+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Dhafernoori

Jan 10, 2021
Hi everyone، dumb question.

If someone receives a PPR letter and submits the passport. Is the immigrant visa already ready and only needs to be stamped? Or are there other procedures taken place at the IRCC office?

Or am I just being over anxious?

Jagruthi_p

Jan 13, 2021
The time bar has disappeared from my online account. Anyone else experienced this change?
This happened to me as well today.. time bar and the line
“Your application taking us longer than usual to process “ has disappeared!
My timeline:
Copr expired : 13/05/2020
Re medicals request : 18/12/2020
Re med done : 19/12/2020
Re med updated : 23/12/2020
Waiting for AL

Last edited:
Reactions: w_P

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
This happened to me as well today.. time bar and the line
“Your application taking us longer than usual to process “ has disappeared!
My timeline:
Copr expired : 13/05/2020
Re medicals request : 18/12/2020
Re med done : 19/12/2020
Re med updated : 23/12/2020
No update till now !!
Waiting for AL
It is global thing i guess as timebar has disappeared from my profile too. I have already received the AL and new CoPR in last week of December.

One should not pay attention to these artificial changes and look for ghost updates i.e. when Application status changes to "Application/profile is updated" and once you visit your profile it is reverted back to previous status of "In progress" or "Approved or whatever it is. Ghost update is a sign that someone is working on your application.

Disappearing of timeline and cycling of latest update are not conclusive.

Last edited:

KSAimmCan

Oct 6, 2020
Category........
FSW
My representative mentioned that "they cannot guarantee that your COPR will be extended past the validity of your current medicals. This will be at their discretion." I haven't replied back yet. In their email, it does mention to only reply back if your are for sure able/willing to travel with in the next 60 days, which makes me believe that it will be extended at a later time and re-medicals will have to be done, which I am fine with.

Would be interesting to see if someone else that didn't reply to the ready to travel email has received any communication after that.
When you say your representative, do you mean like a consultant?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi everyone، dumb question.

If someone receives a PPR letter and submits the passport. Is the immigrant visa already ready and only needs to be stamped? Or are there other procedures taken place at the IRCC office?

Or am I just being over anxious?
Overanxious is an understatement :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

But I can totally relate to you.. spent an hour today going through screenshots I took after submitting documents..

Be calm.. u have submitted your passport.. u r nearly there

Reactions: Dhafernoori

w_P

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
It is global thing i guess as timebar has disappeared from my profile too. I have already received the AL and new CoPR in last week of December.

One should not pay attention to these artificial changes and look for ghost updates i.e. when Application status changes to "Application/profile is updated" and once you visit your profile it is reverted back to previous status of "In progress" or "Approved or whatever it is. Ghost update is a sign that someone is working on your application.

Disappearing of timeline and cycling of latest update are not conclusive.
Yes, I completely agree with you.

Let's wait and see whether we receive any update soon from IRCC.

Reactions: sumitkamboj88