Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Thank you. So if we are post March 18 expired COPR holders with no family members, it is highly unlikely that we may receive an AL to travel soon.
Yes i presume so. I’m in the same boat as well and my copr just expired yesterday. I read people who called ircc and got AL as well but as far as official word is concerned, ircc says to wait for them to reach out to us.

Reactions: Wotsit and Dimps18

skgimcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020
Essential travel is job-related. For instance truck drivers, health care workers, commercial pilots, people who work in the oil industry, etc. They are also exempt from mandatory quarantine. They do not need to provide proof of a scheduled quarantine plan or perform the PCR test. Anybody else is considered non-essential. Some non-essential visitors such as people who have close relatives, and\or coming directly from the U.S whose purpose is to establish residency can also enter Canada. But unlike essential travelers, they have to undergo the PCR test 72hr before boarding their airplane/start their journey by car, test for Covid-19 upon arrival at the port of entry, stay at a designated hotel for a maximum of a 3-day period until they receive their test result, and lastly, quarantine for 14 days.
Thanks mate, This is crystal clear.

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi,

Both my wife and I were issued COPRs before 18th Mar 2020, however we were blessed with a baby in Jun 2020 and she got her COPR on 15th Feb 2021 along with re-stampings for us which is valid till Sep 2021 (Medicals expiry for us). I wanted to check if all 3 of us can travel together or only my wife and I are exempted considering my daughter would 'technically' come in post 18th Mar 2020 pool?
When you started processing the re-stamping of copr, didnt you inform ircc of your baby? If yes i would think its not an issue. But i would probably call ircc just to be sure. Or hopefully someone in the forum has an answer.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
It is what it is. Atleast its something lower than a well rounded figure ;)
While making travel plan, I contacted ALOFT hotel near Montreal Airport in early January. They said I can spend my quarantine period there along with my family. The cost was $1472 with breakfast for 14 nights (2 rooms for 2 adult & kid). They said they will serve the breakfast at room & will provide the lunch/dinner at additional cost. Now I can see the same hotel listed as Government quarantine hotel and we need to pay almost 3 times the amount just for only 3 days. That sucks but if allowed to travel then anyone including me will be happy to pay no matter its 2 or 3 times..haha :)

• Wow
Reactions: tusa47

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
Yes i presume so. I’m in the same boat as well and my copr just expired yesterday. I read people who called ircc and got AL as well but as far as official word is concerned, ircc says to wait for them to reach out to us.
How did people talk to IRCC over phone while sitting in India. What is the phone no. They used and how did they talk to them. Did they use any application to talk to them.

Thanks in advance

Angeltemmy

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Good day, we just got COPR, I am the primary applicant and my spouse has a sister who is canadain, will they give us both AL? as he can't land alone as my dependant, I also have a Canadian cousin.

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Guyz I don't know what's going on currently. I will receive my COPR tomorrow..
is it possible to travel or there are restrictions?

gholam_1084

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Thank you all a lot for sharing your experiences here. They are so useful. I invite all people who want to land soon (or even later) to read these posts at least from 50 pages before the last page. I share my experience here with you: I landed on 16th in Montreal.
Firstly applied in 2015! (Yes 6 years ago)
I got my copr in early 2020 which got expired lately because of Corona.
I raised a 4pt in November, no answer
I got contacted by IRCC, 7pt, end of January then I responded : ASAP! Fortunately I got my AL on 11th Feb. To avoid 3 days quarantine in the hotels, I landed on 16th. Here is my experience with the officers:
They asked me about my quarantine plan, checked the arrivecan, the first one didn't know she should print new copr (I learned it in this forum, so I asked it, she went and asked her supervisor, then said "you're right").
They are serious about the taxi or private car (so don't risk it).
Prepare as many as documents you think you will need: beside of me there was a guy from Pakistan who couldn't answer some questions and provide documents so they take him to another office!
It was a long line in Montreal as they check all study/work/copr together, so it takes 2h waiting then 20 minutes for me. And after all this, finally, I got "welcome to Canada " !

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Thank you all a lot for sharing your experiences here. They are so useful. I invite all people who want to land soon (or even later) to read these posts at least from 50 pages before the last page. I share my experience here with you: I landed on 16th in Montreal.
Firstly applied in 2015! (Yes 6 years ago)
I got my copr in early 2020 which got expired lately because of Corona.
I raised a 4pt in November, no answer
I got contacted by IRCC, 7pt, end of January then I responded : ASAP! Fortunately I got my AL on 11th Feb. To avoid 3 days quarantine in the hotels, I landed on 16th. Here is my experience with the officers:
They asked me about my quarantine plan, checked the arrivecan, the first one didn't know she should print new copr (I learned it in this forum, so I asked it, she went and asked her supervisor, then said "you're right").
They are serious about the taxi or private car (so don't risk it).
Prepare as many as documents you think you will need: beside of me there was a guy from Pakistan who couldn't answer some questions and provide documents so they take him to another office!
It was a long line in Montreal as they check all study/work/copr together, so it takes 2h waiting then 20 minutes for me. And after all this, finally, I got "welcome to Canada " !
What a dramatic journey!
Best wishes my friend

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
For the Proof of funds question at the airport, Do you need a customized letter from bank showing the balance? or the last 6 month account statements are enough?

Regards,
Vivek
I've heard this is optional. whatever to prove.... even some cash works .

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
I was supposed to get my package (visa/copr) today and fly to Toronto tonight to avoid hotel quarantine, but just realized moving with COPR is not that quick and there're still restrictions.....

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hi guys,

I was issued my COPR and visa stamp in Sept 2020 with a validity till 30 March 2021. I'm assuming there are many in the same boat as me.

Based on the current travel restrictions I'm not eligible to travel to Canada, as I do not fall under any of the travel exemptions mentioned like in the following
1. I am an Indian passport holder staying in Dubai. So I don't reside in the US.
2. I also do not have any siblings, relatives (near or far), loved ones, etc residing in Canada.
3. My COPR was issued after 18 March 2020.
4. I am a mechanical engineer, and hence do not come under the essential skills category.

I was hopeful that the travel restrictions would be lifted prior to the expiry of my COPR. But based on current events, the travel restrictions do not seem to be going anywhere.
Simultaneously, I had raised several web forms to IRCC prior to November 2020 enquiring about the travel restrictions being lifted, and received nothing but generic answers. As I am slowly approaching the date to the expiry of my COPR while being clueless of the next steps. I am really looking forward to finding some clarity in the forum regarding this issue.

I've been told that one of the steps would be to raise a web form asking for an extension on the COPR. However, it is my understanding that based on new developments, we are not supposed to contact IRCC through the web form. Please refer to the link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2020-covid-approved-pr-applications.html

I believe this is the link for web form - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/(X(1)S(fzi0dr2y5owqlyzvztbvs3zo))/case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.89663579.1982319276.1412349823&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1&wbdisable=true
For some reason once I hit next on the web form, the page is frozen and doesnt go forward.

If there is another link, kindly post it as a reply. Thanks.

Exactly same situation. PPR Ocy 20 and expiry March 21.
As far as I understood, we need to wait our turn for now . after this category of before 18/02/20 they will start looking to our cases.

Best regards