+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020
Hi I have expired corona Jul 2020 i couldn't travel before as tickets got cancelled multiple times. Later I got corona and took a few weeks to recover with post covid symptoms. Now can i delay travel applying for authorisation letter as long as I can since I have comorbidities bp,heart related dont want to risk. Now my question is
-Will my pr get cancelled for this delay in applying authorisation letter as it is valid only for few weeks
-or shall i apply get remedicals hoping extending copr by an year from medicals even if letter is valid for few weeks
- are they extending copr for 1 year after medical

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
What do you mean? Can't he travel with the IRCC exemption letter as he is an extended family member?
I will follow your lines - hopefully, I get it!
That is why I said he can try to get an exemption. Exemptions are not guaranteed. Hope he gets one.
The current situation is really confusing. Many exemptions are odds. I just can hope people with COPR get the opportunity to land as soon as possible.

Reactions: crackMBA

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
I am landing on 24th in Vancouver. How am I supposed to book the hotel for my 3 day quarantine? Through this toll free number?

Last edited:

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
I had sent before my copr expired. I mentioned that I was ready to travel. And asked them what to do. I read about more and more cases when they ask to do remedical
Thank you Ann for your reply, I hope you'll get your AL very soon. Are you an extended familly member or do you fall in any exemption group?
one more question please: how long between webform an remedical request?

Last edited:

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
If your old copr is now expired, and you have your AL, they have to issue new copr with valid dates for you, but unfortunately not all of officers know about it. In my case, the officer signed the old one, then I told her that you should give me the new one with valid dates, she refused first,but then she asked her manager, then print the new one.
I hope it helps
Got it, I'll ask them if they didn't print new copr. I'm traveling evening to Vancouver. Anything else I need to be aware/wary of?

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Most of the places have free cancellation till 48hrs before the trip. Otherwise it is always a risk to but we do not have any choice. In which city are you staying?
Thanks, crackMBA.
Right now I am in USA. I will directly traveling from here as COPR holders from USA are exempt. I will be landing in Toronto.
Anyways, one of the owner at AIRbnb promised me he will not penalize me if I cancel my reservation due to Covid delay so I booked the place. Though, the refund policies were saying otherwise.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Thanks, crackMBA.
Right now I am in USA. I will directly traveling from here as COPR holders from USA are exempt. I will be landing in Toronto.
Anyways, one of the owner at AIRbnb promised me he will not penalize me if I cancel my reservation due to Covid delay so I booked the place. Though, the refund policies were saying otherwise.
If you are in USA then try crossing the border via land as you can skip compulsory hotel quarantine rule.

EropbI4

May 29, 2020
Thanks, crackMBA.
Refund policies > Owner’s promises.
Bear That in mind

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I will follow your lines - hopefully, I get it!

The current situation is really confusing. Many exemptions are odds. I just can hope people with COPR get the opportunity to land as soon as possible.
This what all COPR holders are hoping since 1 year. If you have job and well settled in your home country then you should not stress much about this and loose your sleep. Things are very messy here also. Try under exemption and hope for the best.

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
This what all COPR holders are hoping since 1 year. If you have job and well settled in your home country then you should not stress much about this and loose your sleep. Things are very messy here also. Try under exemption and hope for the best.
would you please share your experience with the border and immigration officers? did they ask for the travel exemption letter and the IMM0006 form?