+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
HI All,
quick question regarding landing - if my flight is via Vancouver to Toronto and I have to do my PR landing in Vancouver, then can I give a Toronto address as permanent address for PR card?
If not, what's the best option?

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
is everyone getting a remedical request for COPR extension? I've read a post here that medicals were extended by a year and also reading others who were required to do remedical. is it based on the officer's discretion (one who handles your file) or something else? could someone please clarify.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
HI All,
quick question regarding landing - if my flight is via Vancouver to Toronto and I have to do my PR landing in Vancouver, then can I give a Toronto address as permanent address for PR card?
If not, what's the best option?
Do you have any address in Vancouver where you can get you PR card delivered?

Last edited:

Jayasheela

Jan 24, 2021
Hello ,

IRCC has asked me to redo my medical exam so they can issue me a new copr and visa (as mine have expired in dec 2020 and i couldn't land before due to the travel restrictions)- i have done that 10 days ago and the clinic has uploaded my results on the system but when i check my application station under the medical section it still says :

Review of medical results
  • We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.
Any idea if this takes time to be updated on the IRCC system? Anyone been in this situation?

Please share if in similar situation.

Thank you and good luck to all!
Hi Alia

When you have completed your medicals , it takes time for IRCC to update the details in your IRCC application , and the doctors will send the medical reports directly to IRCC (Hope you have done your medical with panel physicians itself), once the reports are received then the details will be updated by IRCC .

Jayasheela

Jan 24, 2021
Yes, that's correct, it was hand written though. Happy to take any referrals for photographers. What's really odd is that they rejected the same photos that were previously accepted for a different part of the application process - it really doesn't make any sense.
Hai Nightsun

When you are getting the photograph make sure it should be a white background , make sure the photograph should be from neck to chin, full shoulders should not be visible. Please do find the link below and make sure your photograph looks like the same which is maked in green color , that is the correct dimensions and sample photo.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html

Reactions: SijuJoseph

Jayasheela

Jan 24, 2021
Appreciate if anyone can advise me on the above. Thank you.
Hi Newbie

In your web form for the point which you have updated, kindly give the address of AIRBNb, details on how you are planning to settle once you reach in Canada. Example after your 14days stay in quarantine , how you are planning for a job , have you applied for any jobs from india stating in your resume that you got your PR and ready to travel so that Employers may be interested to hire you.

You need to give a clear picture on how you are planning to live in Canada and search a job in Canada to continue your livelihood in Canada.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Please check with airline staff while getting your boarding passes if your luggage will be checked all the way through to Toronto. It's better to avoid the 2 h stopover. I don't think that you have considered any flight delays and this 2h stopover wont be enough in that case.
@whyCorona and @crackMBA ......
so I checked with the airline and got confirmed the ticket is all the way through to Toronto. But I need to go through immigration at Vancouver which means PR landing is done there.
If that is the case do I end up serving the quarantine obligations in Vancouver. How do i transit? Cant understand.
And if I don't have a Vancouver address for PR card what is my next option?

Anyone else had similar experiences?

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hello,

I'll be flying from BLR to Toronto the following weekend.

I am confused about the financial requirements for CBSA clearance.

1. How do I show proof of funds once I land in Canada at Port of entry?

Netbanking, Statement or Letter from the BAnk?

2. Can I withdraw a portion of the funds and exchange them to CAD or do they need the entire amount requirement for 1 person in the bank?

@crackMBA @13nitinsharma @hinavin @whyCorona please help me out with this bit?

Thanks in Advance :)

Last edited:

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
@whyCorona and @crackMBA ......
so I checked with the airline and got confirmed the ticket is all the way through to Toronto. But I need to go through immigration at Vancouver which means PR landing is done there.
If that is the case do I end up serving the quarantine obligations in Vancouver. How do i transit? Cant understand.
And if I don't have a Vancouver address for PR card what is my next option?

Anyone else had similar experiences?
You can catch a connecting flight after immigrations at Vancouver. No issues. You are not the only one who will be travelling to Toronto via Vancouver.

Give a Canadian address where you want your card to be shipped whether its Vancouver or Toronto. Just to make sure you have a valid reason if Immigration officer questions you.

Best of luck.

Reactions: tomx420

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Hi,
How long is the wait time after redoing the medicals? what should be expected next do they ask to send the passport to add a new visa? My COPR was issued pre March,2020 and expired in July,2020, now i have been asked to redo medicals.
thankyou,

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
Hey guys i received this today

Its a reply to the ETA webform that I had sent as my counterfoil details got updated with new COPR on jan 7th with an expiry of Feb 27th

the weird part is in the subject they put family reunification, but no where have i ever mentioned family reunification.

is this supposed to be an authorisation letter???
because this doesnt have any expired or new COPR details or any other specifics or any validity dates apart from my passport and UCI details.

has anyone ever received this???

Authorization for Exemption from COVID-19 Canadian Travel Restrictions

Subject: Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Important notice:
To protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions and pre-departure COVID-19 testing requirements are now in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Please consult How COVID-19 is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services for the latest information before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada.

January 26, 2021

Name:

Passport number: *********

UCI: *********

Validity: Single use, three (3) calendar months from issuance date

January 26, 2021

Name:

Passport number:*********

January 26, 2021

Name:

Passport number: *********

Good day,

Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada has been approved under the Order in Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country other than the United States).

This letter is not a travel document and does not, on its own, authorize you to travel to Canada without a valid passport, visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA) that you will need to travel to Canada. To board your flight and to enter Canada, you must continue to meet all the usual eligibility and admissibility requirements in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

The final decision on admission to Canada is made by border services officers at Canadian ports of entry. In order to be admitted into Canada, and in addition to meeting all the usual entry requirements, foreign nationals must satisfy the examining officer that their entry to Canada is for a non-discretionary rather than a discretionary purpose.

Important: You must bring evidence that you meet the eligibility requirements to travel at this time. You must bring the evidence you provided in your application and this email from IRCC. If you can’t provide this information, you won’t be allowed to board your flight or enter Canada.

This decision has been documented in Canada’s Global Case Management System.

This authorization is valid for single use and to a maximum validity of three (3) calendar months. It is only an assessment that your presence in Canada is for the purpose of reuniting with your immediate family members. To board your flight and to enter Canada, you must meet all admissibility and other requirements, as well as other applicable laws and regulations. You will not be allowed to travel to Canada for reasons of an optional or discretionary nature, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment.

You are responsible for your own travel arrangements and this exemption does not grant you access to repatriation flights facilitated by the Government of Canada.

If you are travelling by air, pre-departure COVID-19 testing requirements are now in place. You need to pass a health check conducted by airlines before you are allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.

Before you can fly to Canada, you need to submit the following information via ArriveCAN:

• contact information
  • travel information
  • quarantine plan(unless you’re exempt)
    • This is a mandatory requirement and shows how you’ll quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including how to get to your destination, obtain groceries and access essential medical care. There are serious consequences for not complying with this requirement and if you don’t have a quarantine plan, you should not travel to Canada.
  • COVID-19 symptom self-assessment
You can submit this information by doing one of the following:

ArriveCAN is a secure way for travellers to submit mandatory information required to enter Canada. To avoid hassles at the airport, we encourage you to submit your information via ArriveCAN when booking your flight to Canada.

• Travellers transiting through a Canadian airport are exempt from the ArriveCAN requirement.
  • When you arrive in Canada, a border services officer will assess your health and your quarantine plan before you’ll be allowed to enter the country.

Stay informed. Read the latest travel advice from the Government of Canada on the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and keep checking our website for updates related to COVID-19, including when the travel restrictions will be lifted.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

chintanapatel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
There is no source for this info, but can be evidently noticed with the trend of applicants receiving re-medicals requests last week.

So, you can say, anybody whose medicals are expired, if you add additional "6 months" to it and if still it doesn't cross today's date, then most likely you'll 100% receive the re-medicals request.

This is what have been noticed, and basis this people have received re-medicals request or will receive it soon.
Hi, Nitin. Please check your inbox.