+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hey guys i received this today

Its a reply to the ETA webform that I had sent as my counterfoil details got updated with new COPR on jan 7th with an expiry of Feb 27th

the weird part is in the subject they put family reunification, but no where have i ever mentioned family reunification.

is this supposed to be an authorisation letter???
because this doesnt have any expired or new COPR details or any other specifics or any validity dates apart from my passport and UCI details.

has anyone ever received this???

Authorization for Exemption from COVID-19 Canadian Travel Restrictions

Subject: Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Important notice:
To protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions and pre-departure COVID-19 testing requirements are now in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Please consult How COVID-19 is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services for the latest information before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada.

January 26, 2021

Name:

Passport number: *********

UCI: *********

Validity: Single use, three (3) calendar months from issuance date

January 26, 2021

Name:

Passport number:*********

January 26, 2021

Name:

Good day,

Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada has been approved under the Order in Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country other than the United States).

This letter is not a travel document and does not, on its own, authorize you to travel to Canada without a valid passport, visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA) that you will need to travel to Canada. To board your flight and to enter Canada, you must continue to meet all the usual eligibility and admissibility requirements in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

The final decision on admission to Canada is made by border services officers at Canadian ports of entry. In order to be admitted into Canada, and in addition to meeting all the usual entry requirements, foreign nationals must satisfy the examining officer that their entry to Canada is for a non-discretionary rather than a discretionary purpose.

Important: You must bring evidence that you meet the eligibility requirements to travel at this time. You must bring the evidence you provided in your application and this email from IRCC. If you can’t provide this information, you won’t be allowed to board your flight or enter Canada.

This decision has been documented in Canada’s Global Case Management System.

This authorization is valid for single use and to a maximum validity of three (3) calendar months. It is only an assessment that your presence in Canada is for the purpose of reuniting with your immediate family members. To board your flight and to enter Canada, you must meet all admissibility and other requirements, as well as other applicable laws and regulations. You will not be allowed to travel to Canada for reasons of an optional or discretionary nature, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment.

You are responsible for your own travel arrangements and this exemption does not grant you access to repatriation flights facilitated by the Government of Canada.

If you are travelling by air, pre-departure COVID-19 testing requirements are now in place. You need to pass a health check conducted by airlines before you are allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.

Before you can fly to Canada, you need to submit the following information via ArriveCAN:

• contact information
  • travel information
  • quarantine plan(unless you’re exempt)
    • This is a mandatory requirement and shows how you’ll quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how to get to your destination, obtain groceries and access essential medical care. There are serious consequences for not complying with this requirement and if you don’t have a quarantine plan, you should not travel to Canada.
  • COVID-19 symptom self-assessment
You can submit this information by doing one of the following:

ArriveCAN is a secure way for travellers to submit mandatory information required to enter Canada. To avoid hassles at the airport, we encourage you to submit your information via ArriveCAN when booking your flight to Canada.

• Travellers transiting through a Canadian airport are exempt from the ArriveCAN requirement.
  • When you arrive in Canada, a border services officer will assess your health and your quarantine plan before you’ll be allowed to enter the country.

Stay informed. Read the latest travel advice from the Government of Canada on the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and keep checking our website for updates related to COVID-19, including when the travel restrictions will be lifted.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Hi congratulations, this is Al , have done you re medical? If yes when did you done , how many day after you go this Mail plz let me know. I done my re medical for my family on nov 17 th but still no reply. Plz share the information. Thank you

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-increas-travel-restrictions-1.5888231

New travel restrictions to be announced in few days. What they could be? Hotel stay for quarantine or travel restrictions only Canadian travelling abroad for leisure?
They've been threatening this for some weeks now - it's mostly to discourage travel among wealthy Canadians and politicians to make it harder for them to enter the country. They are also working on measures to separate essential travel from non-essential. Not sure what they plan to do - best to stay vigilant and keep plans flexible.

Reactions: crackMBA

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hey guys i received this today

Its a reply to the ETA webform that I had sent as my counterfoil details got updated with new COPR on jan 7th with an expiry of Feb 27th

the weird part is in the subject they put family reunification, but no where have i ever mentioned family reunification.

is this supposed to be an authorisation letter???
because this doesnt have any expired or new COPR details or any other specifics or any validity dates apart from my passport and UCI details.

has anyone ever received this???

Authorization for Exemption from COVID-19 Canadian Travel Restrictions

Subject: Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Important notice:
To protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions and pre-departure COVID-19 testing requirements are now in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Please consult How COVID-19 is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services for the latest information before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada.

January 26, 2021

Name:

January 26, 2021

Name:

Passport number:*********

January 26, 2021

Name:

Good day,

Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada has been approved under the Order in Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country other than the United States).

This letter is not a travel document and does not, on its own, authorize you to travel to Canada without a valid passport, visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA) that you will need to travel to Canada. To board your flight and to enter Canada, you must continue to meet all the usual eligibility and admissibility requirements in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

The final decision on admission to Canada is made by border services officers at Canadian ports of entry. In order to be admitted into Canada, and in addition to meeting all the usual entry requirements, foreign nationals must satisfy the examining officer that their entry to Canada is for a non-discretionary rather than a discretionary purpose.

Important: You must bring evidence that you meet the eligibility requirements to travel at this time. You must bring the evidence you provided in your application and this email from IRCC. If you can’t provide this information, you won’t be allowed to board your flight or enter Canada.

This decision has been documented in Canada’s Global Case Management System.

This authorization is valid for single use and to a maximum validity of three (3) calendar months. It is only an assessment that your presence in Canada is for the purpose of reuniting with your immediate family members. To board your flight and to enter Canada, you must meet all admissibility and other requirements, as well as other applicable laws and regulations. You will not be allowed to travel to Canada for reasons of an optional or discretionary nature, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment.

You are responsible for your own travel arrangements and this exemption does not grant you access to repatriation flights facilitated by the Government of Canada.

If you are travelling by air, pre-departure COVID-19 testing requirements are now in place. You need to pass a health check conducted by airlines before you are allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.

Before you can fly to Canada, you need to submit the following information via ArriveCAN:

• contact information
  • travel information
  • quarantine plan(unless you’re exempt)
    • This is a mandatory requirement and shows how you’ll quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how to get to your destination, obtain groceries and access essential medical care. There are serious consequences for not complying with this requirement and if you don’t have a quarantine plan, you should not travel to Canada.
  • COVID-19 symptom self-assessment
You can submit this information by doing one of the following:

ArriveCAN is a secure way for travellers to submit mandatory information required to enter Canada. To avoid hassles at the airport, we encourage you to submit your information via ArriveCAN when booking your flight to Canada.

• Travellers transiting through a Canadian airport are exempt from the ArriveCAN requirement.
  • When you arrive in Canada, a border services officer will assess your health and your quarantine plan before you’ll be allowed to enter the country.

Stay informed. Read the latest travel advice from the Government of Canada on the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and keep checking our website for updates related to COVID-19, including when the travel restrictions will be lifted.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Are you expired CoPR holder? If yes then this is not the AL which is usually issued to expired CoPR holders. It says you are approved to travel to Canada but your documents should be valid i.e. passport, VISA and all.

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
Are you expired CoPR holder? If yes then this is not the AL which is usually issued to expired CoPR holders. It says you are approved to travel to Canada but your documents should be valid i.e. passport, VISA and all.

yes i am an expired COPR holder issued before March 18th. guess i still have to wait for the AL to come.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
yes i am an expired COPR holder issued before March 18th. guess i still have to wait for the AL to come.
You should reply on the same email for correction and mention about your situation. Make sure to attach all documents or proofs you have submitted earlier regarding your readiness to travel.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hello,

I'll be flying from BLR to Toronto the following weekend.

I am confused about the financial requirements for CBSA clearance.

1. How do I show proof of funds once I land in Canada at Port of entry?

Netbanking, Statement or Letter from the BAnk?

2. Can I withdraw a portion of the funds and exchange them to CAD or do they need the entire amount requirement for 1 person in the bank?

@crackMBA @13nitinsharma @hinavin @whyCorona please help me out with this bit?

Thanks in Advance :)
1. Statement is fine, but no questions are asked regarding proof of funds.

2. You can do any which ways you want. Only keep one thing in mind, don't carry cash above CAD10K or else you need to declare in customs form.

Reactions: kaadman

melanie123

Jan 16, 2014
Hi,

Id appreciate any input on this. My COPR is close to expiring. If I had to re-med , do u think my unaccompanying dependents need to do re-med as well? Also, after re-med, did they request for everybody's passport to get sent back? Thanks

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hello,

I'll be flying from BLR to Toronto the following weekend.

I am confused about the financial requirements for CBSA clearance.

1. How do I show proof of funds once I land in Canada at Port of entry?

Netbanking, Statement or Letter from the BAnk?

2. Can I withdraw a portion of the funds and exchange them to CAD or do they need the entire amount requirement for 1 person in the bank?

@crackMBA @13nitinsharma @hinavin @whyCorona please help me out with this bit?

Thanks in Advance :)
Are they even asking for POFs at the port of entry?
Let me know if they are asking for it.

Thank you

Reactions: kaadman

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-increas-travel-restrictions-1.5888231

New travel restrictions to be announced in few days. What they could be? Hotel stay for quarantine or travel restrictions only Canadian travelling abroad for leisure?
Thank you @whyCorona for reading the article and posting a sensible question on it. I am tired of people just reading the headline and creating panic to already overstressed people.

As far as I see, it would not be a complete travel ban. They may ban for few countries especially with new variant and where people are flying for avoiding sun. They may go for complete ban but that would not be for long.

Govt is tired of requesting people and now they have issued this warning.

Last edited:

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi,

Id appreciate any input on this. My COPR is close to expiring. If I had to re-med , do u think my unaccompanying dependents need to do re-med as well? Also, after re-med, did they request for everybody's passport to get sent back? Thanks
If last medicals done by you and your dependents are more than 1 years old then you would probably get a remed request for you and your dependents. Based on your readiness to travel and IRCC's assessment you could get an AL or PPR request to resubmit your passports.

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Does upfront remedicals expedite the process? Or its better to wait for IRCC to reach out to us?
My COPR expired in June 2020 and at this point I am just waiting to hear from them after raising several webforms and no answer from them.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

DD2020

Apr 11, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Does upfront remedicals expedite the process? Or its better to wait for IRCC to reach out to us?
My COPR expired in June 2020 and at this point I am just waiting to hear from them after raising several webforms and no answer from them.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
From what I have understood, getting remedicals would not increase the chances of getting your file picked. It would only expedite the process by 2-11 days. This is the time which you would otherwise spend on getting your medicals done and the time which IRCC takes to get the results and link it to your application once they ask you to do so.

Happy to hear what others think as I am in the same boat.

Reactions: UsakaurB

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
From what I have understood, getting remedicals would not increase the chances of getting your file picked. It would only expedite the process by 2-11 days. This is the time which you would otherwise spend on getting your medicals done and the time which IRCC takes to get the results and link it to your application once they ask you to do so.

Happy to hear what others think as I am in the same boat.
I guess all we can do is wait.