+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Our COPR was issued prior March 18, 2020 and it expired in May 2020. We filled in the webform around Dec 16, 2020 expressing our intention to travel by March 2021. We sent a reminder email around January 9, 2021. As per the general instructions posted on the IRCC website we must wait for them to call us up. Is there anything we can do to expedite the process.
Unfortunately no. You can call IRCC and get an update.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I'm post march 18 and I can't travell now because of the restrictions, I don't fall in any exempted category. I'm afraid thatmy copr expire before restrictions are lifted. My copr expires on 10 march2021, my medicals were extended on september 2020 but no idea for how long
I think you check medical validity by calling ircc

Reactions: sarah2006

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
yes. I did speak to them earlier, and they reassured regardless of the deadline , AL will be sent and only thing I can do is wait.
Does it mean that we don’t need to call up IRCC to ask about AL? My COPR issue date is also after 18th march and is expiring soon end of feb.
Also, is there a general timeline on how much time do they give for you to travel with an AL? I’m rather conflicted as I don’t intend to settle permanently just yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will it be applicable to us! I mean it's for non essential travellers who are coming back after vacationing. We are immigrants.
I am going to land in Canada on 23rd Feb.
Yes likely although you'll need to wait for confirmation. New PRs can also bring into covid to Canada so it is also important to determine if they arrive and test positive.

Vineetha Naval

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-01-19
Will it be applicable to us! I mean it's for non essential travellers who are coming back after vacationing. We are immigrants.
I am going to land in Canada on 23rd Feb.
Am landing on feb 26th. Very confusing and uncertain that they haven't mentioned the exemptions any where ! Is there any way we can call someone and get info/clarity on this ? Reply via a web form will definitely take time, considering we have very short time .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Am landing on feb 26th. Very confusing and uncertain that they haven't mentioned the exemptions any where ! Is there any way we can call someone and get info/clarity on this ? Reply via a web form will definitely take time, considering we have very short time .
Without it being announced I don't think anyone can confirm. Although there is a mention of not punishing people who need to travel it is very difficult to scrutinize all the applications before people arrive and determine who would not need to enter a quarantine hotel. I assume you will need to shpw your hotel reservation before boarding your flight although not sure the legalities of this. There may be an option for a loan if people can not afford the hotels like other past repatriations. We'll all need to see.

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Pretty much sums it up. There is no clarity on this however hope they will be available before new rules go live. There are hints that there are some exemptions which is good i hope for new landings.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Pretty much sums it up. There is no clarity on this however hope they will be available before new rules go live. There are hints that there are some exemptions which is good i hope for new landings.
Wouldn't count on too many exemptions but we'll need to see.

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
I have no idea whom to call or contact. I guess will have to wait for further news. I hope that we r exempted from this rule being first time immigrant.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi All,

Finally after 1000 pages of this forum my wife landed today.
Timelines:

VO: Vancouver
COPR expiry: June 07, 2020
7pt mail: Dec 21, 2020
Replied to 7pt: Dec 27, 2020
AL Received: Jan 15, 2021
Counterfoil updated: Jan 29, 2021
No remed requested.
Flew AC on Feb 11th.

Everything was smooth. No questions asked at all, everyone is aware of AL.
Somehow the immigration officer in Toronto was not able to print her new COPR because of some glitch. She has to wait for almost 2 hrs there. It happened with few other people also.

Now she is in quarantine.
I will be partly active on the forum. Tag me or DM me if I miss your question.
Happy to help other people.:)

Thank you everyone for all the support.
Heartiest of Congratulations
Such news bring a lot of joy and happiness.
stay blessed and happy
And please continue with the amazing help you have been giving everyone here.

Reactions: crackMBA and K&K

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Landed at Toronto today around 5 am! (Air Canada direct flight from New Delhi to Toronto)

Immigrations went smoother on both sides India & Canada but there were long queues.

Canadian immigration officer asked basic questions regarding my profession, quarantine details e.g. address, how many people are staying there. No proof of funds was asked (but it depends upon officer to officer). New CoPR was printed out by the immigration officer as I was travelling using AL with expired CoPR/PRV issued prior to 18th March 2020. AL was checked while boarding and also by immigration officer at Toronto.

Covid negative report was verified while boarding and at Toronto. Mandatory covid test was also done at Toronto (free of cost).

For people travelling or planning to travel in next few days, I asked specially the immigration officer that when hotel quarantine rule will be implemented and he told me that he will be the last person to know about it. :/

Best of luck for your travel and stay hopeful!
super yayyyeeeee
Really great to read this update
Am sure you will get busy with your life there once quarantine is over, but please do stay connected with us here, really appreciate all the prompt responses and updates you constantly post here.
stay blessed and stay happy

Reactions: K&K

Sid1989

Aug 23, 2019
For people landing after Feb 22,
Canada will implement increased restrictions and make hotel quarantine mandatory for air travellers arriving in Canada effective 22nd Feb. The cost will be upwards of $2000 for 3 nights stay includes meals, transportation, security, increased sanitation. Seems you need to reserve, prior to departure to Canada, a 3-night stay in a government-authorized hotel. Travellers will be able to book their government-authorized stay starting February 18, 2021 :/

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
P
Hello Guys,
Need help.
I have AL and I booked the ticket with British airways transiting through London to Toronto this month. Is there any problems will face with airline. Any one landed in Toronto with British airways. Can you please help me on this.
Thank you
Please let me know I plan on using BA