+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Any air india fliers recently!!??????? Please share your experience....would really appreciate if you can just say that u were allowed to board with AL :D thanks in advance.

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
It was issued before mar 18th. Expired on May 9th. Raised multiple webforms. Visa office New delhi. Received a 4 pointer email in October, responded to that with all my plans. Then a remedical request on Nov 5th, did re-medical on Nov 30th, raised webform with medical information sheet. My medical was uploaded on Dec 3rd. No email or update after that. And there it was, Received AL on email on Jan 20th (and i cried) and the next day my profile was also updated with new counterfoil details. Valid till Dec.2021.. have to fly before Mar 20th.. so i booked my flight for Mar 16th..
Hope it gives u some clarity and you get your extension very soon!!!!:)
Thanks for the reply.
I received my first copr on 21st of December and valid till 30th of March. I have raised the webforms twice, but I have not got any reply from them yet. I want to know if I can travel with this AL. It's a kind if bit doubtful that they issued us CoPR and PRV just to expire? They are dealing with those whose CoPR has already expired and later they are gonna deal with people like us whose CoPR is about to expire.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Dear All,

For those of you, who’s counterfoils were updated in the account, post a remedical, did you receive any email informing you of the update or you kept checking your account for the update.

Thank you in advance for your help.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Dear All,

For those of you, who’s counterfoils were updated in the account, post a remedical, did you receive any email informing you of the update or you kept checking your account for the update.

Thank you in advance for your help.
I got AL the same day my counterfoils were updated.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Quick question - For those whose counterfoils were updated with a far expiry date (due to re-medicals), can we request them to stamp our passports so that we get several months to travel instead of just two months?

Thank you.

Sshirali

Oct 28, 2018
Hi everyone,
My COPR has expired on july 07, 2020. I got email from IRCC on May 22, 2020 that whenever I am ready to travel, I need to inform them through webform. Now I got an email from IRCC on January 12, 2021 as below---
""Your medical is expiring on Febrauary 28, 2021 and I need to reply the same email till Febrauary 22, 2021 if I m travelling to canada before Feb 28, 2021. This validity maynot be further extended, without redoing immigration medical examination by paying the fees for it. Please note that if new travel documents are issued to you, IRCC will send you a letter that will be valid for up to 60 days (but not exceeding your medical or passport validity), and it may not be possible for IRCC to issue you with another extension"""
I have replied email on 21 Feb that I am not travelling to canada before Feb 28, 2021 due to Covid-19 pandemic. Also asked in the email whether IRCC will notify me for redo medical or I can redo medical without informing IRCC and submitt the reports. I got automated reply for my email that need to fill webform and submitt them. So I have done it.
My question is that
1. whether I need to wait for IRCC's email for redo medical?

2. whether IRCC will extend medical validity after Feb 28, 2021?

3 My pp is getting expire on May 30, 2021. I have renewed it and got renewed (new) PP now. For new visa extension, do I need to send both PP ?
Please reply if anyone is facing the same problem.

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
Hi everyone,
My COPR has expired on july 07, 2020. I got email from IRCC on May 22, 2020 that whenever I am ready to travel, I need to inform them through webform. Now I got an email from IRCC on January 12, 2021 as below---
""Your medical is expiring on Febrauary 28, 2021 and I need to reply the same email till Febrauary 22, 2021 if I m travelling to canada before Feb 28, 2021. This validity maynot be further extended, without redoing immigration medical examination by paying the fees for it. Please note that if new travel documents are issued to you, IRCC will send you a letter that will be valid for up to 60 days (but not exceeding your medical or passport validity), and it may not be possible for IRCC to issue you with another extension"""
I have replied email on 21 Feb that I am not travelling to canada before Feb 28, 2021 due to Covid-19 pandemic. Also asked in the email whether IRCC will notify me for redo medical or I can redo medical without informing IRCC and submitt the reports. I got automated reply for my email that need to fill webform and submitt them. So I have done it.
My question is that
1. whether I need to wait for IRCC's email for redo medical?

2. whether IRCC will extend medical validity after Feb 28, 2021?

3 My pp is getting expire on May 30, 2021. I have renewed it and got renewed (new) PP now. For new visa extension, do I need to send both PP ?
Please reply if anyone is facing the same problem.
What do you mean by PP here. My medical is also expiring on 30th of March.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Landed at Toronto today around 5 am! (Air Canada direct flight from New Delhi to Toronto)

Immigrations went smoother on both sides India & Canada but there were long queues.

Canadian immigration officer asked basic questions regarding my profession, quarantine details e.g. address, how many people are staying there. No proof of funds was asked (but it depends upon officer to officer). New CoPR was printed out by the immigration officer as I was travelling using AL with expired CoPR/PRV issued prior to 18th March 2020. AL was checked while boarding and also by immigration officer at Toronto.

Covid negative report was verified while boarding and at Toronto. Mandatory covid test was also done at Toronto (free of cost).

For people travelling or planning to travel in next few days, I asked specially the immigration officer that when hotel quarantine rule will be implemented and he told me that he will be the last person to know about it. :/

Best of luck for your travel and stay hopeful!

Last edited:

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Congratulations!! May i please know which flight did you take? And also if its a mandate yet for travellers to book the government approved hotels for 3 days? And as u mentioned about luggage, i see the allowed limit for cabin is now 5 kgs, which used to be 15 earlier. Did u go over in cabin bag too??
I have booked air india for 17th March, and hope that they are aware of this expired COPR and valid AL story; as I have not seen anyone travel by air india in this group..
I hv also booked an airbnb for quarantine.. hoping things will get better. I can't face the whole renewal process again (m sure no1 can).

Thanks..
I took Air canada.
Hotel quarantine rule has not been implemented yet.I don't know the date.
My cabin bags were over 9 kgs..They didn't weight.Earlier 7 kg was allowed.Now I don't know.They were having a lot of trouble in fitting cabin baggage in the flight.
Now everyone knows abt AL and Copr.
Don't worry things will be smooth.
All the best.

Reactions: Nikmal

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Landed at Toronto today around 5 am! (Air Canada direct flight from New Delhi to Toronto)

Immigrations went smoother on both sides India as well as Canada but there were long queues.

Canadian immigration officer asked basic questions regarding my profession, quarantine details e.g. address, how many people are staying there. No proof of funds was asked (but it depends upon officer to officer). New CoPR was printed out by the immigration officer as I was travelling using AL with expired CoPR/PRV issued prior to 18th March 2020. AL was checked while boarding and also by immigration officer at Toronto.

Covid negative report was verified while boarding and at Toronto. Mandatory covid test was also done at Toronto (free of cost).

For people travelling or planning to travel in next few days, I asked specially the immigration officer that when hotel quarantine rule will be implemented and he told me that he will be the last person to know about it. :/

Best of luck for your travel and stay hopeful!
Congratulations