+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

DD2020

Apr 11, 2020
Finally the long wait is OVER!!!

VO: OTTAWA
After re-medicals request in Nov-2020,,,,New counterfoil numbers updated on 15-Dec-2020
AL (Travel Authorization Letter) received on 02-Feb-2021
AL expiry date: 02-Apr-2021
No 4/7 pointer emails

Note: Sent an e-mail with a cover letter to following ID's on 01-Feb-2021

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca (Got AL from this email id at 9:15 PM IST)

india.consular@international.gc.ca

CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca

Please check my previous messages in case anybody have queries regarding my PR journey!!!

Will update once the 1st landing is completed!
Thanks so much for sharing. What did you write in the body of the email? Same message as the webform?

nrthstr1202

Jan 9, 2021
select not exempt from travel and then select the category that is relevant. If not then select none of the above. You should still be able to get a code i believe.

when i travelled back to Canada last month, i also selected that i am exempt from travel but then the immigration officer asked me if i am an essential worker and i told him i'm just a permanent resident returning, he then himself selected a few options and asked me to fill in my details like address n all.

AL Update
My wife also received her AL yesterday. She has 60 days to complete the travel. After almost 6 months on what seemed to be like a never ending wait, finally there's something to be happy about. This forum has been a great support throughout. For all those who are still waiting, hang in there. Looks like IRCC is turning the corner.

Will update on her travel experience once she lands.
Thank you for your input on the ArriveCAN app. I'm not sure if I'll be exempt since I'll be working in healthcare. I guess the officer will complete his or her assessment and let me know.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Finally the long wait is OVER!!!

VO: OTTAWA
After re-medicals request in Nov-2020,,,,New counterfoil numbers updated on 15-Dec-2020
AL (Travel Authorization Letter) received on 02-Feb-2021
AL expiry date: 02-Apr-2021
No 4/7 pointer emails

Note: Sent an e-mail with a cover letter to following ID's on 01-Feb-2021

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca (Got AL from this email id at 9:15 PM IST)

india.consular@international.gc.ca

CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca

Please check my previous messages in case anybody have queries regarding my PR journey!!!

Will update once the 1st landing is completed!
what was the time span between the Medicals getting updated and the néw Counterfoil update on the system? Please advise.

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Hi
I have a small query, my medical expired on 23rd August 2020 and I still have not heard from them, so should I proceed with getting upfront medicals or should I wait?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi
I have a small query, my medical expired on 23rd August 2020 and I still have not heard from them, so should I proceed with getting upfront medicals or should I wait?
Did you already receive your Copr?

DD2020

Apr 11, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I have a question and would appreciate it if anyone can help me. I started my education online in India at a Canadian university in Sept 2020. I have been waiting for a COPR extension for the past 8 months (counterfoil expiry pre 18 march). It is very important for me to travel to Canada to continue my education. Can I apply for a student visa in this situation?

@legalfalcon please advise.

Reactions: BillyWescott

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
Thank you, it's working again now. I think it was a technical problem from their side.Are you post march, is your copr about to expire? I don't know if I should send an email to ask for extension, but to what adress, my VO was sydney. Good luck to you as well!
Im glad it worked. Yeah I am post march, and my COPR is to expire on 30 March 2021.