+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
Quick update for all those folks who got a new counterfoil updated on 7th January 2021 and the same is valid till 27 February 2021:

I just had a word with the IRCC call center agent and she said after looking at my GC key account details that AL is ready to be mailed and any time soon I will be receiving the AL over the email or in the GC key account.

Also, in case if I haven't received the AL by next week then I should contact IRCC so that they can issue me an AL on priority basis.

Hope this helps :)
Hi was it only for 7th Jan guys or 6th Jan also?

drhills

Jan 8, 2021
I was able to get through today and spoke to an agent about my situation. She checked my account and informed me that it indicates that I have received AL. I informed her that I have not received the document and told her that I was actually refused boarding by the airline. Furthermore, I told her that my country is planning to lockdown again next week and I really want to travel as soon as possible. She was empathetic to my situation and assured me that she was going to write an urgent email to VO Ottawa who issued the AL to inform them that I didn't receive it. She promised me that I will get a response within 24 hours.... Fingers crossed

Expired COPR

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
L
I was able to get through today and spoke to an agent about my situation. She checked my account and informed me that it indicates that I have received AL. I informed her that I have not received the document and told her that I was actually refused boarding by the airline. Furthermore, I told her that my country is planning to lockdown again next week and I really want to travel as soon as possible. She was empathetic to my situation and assured me that she was going to write an urgent email to VO Ottawa who issued the AL to inform them that I didn't receive it. She promised me that I will get a response within 24 hours.... Fingers crossed
Hoping for the best.

Vivek1717

Jun 24, 2020
My story for informing/keeping the hopes up for others as that what's the comments here have done for me.
  • April 2020: Copr Expired
  • 17th Dec 2020: Ready to Travel webform
  • 25th Dec 2020: 7 pointer email with medicals extended to April 2021
  • 10th Jan 2021: GC update with new counterfoil valid till April 2021
  • 13th Jan 2021: AL received. Valid to travel before 13th March.
Not sure what my VO is.
Hi ,
Just a question, Could you tell me what you mentioned to the question - 'What is the approximate date/week on which you (and your accompanying family members, if applicable) want to travel to Canada?' . I have just received the email and was wondering of what an ideal photo is?

Regards,
Vivek

Hand

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
I got 4 pointer mail in sep and replied very next day. Didn't get any reply till date.anyone in same boat??

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
I don't have any concrete answer to this, but if your VO is Ottawa then this might apply to you as well. Otherwise you call IRCC and ask about your AL status!
I called up twice and I was told to just wait for them to re-issue the AL. Will try again and see if there is a different response

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020

pororo

Jul 2, 2019
Quite frankly, it is not as simple as you're making it out to be. People who got their COPRs re-approved and got their passports re-stamped, and have NO Authorisation Letter, are NOT "exempt". It is completely the airlines' discretion whether to consider the old expired document. I'm paraphrasing my consultant, who works at one of the largest Canadian immigration consultancy firms in North India: "IRCC has no idea what they are doing. There are internal conflicts within their departments, and no coordination whatsoever between teams."

You say that why is Canada issuing people COPRs - "to keep them in lockers?". Well, why was IRCC issuing COPRs after March 18th at all, when the lockdown was announced? They continued to accept passports and issue stamps until 23rd March. There are approximately 2000-3000 people like me who got their COPRs between March 18th and March 23rd. So why were we issued PRVs? Why are new COPRs being issued today, with an accompanying note clearly telling the beneficiary "YOU CANNOT TRAVEL".
IRCC's actions are nothing short of scandalous here. They are toying with people's lives, denigrating them everyday, and there is no accountability.
To add further, it seems even the "exemptions" are not being implemented as per the rule. I have seen multiple posts in whatsapp groups wherein people with Post-March 18 approved and valid COPR, were able to travel without any questions asked. People with valid COPRs (approved post March 18) are just taking a chance/gamble and traveling without issues, rather than let the COPR expire.

This is creating even more confusion, should one follow the instructions or not? LOL