+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
e

even for transit we need to quarantine?
no the lady on the phone said athey wont giv u a direct boarding pass to toronto with a stop over at dubai. she said we wud have to book a ticket to dubai do quarentine and then book another ticket to toronto from there so basically it makes no sense.

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018
I raised webforms to NDVO and Central team yesterday regarding AL. Got below response from NDVO. I dont understand what they are saying

Dear client

Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that your enquiry has been received by the Migration Section, Client Service Unit, in India.

Find out if you are exempt from Canada’s COVID-related travel restrictions by clicking on the following link: Travel exemption and entry requirements. For more information on quarantine, face coverings or to interact with a COVID-19 virtual assistant: Safe travel

Obtaining authorization to travel does not exempt you from the requirement to have a valid passport and visa. If you are from a visa exempt country, you will require an eTA. The final determination to allow a traveller to board an aircraft is made by the airline, often in consultation with the Canada Border Services Agency. Everyone is subject to examination when entering Canada and a traveller may be denied entry if they are not exempt from the travel restrictions or if they do not meet requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Online Temporary Resident applications will not be prioritized unless you contact IRCC at IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to indicate how you meet the exemption criteria, and in most cases why you are travelling for a non-discretionary/non-optional purpose, and provide acceptable documentation.

You will find useful information pertaining to your enquiry by ctrl/clicking on the links below.

If you have general questions, or have a technical problem with your application, click on: Help Centre

Please continue to follow us on social media for regular updates. Click on our Twitter/Facebook/YouTube links below.

Migration Section, High Commission of Canada | Section de migration, Haut-commissariat du Canada

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021, India

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I raised webforms to NDVO and Central team yesterday regarding AL. Got below response from NDVO. I dont understand what they are saying

Dear client

Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that your enquiry has been received by the Migration Section, Client Service Unit, in India.

Find out if you are exempt from Canada’s COVID-related travel restrictions by clicking on the following link: Travel exemption and entry requirements. For more information on quarantine, face coverings or to interact with a COVID-19 virtual assistant: Safe travel

Obtaining authorization to travel does not exempt you from the requirement to have a valid passport and visa. If you are from a visa exempt country, you will require an eTA. The final determination to allow a traveller to board an aircraft is made by the airline, often in consultation with the Canada Border Services Agency. Everyone is subject to examination when entering Canada and a traveller may be denied entry if they are not exempt from the travel restrictions or if they do not meet requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Online Temporary Resident applications will not be prioritized unless you contact IRCC at IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to indicate how you meet the exemption criteria, and in most cases why you are travelling for a non-discretionary/non-optional purpose, and provide acceptable documentation.

You will find useful information pertaining to your enquiry by ctrl/clicking on the links below.

If you have general questions, or have a technical problem with your application, click on: Help Centre

Please continue to follow us on social media for regular updates. Click on our Twitter/Facebook/YouTube links below.

Migration Section, High Commission of Canada | Section de migration, Haut-commissariat du Canada

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

Even I received this reply on Dec 23 after raising a webform for Ready to travel on Dec 22. They said I will get a response within 5 business days. But till date I haven't received anything.

Reactions: BillyWescott

paddypsinghal

Dec 4, 2018

Dear client

Need Help?

can someone check with AC and AirIndia if they will allow us to board with re-issued COPR valid till 27Feb'21 (GCKey printout).

TechyVishal

Dec 22, 2019
No update whatsoever. Met a guy on facebook today and he told me his profile was updated with the new counterfoil on December 22nd and he hasn't received the AL yet. His expiry is also Feb 27.
Cool, I've also seen one post on the FB that someone called the IRCC and the agent told him that now we should not worry about the AL and can carry the print out of the updated GC key to board the direct flight to Canada.

Don't know whether airlines will allow boarding without AL or not specially Air Canada. Let's see what happens in next few days!

Reactions: tusa47

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
can someone check with AC and AirIndia if they will allow us to board with re-issued COPR valid till 27Feb'21 (GCKey printout).
You need AL to travel.

If IRCC wants you to travel with your CoPR only then they would have provided you the instructions. Not sure why there is so much confusion regarding this?

This is my thought -> There could be chance of getting a short term AL i.e. for 15 days as 27th Feb is a month away. So you better be prepared to travel with such a short notice if situation demands.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
You need AL to travel.

If IRCC wants you to travel with your CoPR only then they would have provided you the instructions. Not sure why there is so much confusion regarding this?

This is my thought -> There could be chance of getting a short term AL i.e. for 15 days as 27th Feb is a month away. So you better be prepared to travel with such a short notice if situation demands.
I guess its best to book a flight proactively, since anyway our COPR expiration is Feb 27.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I guess its best to book a flight proactively, since anyway our COPR expiration is Feb 27.
That is personal choice and it is beneficial when airline is offering a reasonable amount in changing the booking date. Otherwise one should wait for AL. For a person travelling with family this move could be risky.

If someone clearly knows what is the reason for IRCC to update CoPR without issuing AL then that could be helpful. Are people gonna receive AL shower after 21st Jan?

Expired COPR

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Ha
Cool, I've also seen one post on the FB that someone called the IRCC and the agent told him that now we should not worry about the AL and can carry the print out of the updated GC key to board the direct flight to Canada.

Don't know whether airlines will allow boarding without AL or not specially Air Canada. Let's see what happens in next few days!
Had a detailed discussion with Etihad airways and they said they don't have this update from IRCC. We must have an authorization letter to present at check in counter otherwise we can't board the plane.

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
You need AL to travel.

@whyCorona what date of expiry ddid you get on your AL? did they give you full 60 days? have you booked your tickets?

Reactions: BillyWescott