+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Feb 12, 2021
Our COPR was issued prior March 18, 2020 and it expired in May 2020. We filled in the webform around Dec 16, 2020 expressing our intention to travel by March 2021. We sent a reminder email around January 9, 2021. As per the general instructions posted on the IRCC website we must wait for them to call us up. Is there anything we can do to expedite the process.

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi guys,

I was issued my COPR and visa stamp in Sept 2020 with a validity till 30 March 2021. I'm assuming there are many in the same boat as me.

Based on the current travel restrictions I'm not eligible to travel to Canada, as I do not fall under any of the travel exemptions mentioned like in the following
1. I am an Indian passport holder staying in Dubai. So I don't reside in the US.
2. I also do not have any siblings, relatives (near or far), loved ones, etc residing in Canada.
3. My COPR was issued after 18 March 2020.
4. I am a mechanical engineer, and hence do not come under the essential skills category.

I was hopeful that the travel restrictions would be lifted prior to the expiry of my COPR. But based on current events, the travel restrictions do not seem to be going anywhere.
Simultaneously, I had raised several web forms to IRCC prior to November 2020 enquiring about the travel restrictions being lifted, and received nothing but generic answers. As I am slowly approaching the date to the expiry of my COPR while being clueless of the next steps. I am really looking forward to finding some clarity in the forum regarding this issue.

I've been told that one of the steps would be to raise a web form asking for an extension on the COPR. However, it is my understanding that based on new developments, we are not supposed to contact IRCC through the web form. Please refer to the link - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2020-covid-approved-pr-applications.html

I believe this is the link for web form - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/(X(1)S(fzi0dr2y5owqlyzvztbvs3zo))/case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.89663579.1982319276.1412349823&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1&wbdisable=true
For some reason once I hit next on the web form, the page is frozen and doesnt go forward.

If there is another link, kindly post it as a reply. Thanks.
I’m in the same boat as you. My copr issue date is 20th march. So cant do anything now except wait as per ircc instruction - they’ll be reaching out to us instead.

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi guys quick question do airlines accept landing paper as proof of Pr status of immediate family member i landed as Pr 2 weeks ago so I Have not received my Pr card yet my spouse is still outside Canada .....

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
you need to raise a webform and do give a strong justification on why you seek an extension. Whats the validity of your medicals?
I'm post march 18 and I can't travell now because of the restrictions, I don't fall in any exempted category. I'm afraid thatmy copr expire before restrictions are lifted. My copr expires on 10 march2021, my medicals were extended on september 2020 but no idea for how long

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi All,

Finally after 1000 pages of this forum my wife landed today.
Timelines:

VO: Vancouver
COPR expiry: June 07, 2020
7pt mail: Dec 21, 2020
Replied to 7pt: Dec 27, 2020
AL Received: Jan 15, 2021
Counterfoil updated: Jan 29, 2021
No remed requested.
Flew AC on Feb 11th.

Everything was smooth. No questions asked at all, everyone is aware of AL.
Somehow the immigration officer in Toronto was not able to print her new COPR because of some glitch. She has to wait for almost 2 hrs there. It happened with few other people also.

Now she is in quarantine.
I will be partly active on the forum. Tag me or DM me if I miss your question.
Happy to help other people.:)

Thank you everyone for all the support.
Congratulations!!

Reactions: crackMBA

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi All,

Finally after 1000 pages of this forum my wife landed today.
Timelines:

VO: Vancouver
COPR expiry: June 07, 2020
7pt mail: Dec 21, 2020
Replied to 7pt: Dec 27, 2020
AL Received: Jan 15, 2021
Counterfoil updated: Jan 29, 2021
No remed requested.
Flew AC on Feb 11th.

Everything was smooth. No questions asked at all, everyone is aware of AL.
Somehow the immigration officer in Toronto was not able to print her new COPR because of some glitch. She has to wait for almost 2 hrs there. It happened with few other people also.

Now she is in quarantine.
I will be partly active on the forum. Tag me or DM me if I miss your question.
Happy to help other people.:)

Thank you everyone for all the support.
Congrats on the great news @crackMBA !!

Just wanted to ask-

1) What was the process for getting boarding pass and how long did it take?

2) what was the process at indian immigration and how long did it take?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Congrats on the great news @crackMBA !!

Just wanted to ask-

1) What was the process for getting boarding pass and how long did it take?

2) what was the process at indian immigration and how long did it take?
Thanks a lot.

It is same as before, just an extra check on AL and covid negative report.

Same with immigration in India. It took 2 min. The time it usually takes to stamp your passport in India.

Everyone is aware. No questioned asked. Immigration officer in India just checked the AL, Passport, boarding pass and ticket. He said "We are aware of the process"