+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Sshirali

Oct 28, 2018
It was issued before mar 18th. Expired on May 9th. Raised multiple webforms. Visa office New delhi. Received a 4 pointer email in October, responded to that with all my plans. Then a remedical request on Nov 5th, did re-medical on Nov 30th, raised webform with medical information sheet. My medical was uploaded on Dec 3rd. No email or update after that. And there it was, Received AL on email on Jan 20th (and i cried) and the next day my profile was also updated with new counterfoil details. Valid till Dec.2021.. have to fly before Mar 20th.. so i booked my flight for Mar 16th..
Hope it gives u some clarity and you get your extension very soon!!!!:)
Congrats!!! Did u get the email from IRCC which mentions expiry of 1st medical before the email of request of redo medical which u receives on Nov4l?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi all! I landed in Canada today morning.At Vancouver.Here no testing at airport.Immigration was smooth.They know what is Al by now. Just that some officers dont know that they have to issue us new copr.I requested my officer.He got confused .He asked others.After much discussions amongst each other and asking some senior he found my new copr and printed it for me.
Any questions pls ask.They were not very particular aby weight of luggage.I had 5kgs over in most bags.
All the best to all who are still waiting for Al.Your time will come soon too.
Sorry..big mistake...500 gms over 23 kgs...PLEASE TAKE A NOTE...I HAD 23.5 KGS IN ALMOST ALL BAGS.

Samiha patel

Oct 15, 2020
Allhamdulillah,
Finally I got passport request letter
Type of application: Sponsorship - Spouse, common-law partner, dependent children, parents/grand-parents living outside of Canada visa issued Before march 18th.
Expired on 24 may 2020
Raised multiple web forms
Remedical request on 30 October 2020
Remedical approved on 26 November 2020
New passport request letter on 6 February 2021

VPar

Aug 19, 2018
Hi all! I landed on Feb 4th at Toronto.
Covid testing is mandatory at the airport, at the time of check-in they will ask you to register for the same to avoid the wait time.
Immigration was smooth. They ask for AL and I also took a print of my updated counterfoil details.
Keep your covid report handy as it was the most sort after document.
After landing the officer didn't ask for any document other than the CoPR and AL. They will print a new CoPR and stamp the same.
Covid test is the last thing before you will leave the airport.

All the best to all who are still waiting for AL :)

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hey all,

It was a long road, but it did work out and I am here in my destination city in CA.

Expired CoPR, AL and Covid -ve test mandatory. Officer asked basic immigration questions and informed PR card will be delivered to registered address in 2-3 months.

I did not go through the screening at Toronto on 4th Feb as I was headed to another destination.

Now in mandatory quarantine for 14 days.

@whyCorona @crackMBA @13nitinsharma thank you for your continuous support!

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello guys
thank you for the continuous support on the forum

Just got my AL after COPR expiry in April 2020 - I am planning a soft landing around mid Feb for a month..

Just asking what is ur opinion about soft landing nowadays with all what's happening? considering that i will stay in Canada for 1 month though..

Reactions: lnmora

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hello guys

Just got my AL after COPR expiry in April 2020 - I am planning a soft landing around mid Feb for a month..

Just asking what is ur opinion about soft landing nowadays with all what's happening? considering that i will stay in Canada for 1 month though..
This could help you out:

• Can I still do a soft landing? No. You must come to Canada to settle permanently at this time, you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary. Details can be found here.

Source: https://nextstopcanada.ca/alert/

dodge_JJ

Jan 10, 2021
is there anyone here who was approved before 18th mar and recently got a ppr request? could you please share your timelines of stamping and delivery through vfs?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Landed at Toronto today around 5 am! (Air Canada direct flight from New Delhi to Toronto)

Immigrations went smoother on both sides India & Canada but there were long queues.

Canadian immigration officer asked basic questions regarding my profession, quarantine details e.g. address, how many people are staying there. No proof of funds was asked (but it depends upon officer to officer). New CoPR was printed out by the immigration officer as I was travelling using AL with expired CoPR/PRV issued prior to 18th March 2020. AL was checked while boarding and also by immigration officer at Toronto.

Covid negative report was verified while boarding and at Toronto. Mandatory covid test was also done at Toronto (free of cost).

For people travelling or planning to travel in next few days, I asked specially the immigration officer that when hotel quarantine rule will be implemented and he told me that he will be the last person to know about it. :/

Best of luck for your travel and stay hopeful!
Congratulations!!! Finally you reached your destination.
How much it took at Canadian Immigration?

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hey all,

It was a long road, but it did work out and I am here in my destination city in CA.

Expired CoPR, AL and Covid -ve test mandatory. Officer asked basic immigration questions and informed PR card will be delivered to registered address in 2-3 months.

I did not go through the screening at Toronto on 4th Feb as I was headed to another destination.

Congratulations my friend. It's a sign of relief that people are able to land smoothly in Canada now. I have a question though.
Did immigration officer asked for photo to submit for PR card ?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hey all,

Congratulations!!!
Happy to help buddy.

How much time it took you at Canadian Immigration?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hello guys

Seems very risky right now. Not sure how is it going.