation. It was the best decision that I took which eased off some stress and kept me busy when there was so much uncertainty involved in processing of CoPR extension in this pandemic situation. Got AL after 8 months of CoPR expiry, resigned again, gracefully paid some portion of notice period to get relieved early and travelled to Canada.

With so much travel restrictions and measures in place, gone are the days when receiving a golden email is considered as a big achievement as it got superseded by boarding a fight [finally], fastening the seat belts and watching it taking off.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hello!

Apologies if this is a repeat question. It's become a bit difficult to navigate this thread to get precise answers.

My CoPR expired in April last year. I decided to hold out on travelling to Canada till things settled/improved. In December I received a message from IRCC stating -

I never indicated that. I told them I won't be able to travel using the form quite a while back. Anyways, it was also stated that if I don't respond to them in 10 days (or so), then that means I am not ready to travel at the moment. So, I didn't send them any message.

I then received another message asking me to get another medical done because the first one expired quite a while back. I will be getting that done this week.

My question is, once my medical gets done, will I be issued a "Travel authorization letter" automatically irrespective of my intent to not travel now? Given the 14-day required self-quarantine and the mandatory hotel stay, and the general fear of travelling even now (especially since I won't have a job there right away), I am not sure if I want to travel so soon and waste money.

Or will I have the option of waiting after my medical is done?

What do you all honestly suggest as well - to travel or not? I notice a lot of people are eager to travel and I am wondering if I am just being too paranoid about all this even after this past year.

Thank you!
I said i won't be travelling to 7 pointer email.
I did medicals without a request from them.
I got al stating copr extension for another year and al validity for 2 months

Anyone knows when canada would lift travel restrictions?

Also, can copr holders apply for family reunification? I mean my parent is alone and don't want to leave her here in these trying times.. so can she travel with me?

Last edited:

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Just wanna pitch in, I resigned from my job last year and was ready to leave to Canada with booked flight tickets. Then CoVID happened, international flights got banned, CoPR/PRV got expired. I had to take back the resignation on last day of my notice period. I was so inclined towards leaving my employer but after some good advise from close ones I decided to take back my resignation. It was the best decision that I took which eased off some stress and kept me busy when there was so much uncertainty involved in processing of CoPR extension in this pandemic situation. Got AL after 8 months of CoPR expiry, resigned again, gracefully paid some portion of notice period to get relieved early and travelled to Canada.

With so much travel restrictions and measures in place, gone are the days when receiving a golden email is considered as a big achievement as it got superseded by boarding a fight [finally], fastening the seat belts and watching it taking off.
So true man.. so true.. Congratulations!

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020
I said i won't be travelling to 7 pointer email.
I did medicals without a request from them.
I got al stating copr extension for another year and al validity for 2 months

Anyone knows when canada would lift travel restrictions?

Also, can copr holders apply for family reunification?
What is your copr expiry date?
Can we give medicals without them asking?
Will they give year extension after medical as i dont want travel soon as I got covid and recovered also with comorbilities , want wait for vaccine.

Thanks and plz can u reply my above question

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
What is your copr expiry date?
Can we give medicals without them asking?
Will they give year extension after medical as i dont want travel soon as I got covid and recovered also with comorbilities , want wait for vaccine.

Thanks and plz can u reply my above question
Disclaimer: follow my advice at ur own risk

It expired towards the end of 2020..

I don't know if you should.. I just got worried and went ahead.. but unless they have denied to do it somewhere, i think you should be good.

I don't know if they would give u or anyone else an extension or if it would be for a year.. they may need pcc or their operation protocols may have changed.. I don't know

I think if u have recovered from covid u would be good for 7-8 months now.. get ur antibody test done if you want to be sure and move :)

But yea getting a job in Canada is not easy at the moment..

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi All,

We would be getting job offer in Information technology sector and we are holding valid COPR Visa Post March18. Need your below inputs with your experience pls.

Did anyone received AL with Job offer and Post March18 COPR?

Anyone travelled with Job offer plus Post March valid copr without AL?
Hi, I am also interested in the answer to this question. We are in the same situation. If you find out anything, please will you let me know? And I will do the same.

dr_sana

Nov 21, 2020
Hi All,

Hope all are well in these difficult times.

I am trying to book the 3 nights hotel accommodation but Unable to reach through the numbers on the government website. 3+ hours of wait times and still no connect with the agents. I am losing patience.

Can you book the 3 day hotel quarantine directly from the hotel website? It's cheaper also on the website. :)
Same for me. I am not sure if we can book online. I am unable to reach them through phone though.

Any people who have landed post 22nd Feb? Please share your experience. Was it mandatory to show hotel booking prior to boarding?

adiljaved88

Jan 7, 2021
Hi guys... my Copr expired last July and it was issued before 18 March. Now I am thinking of applying AL through my brother who is a Canadian citizen. I have downloaded the IM0006 form. My question is that if I applied for AL on basis of my extended family member, will it apply to my whole family (wife and 5years old daughter) or it will be just for me? I could not find anything related to this in the IM0006 form. if someone could help me with this, I will be very obliged.

Ajourney

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Hello All,

Is there anybody that has successfully added baby to COPR, pre march 18th, and has received AL or passport request. Please could you share your experience and timelines. I would be so grateful.

Thank you!

Reactions: DrCanada55

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020
Disclaimer: follow my advice at ur own risk

It expired towards the end of 2020..

I don't know if you should.. I just got worried and went ahead.. but unless they have denied to do it somewhere, i think you should be good.

I don't know if they would give u or anyone else an extension or if it would be for a year.. they may need pcc or their operation protocols may have changed.. I don't know

I think if u have recovered from covid u would be good for 7-8 months now.. get ur antibody test done if you want to be sure and move :)

But yea getting a job in Canada is not easy at the moment..
I am wondering if giving medicals and extending copr , so I can have better time and preparation for landing as u know they say not use AL for landing purpose only

So when are u plan to move?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
You're right. But the thing we can't simply forget is that we're all on the verge of leaving our countries for good. I've sold almost 2/3 of my stuff. I've kinda psychologically emigrated already! LOL
Anyway, we can't do anything else just like what u mentioned.
Yes. Selling 2/3 of the stuff is different and leaving your job a& waiting for renewal is very different. At least you are in much better situation. Canada is struggling with vaccines also apart from snowbirds. They will take their time.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I wish I have your positive thinking. Unfortunately, I received an email last June 2020 stating that my PR application was approved. That's why I resigned from my work thinking that I will receive the CoPR by December 2020 so that I can settle all my personal admins in my country. The CoPR never came. I have been waiting for the CoPR until now.
I can not comment much about it but seeing the situation you should not have resigned at all. Things are equally worse over here.

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
I am traveling tomorrow to Canada. I am still not able to book the hotel as they are either not recieving the call or put it on mute. I have been trying all day from India and also people from Canada.