+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
They have access to the aforementioned document but whether they actually compare the two is another matter. You can add information as nowhere does the instruction state you have to share the same letter when you receive ITA. However, don't add anything contradictory. For instance, don't add different dates or salary and etc. Stay true to your original reference letter.
Don't you mean "stay true" instead of "stay true to your original reference letter" :p

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Thank you for your answer.
I don't mind to quarantine again in Winnipeg upon my arrival. The point is that, for very personal reasons, I would like to stay in Toronto for a couple of weeks after the quarantine and then proceed to W.
Does it say on the Quarantine Act that one should do their mandatory quarantine in the final destination?!
You have to go through the rules. I am not too sure sure about it. They are not encouraging hoping because they do not want people to halt at multiple locations and increase the chances of infection.
If it is mentioned in your COPR/application that your final destination is Winnipeg, immigration officer may question you.
Please check at your end.

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
What is the best way to connect. I tried many time but could not.
At what time did you call and what options did you select to connect to an agent?
I usually call them around 9:00 PM IST.

After long IVRS Blah blah,,,you will listen "Press 1" then you directly press "7" and after 2-3 seconds press "0" which will transfer your call to the Customer Executive!!

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

After long IVRS Blah blah,,,you will listen "Press 1" then you directly press "7" and after 2-3 seconds press "0" which will transfer your call to the Customer Executive!!
How options for u and me are different?When she says if ur affected by recent coronavirus situation press 8 now....then blah blah...health and safety is our priority...then if u want to talk to an agent press 0
Right?

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
How options for u and me are different?When she says if ur affected by recent coronavirus situation press 8 now....then blah blah...health and safety is our priority...then if u want to talk to an agent press 0
Right?
Haha,,,,there is so much Blah Blah in IRCC IVRS and one day I dozed off by the time it reached 3rd option,,,,I gave the phone to my wife and asked her to note which options can connect us with an IRCC agent and that's how we figured it out,,,,Options does not matter because at the end of the day all the agents will ask for our Application/UCI number, ask some security questions and give us a status update looking at our profile,,,,they cannot do nothing more nothing less!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020

Can u please share the complete phone number with code to call from India

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
Can u please share the complete phone number with code to call from India
+1(888) 242-2100

You cannot call to the above number using Indian Number,,,,you need to get a Canadian number using some apps like TextNow with Ontario area codes preferably!!!

Its hard to get Numbers with Canadian area codes,,,,be persistent and keep trying!!!

Ann Mendez

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
+1(888) 242-2100

You cannot call to the above number using Indian Number,,,,you need to get a Canadian number using some apps like TextNow with Ontario area codes preferably!!!

Its hard to get Numbers with Canadian area codes,,,,be persistent and keep trying!!!
Thank you so much

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Not sure what you mean by border control. When you arrive in Canada, it is Canadian Border Service Agency that will review your documents and people who are exempt from travel restrictions will be allowed, especially if you have a COPR. If your COPR is expired, you can ask the officer to print a new one for you, which you will need for your SIN number and other documents after you are admitted.

If you have an expired COPR, your country of residence, if it has exit control, can stop you from boarding.
Shall we request the same officer to print new copr who is gonna check our documents?Are they doing it for everyone or only for those who ask?

nrthstr1202

Jan 9, 2021
Hello all,

I've been a silent reader on the forums and wanted to know if it is possible for IRCC to issue a new AL with an extended validity? After remeds, CoPR & PRV's validity had been extended until Nov 2021.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Any expired CoPR with new CoPR faced any denial while boarding from New Delhi?

shrutiY

Jul 10, 2016
I think I saw one of your posts earlier and u r not an expired copr case.. this thread is filled with people whose copr has expired and that's what they would assume when they respond.. also, as most of our applications were processed in 2019 or beginning 2020, the information we share would be outdated.

Please try posting in AOR or ROH (ray of hope) threads..

To answer your question, yes you can get upfront medicals done before submitting documents after ITA.. this information was correct in August 2019 and has not been reviewed since :)
I received COPR before March 18th and expired in August 24, 2020. I have joined the forum as it says COPR and Coronavirus. My medicals are extended by CIC until Jan 22 2021, raised webforms and waiting for AL, the only reason i posted remeds is to confirm that many are being issued with new AL once after submitting remeds, in my case spoke with CIC agent they asked me to wait until they issue letter for remeds.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
I received COPR before March 18th and expired in August 24, 2020. I have joined the forum as it says COPR and Coronavirus. My medicals are extended by CIC until Jan 22 2021, raised webforms and waiting for AL, the only reason i posted remeds is to confirm that many are being issued with new AL once after submitting remeds, in my case spoke with CIC agent they asked me to wait until they issue letter for remeds.
Oh.. there was someone with student visa who posted here and I thought you were that someone..

Anyways, those who got their remeds can guide you better but I see no point of Clinics stopping you from getting upfront medicals done..