+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Some people are saying that OHIP is covering everything from day1 but I am not sure, check online. I would suggest to buy an insurance at least for your wife as OHIP does not cover everything such as dental, eye, physio etc. I am not sure how all these may be important during pregnancy.

Do not apply SIN online. It is taking to much time. Go to service Canada after your quarantine is done. They will give you in 10-15 min.
OHIP you get after 3 months after doing your arrival.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hey. Thankyou and pardon me for the confusion. I actually meant just "AL" and wrote "new" to draw a differentiation between the expired COPR/visa and the Authorization letter (my bad).
I have booked a ticket with Air india and just checking if anyone here can share their experience with them, carrying expired COPR and Authorisation letter (email)?
No problem.

All the best

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
I do not think the visitor visa will come into play here. This is what IRCC says:

If you are from a visa-required country, a permanent resident visa will automatically be issued in your passport for your travel to Canada.
In both cases, make sure you travel to Canada with your valid passport and your valid Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.

Do you have a PR visa in your passport?
Yes have got immigrant visa stamped as well and valid Copr

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
I noticed a GU last Saturday. Are you FSW outland in Ottawa Office as well?
I dont know my VO anymore, originally Manila VO. Technically Im outland but currently in canada, dependents outside.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Hoping this means some signs of progress! Post Mar 18 expired COPR here so I am really worried with all the patience the IRCC expects from all of us! Will keep you posted if there are any chances post this.
Received copr before March18, expired april. Im hoping this is a good sign, no changes so far in my acct. Will keep you posted too if there is any..

Reactions: Copernicus

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Trust me.. order notes.. it'll take 5 minutes for ur wife to order them for you.. ull know where ur app is what did they do after they got ur web form..
I too ordered the notes on Jan 7 for my husband. still waiting to receive those . I guess they take a month odd so order as soon as you can . Hope we get some clarity there

mabh

Oct 4, 2020
Hi everyone, sharing my timelines to get an AL post expiry and I wish all of us who have been waiting for the same get it soon.

COPR issued - Feb 27
COPR expired - July 28
RTT webforms - Aug, Sep, Oct
Email from CIO that IRCC is working on my extension request - Dec 19
Application moved from 'Approved' to 'Submitted' - Jan 5
Re-medical request - Jan 12
Medical done - Jan 14
Medical passed in GC - Jan 24
New counterfoils updated in GC - Jan 25, new counterfoil valid till Jan 2022
AL received in email - Jan 25 around 9 PM IST, valid till Mar 24 2022

Thank you to everyone here for supporting each other in this long journey.

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi all, I need an urgent help.
Me and my family have not yet received any remedical request. Planning to do proactively. But incase after doing the remedical if I get a request with a new IMM number, is there any chance that I can update with the new IMM number? Can anyone please help me out.

dodge_JJ

Jan 10, 2021
Hi
Something strange just happened with my account i called ircc for resending the AL, my application has moved back to submitted and the new COPRs have disappeared. Any idea why?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi
Something strange just happened with my account i called ircc for resending the AL, my application has moved back to submitted and the new COPRs have disappeared. Any idea why?
Remeds request maybe. Not sure if they gonna issue AL for such a short notice of 1 month. Hang tight!