+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

VamshiKC

Jan 30, 2021
Hi,
I’ve received my AL yesterday and new COPR details are updated in my account.

I need some inputs on the flights to Toronto. Can we only take Air India flights or are there any other approved carriers operating?

I see that Air Canada is showing tickets for flights operated by Qatar via Doha. Is it okay to book tickets for this route.

Lastly, is Air India offering flexibility to change the reservation date with or without any fee.

Appreciate your inputs

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Or maybe 2000 CAD is for 14 days stay who knows.
Its for those 3 days

- Incoming travellers will need to take COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test upon arrival and will need to stay in a hotel designated by the federal government at their own expense for three days while awaiting test results. Trudeau said the estimated cost of this to travellers is $2,000 Canadian.

- Travellers will then have to wait up to three days at a government-approved hotel for their test results, at their own expense, which Trudeau said is expected to be more than $2,000.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi,
I’ve received my AL yesterday and new COPR details are updated in my account.

I need some inputs on the flights to Toronto. Can we only take Air India flights or are there any other approved carriers operating?

I see that Air Canada is showing tickets for flights operated by Qatar via Doha. Is it okay to book tickets for this route.

Lastly, is Air India offering flexibility to change the reservation date with or without any fee.

Appreciate your inputs
You can book whichever is convenient to you, no approved carriers as such. For Newark ones you'd need a US transit visa

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I’m traveling from India. Was wondering if I can book a flight via Doha on Air Canada website.

@crackMBA @whyCorona any input from you guys?
Give priority to direct flights Air India or Air Canada. If direct flights are not available then go with whichever option suits you well just make sure if you are transiting from different country then check if transit VISA is required or not and also confirm if they accept AL with expired PRV or CoPR (to be on safer side). Avoid booking from third party sites for easy rebooking or flight cancellation policies.

Kay Cee

Apr 20, 2020
Hi fellow members. I need some advice:

I had received the 'Are you able to travel soon' email on January 12th, and had replied back affirming my ability to travel on January 20th with my quarantine plan. Please note that my medical had been automatically extended to February 28th 2021 (my original COPR had expired on May 3rd 2020).

With the new travel restrictions announced yesterday, I am finding myself in a very difficult situation. While I am not expecting a positive response from IRCC before February 28th anyway (based on a few posts that I had read earlier), I am afraid that in the odd chance that I do receive a new COPR/AL in the coming weeks, I will be obliged to travel to Canada with these restrictions (my main concern is the additional $2000 required for the hotel quarantine).

Is it advisable that I reply back to the same email, explaining that this new development has caused me to change my mind about my ability to travel before February 28th? Or will this adversely affect my case?

@whyCorona Your opinion would be highly appreciated.

Reactions: adiljaved88

adiljaved88

Jan 7, 2021

I had received the 'Are you able to travel soon' email on January 12th, and had replied back affirming my ability to travel on January 20th with my quarantine plan. Please note that my medical had been automatically extended to February 28th 2021 (my original COPR had expired on May 3rd 2020).

With the new travel restrictions announced yesterday, I am finding myself in a very difficult situation. While I am not expecting a positive response from IRCC before February 28th anyway (based on a few posts that I had read earlier), I am afraid that in the odd chance that I do receive a new COPR/AL in the coming weeks, I will be obliged to travel to Canada with these restrictions (my main concern is the additional $2000 required for the hotel quarantine).

Is it advisable that I reply back to the same email, explaining that this new development has caused me to change my mind about my ability to travel before February 28th? Or will this adversely affect my case?

Hi there, I want to ask did you raise ready to travel web form or they contacted you on their own? And how can I check the validity of my medical... My COPR has also been expired since July 2020. I was unable to raise ready to travel web form before 23 Dec and now I am just waiting for IRCC to contact us. Thanks

Kay Cee

Apr 20, 2020
Hi there, I want to ask did you raise ready to travel web form or they contacted you on their own? And how can I check the validity of my medical... My COPR has also been expired since July 2020. I was unable to raise ready to travel web form before 23 Dec and now I am just waiting for IRCC to contact us. Thanks
Hi.. I had first raised a webform in September to which I did not get any response, and then another one in the second week of December 2020. I got a reply to the second webform asking me to give my quarantine plan. After I gave them my quarantine plan, the response I got said that I could not be given an extension at the time (this was around 7th January 2021) as I had not provided details of where I would be staying etc. After this, my profile was updated around January 9th - it went from submitted to processing. Three days later (12th January) I received the 'Are you able to travel to Canada soon' email where they mentioned that my medical had been extended.

I would suggest wait and let IRCC get back to you - in one of their responses to me, they have clearly stated that our expired applications are on hold and will not be cancelled or anything like that. They will let you know if your medical has been automatically extended or if you need to do another medical exam. Even I was completely in the dark from May till January 7th, so I understand how it can feel. Best wishes.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020

Dont jump to conclusions yet. Travelling at short notice is not easy. Please read the "Are you able to travel soon" email and verify what is mentioned in email regarding AL? If they issue AL then further issuance will not be possible or something like that?

Generally when AL is issued it is mentioned in it that if you are not able to travel within AL's validity then your application will be left open and actual CoPR and PRV will be issued once you are ready to travel. Usually on remeds after notification from IRCC a new CoPR is updated on GCkey with 1 year's validity (at least in my case ; VO New Delhi).

There are no official dates announced yet for hotel stay rule if I am not wrong. Once they are out then you can act accordingly.

Let the things clear out in coming days.

VamshiKC

Jan 30, 2021
Give priority to direct flights Air India or Air Canada. If direct flights are not available then go with whichever option suits you well just make sure if you are transiting from different country then check if transit VISA is required or not and also confirm if they accept AL with expired PRV or CoPR (to be on safer side). Avoid booking from third party sites for easy rebooking or flight cancellation policies.
Thanks @whyCorona! Apart from copies of AL email and expired COPR, will I be asked for other documents in India while boarding.

Reactions: Kay Cee