+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Can't do anything right now. I raised 3 webforms in Nov, Dec and Jan and haven't recieved a single reply. Looks like they've stopped replying to webforms. When I called them, they said my file is with NDVO and they can't give me more info.

No other option other than waiting till they reach our case. They seem to be prioritising family reunification and family applicants over single ones. Thinking of applying for GCMS notes.

Trying my best to stay positive and not lose hope.
Not sure I am family class and they just said file is in NDVO and we don’t need any more details as of now . We just received 4 pointer email and after that nothing not even remed req no updates. I don’t think they are making any priorities like that as we do have single applicants in the forum who received AL. It’s just ircc’s clumsiness.

TechyVishal

Dec 22, 2019
Quick update for all those folks who got a new counterfoil updated on 7th January 2021 and the same is valid till 27 February 2021:

I just had a word with the IRCC call center agent and she said after looking at my GC key account details that AL is ready to be mailed and any time soon I will be receiving the AL over the email or in the GC key account.

Also, in case if I haven't received the AL by next week then I should contact IRCC so that they can issue me an AL on priority basis.

Hope this helps :)

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Not sure I am family class and they just said file is in NDVO and we don’t need any more details as of now . We just received 4 pointer email and after that nothing not even remed req no updates. I don’t think they are making any priorities like that as we do have single applicants in the forum who received AL. It’s just ircc’s clumsiness.
Exactly. I am trying to reunite with family since May. Never got 4 pointer or anything. My application is in CPC-Ottawa, and they said we cannot prioritize or expedite anything.

Reactions: Fmegha86

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Can't do anything right now. I raised 3 webforms in Nov, Dec and Jan and haven't recieved a single reply. Looks like they've stopped replying to webforms. When I called them, they said my file is with NDVO and they can't give me more info.

No other option other than waiting till they reach our case. They seem to be prioritising family reunification and family applicants over single ones. Thinking of applying for GCMS notes.

Trying my best to stay positive and not lose hope.
Hi I am in the same boat . I have raised 3 or 4 webforms but only got general answers. I also think they are keeping single applicants as last priority.

Omd19

Jan 14, 2021
Out of curiosity, what is the situation for people who receive their COPR soon? Do they just pray that travel restrictions open?
What if they don't?

Reactions: A7xforever

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Dear @crackMBA ,

Thank you for the response, I remember that you were the 1st one to reply for my previous posting as well. Sorry for the late response, I wasn't in a position to access the forum. So far I haven't received any mail, if I have to move then I'm planning to move with my family and I shall return back to UAE and leave after a year or two. Recently one of my colleague did the same. He spent his 14 days mandatory quarantine post which he was there in Toronto for 10 days to get the bank account, phone etc set on his name and returned back to UAE. There were no questions asked in the border during his exit.
Yes, you can do that. Make sure you have PR Cad delivery address sorted. Also make sure you complete at least 2 years to get your PR Card renewed. If you are not ready to travel, you can extend your plan to a certain extend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vimalan

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Out of curiosity, what is the situation for people who receive their COPR soon? Do they just pray that travel restrictions open?
What if they don't?
I listen to MLTR - Someday and think about Canada.

The chorus goes like this
Someday, someway
Together we will be, baby
I will take and you will take your time
We'll wait for our fate

Now to your answer your second question

Kidding.. the vaccine 's out.. they'll be lifted in a few months..

Sammie001

Jan 13, 2021
Has anybody submitted a webform in recent times and got like the usual confirmation/ do not reply email confirming the web form was received? I raised a webform responding to COPR renewal info request (email from CPC-CTD-Ottawa) on December 23 but I've not received the usual response to webform and I've also been calling IRCC and was told the response has not been entered.

I guess the holiday break may have caused lots of backlog but it's been over 2 weeks and I'm thinking of submitting another webform

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello everyone

luckily I have received " are you ready to travel email " to be issued an AL

They are asking about the quarantine plan , would you please tell me what should my plan include ? and should I include any bookings in my reply ? provided that i don't have a fixed travel date yet.

Btw, my copr expired back in April actually , I am one of the older ones :D

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hello everyone

They are asking about the quarantine plan , would you please tell me what should my plan include ? and should I include any bookings in my reply ? provided that i don't have a fixed travel date yet.

Is it a 7pt email?
Give an approximate date, may be like 15-20 days from now.
Just write that you will an airbnb/hotel once AL is received.

This is what I did. I think they specify that they dont want any bookings.

Reactions: Renalpe and JOW

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hello everyone

Good, so I think they'll email to all expired CoPR issued before March 18 who haven't landed. That`s what it says here :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved