+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Thanks for the answer.
But what do you mean by "how casual" and "doing good "? Sorry I don’t understand.

And what’s an authorization letter for? If my COPR and entry PRV hasn’t expected, do I still need it even if the travel restriction is lifted?

Really hope it to be lifted soon!
Dear happy go lucky,

Information you requested is on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

The official page changes from time to time.

Further, please go through last 20 pages of this thread and I am sure your queries would be answered.

lechatchar

Jun 23, 2020
Dear happy go lucky,

Information you requested is on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

The official page changes from time to time.

Further, please go through last 20 pages of this thread and I am sure your queries would be answered.
Thank you :)

I think I get it. ( it was too early for me when I read and replied last message).
Also I'd read about the "exemptions" to travel restrictions on IRCC website before, because I'm no part of it so I didn't go further. For what I went through it now, I guess I don't need an authorization letter since I'm still not any part of the exemptions, nor am I a pre-March 18, 2020 CoPR holder.
Thx again.

Let's just hope the restriction to be lifted soon.
And most importantly, the pandemic will be over soon.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
hello folks. Anyone heard about any recent deportation made at YYZ (Toronto person airport) ? Specifically an immigrant category?

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
1. This facility is closed right now.
2. You can apply online but it takes more time. Better to wait for 14 days, boom an appoint with service Canada the day you are out of quarantine and get the SIN. It is a 10-15 min process.
3. You need Sin for bank account.
4. This I have heard from people. If you have no permanent address, officer gives you a form. You need to fill it and submit it online to get your PR Card.
Thanks @crackMBA and @Armank90!

If I cant get the SIN at the airport, will I be able to apply online? Here - https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html
How can I get the OHIP card without any delays (I have a pregnant wife and keen to get medical care)?

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hey guys,

Paris VO here. Pre March 18 CoPR.

Sent RTT webform on Nov. 23. Still havent got any news from IRCC. I am losing hope. I quit my job to prove my intent to settle and now I'm in limbo.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hey guys,

Paris VO here. Pre March 18 CoPR.

Sent RTT webform on Nov. 23. Still havent got any news from IRCC. I am losing hope. I quit my job to prove my intent to settle and now I'm in limbo.
Never lose hope!

Onwards and upwards buddy

Send a web form a month.. you could always try visiting states and going to Canadian border but I would recommend getting a job in Your current location than going to Canada via USA

Reactions: BillyWescott

Azoua

May 28, 2020
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
5th march 2020
Med's Done....
22feb2020
Dear All,

I received my CoPR on 21stOct 2020 and it is valid till 21st Feb.
As the restrictions have been extended, I am thinking of requesting an extension of my CoPR.
My local VO is Abu Dhabi.
Should I write them directly or should I raise a webform through my GC account?
Usually how long does it take to receive the new CoPR ?

Thanks

Reactions: Tahhi

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Dear All,

I received my CoPR on 21stOct 2020 and it is valid till 21st Feb.
As the restrictions have been extended, I am thinking of requesting an extension of my CoPR.
My local VO is Abu Dhabi.
Should I write them directly or should I raise a webform through my GC account?
Usually how long does it take to receive the new CoPR ?

Thanks
I would recommend you don’t ask for the extension of COPR.if you can travel before 21st feb.Do it because many people like me are waiting for the extension of COPR For more than 6 months.We have raised Web forms multiple times.Now,ircc has stopped accepting WEB FORMS for the extension of COPR or RTT.