+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
That is personal choice and it is beneficial when airline is offering a reasonable amount in changing the booking date. Otherwise one should wait for AL. For a person travelling with family this move could be risky.

If someone clearly knows what is the reason for IRCC to update CoPR without issuing AL then that could be helpful. Are people gonna receive AL shower after 21st Jan?
You're right. It's a dicey choice if travelling witj family. And It's hard to say what they are planning.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
@whyCorona what date of expiry ddid you get on your AL? did they give you full 60 days? have you booked your tickets?
I have received AL for full 2 months and my new CoPR is valid for 1 year after doing remeds. Yes I have booked my tickets and reused my previous Air Canada flight credits from May 2020 when I was not able to travel due to international flight ban.

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
Ha

Had a detailed discussion with Etihad airways and they said they don't have this update from IRCC. We must have an authorization letter to present at check in counter otherwise we can't board the plane.

ok but are they allowing people with expired COPR and an AL to board? no issues with that na. which city will you be flying from?

Dhafernoori

Jan 10, 2021
Quick question, when people mention expired COPR, you mean expired visa too, right?
I am asking because I still haven't received my passport or COPR yet and kind of curious. Or does this issue only concern people accepted before 18 march 2020?

Reactions: crackMBA

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Ha

Had a detailed discussion with Etihad airways and they said they don't have this update from IRCC. We must have an authorization letter to present at check in counter otherwise we can't board the plane.
Even if we have new counterfoil on our passport? I have asked through message on Twitter to High Commission of Canada in India if we can and they said yes.

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
You are eligible for Ontario healthcare after you register. Then you will be given a paper document that is valid until your health card arrives (3-4 weeks since registering). But there is a catch: to register you will need a proof of address in Ontario (utility bill, bank statement, etc.) and they are very strict about that - many rejected applications. Driver license is also accepted and this may be the easiest path. During your quarantine study Ontario road rules. After quarantine you can immediately go to any of the test centers (they are still open, no appointment necessary, just walk in) and take the knowledge test on a computer. If you pass, after 10 days you will receive your driver license document and it can be used to apply for the health coverage. They will put any address you give them on the driver license, even a hotel address - they do not check.

If you decide to go with a bank statement, you will be waiting 5-6 weeks till your first bank statement arrives (credit card delivery letter is not a valid proof of address). Hope this helps!
Ok, thanks! I will try both. May be I can open a bank account online or something that way I don't waste 14 quarantine days

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Quick question, when people mention expired COPR, you mean expired visa too, right?
I am asking because I still haven't received my passport or COPR yet and kind of curious. Or does this issue only concern people accepted before 18 march 2020?
If you're expired CoPR approved prior to March 18, 2020 and you've valid CoPR now; you can travel to Canada. This has been confirmed by High Commission of Canada in India in a message to me on Twitter.

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
If you're expired CoPR approved prior to March 18, 2020 and you've valid CoPR now; you can travel to Canada. This has been confirmed by High Commission of Canada in India in a message to me on Twitter.
I do not understand why this question of "Can anybody travel with new Visa stamping and CoPR issued" for CoPR holders approved before Mar 18 2020 keeps popping up again and again!!!!!

IRCC is issuing new CoPRs/VISA to the expired CoPR holders after waiting for almost 8+ long months for what? to keep them in a locker!!!!!

People with New VISA/CoPR does not fall under AL criteria at all!!

To all my fellow applicants with approved CoPRs before Mar 18, who later got new CoPRs and VISA stampings,,,,carry both old ones and the new ones during your travel to Canada,,,,,any sane person would understand by looking at the documents that you are clearly exempted,,,,,,Happy Journey!!!

Last edited:

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Hello Guys,

I am somehow not updated with latest situations and I want to clear things up with your clarification. My situation is as below :

PPR 02/11/2020
CoPR 23/11/2020
CoPR expiry 17/03/2021

I can't travel because of the restrictions, and I have doubts I can do before Mach 17th.

Is there anything I should do right now? or I have to wait for the travel restrictions to be removed? I am afraid IRRC would remove the travel restrictions few days before my COPR expiry date and I will have few days to prepare and travel! Should I contact IRRC and ask for COPR extension?

Thanks.

Reactions: Dell2018 and Wotsit