Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Friends, If I want to request for any information on the COPR using the webform, then which option to choose.
Would it be Permanent residence- applied online?
Specifically, I am contemplating requesting for an extension on the validity of my COPR.
Anyone who sent such a request earlier could also please advise.

Thanks a lot in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What! How will border control process an expired COPR? Won't they deny entry?
Not sure what you mean by border control. When you arrive in Canada, it is Canadian Border Service Agency that will review your documents and people who are exempt from travel restrictions will be allowed, especially if you have a COPR. If your COPR is expired, you can ask the officer to print a new one for you, which you will need for your SIN number and other documents after you are admitted.

If you have an expired COPR, your country of residence, if it has exit control, can stop you from boarding.

Compos Sui

Aug 11, 2020
I don't think so. You need to check with Immigration. Also, when you will come to Winnipeg you need to quarantine for 14 days as per current rules.
Thank you for your answer.
I don't mind to quarantine again in Winnipeg upon my arrival. The point is that, for very personal reasons, I would like to stay in Toronto for a couple of weeks after the quarantine and then proceed to W.
Does it say on the Quarantine Act that one should do their mandatory quarantine in the final destination?!

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Thank you for your answer.
I don't mind to quarantine again in Winnipeg upon my arrival. The point is that, for very personal reasons, I would like to stay in Toronto for a couple of weeks after the quarantine and then proceed to W.
Does it say on the Quarantine Act that one should do their mandatory quarantine in the final destination?!
You should proceed to your final destination and quarantine then and there. You cannot take a break halfway. Moreover, you have to prove that you intend to travel to your intended province by showing flight tickets, and so forth (even before covid). Otherwise, you will be denied entry. I'm not sure about the quarantine act but my advice is not to play the 'I know my rights' card. Don't take the chance and just go straight to your final destination. whatever important reason you might have can wait; don't risk it.

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

Compos Sui

Aug 11, 2020
You should proceed to your final destination and quarantine then and there. You cannot take a break halfway. Moreover, you have to prove that you intend to travel to your intended province by showing flight tickets, and so forth (even before covid). Otherwise, you will be denied entry. I'm not sure about the quarantine act but my advice is not to play the 'I know my rights' card. Don't take the chance and just go straight to your final destination. whatever important reason you might have can wait; don't risk it.
Oh I will proceed to my final destination, alright. No problem there. I am a PNP and I have been working there for the last 7 years, so my house, my job and my stuff is there.
But because Covid complicated my application (and literally thousands of others) I decided to leave Canada and wait with my dependents in my country for my process to be finalized.
2 days ago I received a 4pt email and one of the questions I need to answer is about a quarantine plan, hence my request for help on this forum.
If I was playing the "I know my rights" card, I would not be here asking for clarification on my question. Don't you think?!
But thank you for the time you spent reading my enquiry and thank you also for your answer.
Cheers!

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hello everyone, can we do upfront re-meds without CIC asking?
I think I saw one of your posts earlier and u r not an expired copr case.. this thread is filled with people whose copr has expired and that's what they would assume when they respond.. also, as most of our applications were processed in 2019 or beginning 2020, the information we share would be outdated.

Please try posting in AOR or ROH (ray of hope) threads..

To answer your question, yes you can get upfront medicals done before submitting documents after ITA.. this information was correct in August 2019 and has not been reviewed since :)

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
Hi does anyone know Whether IRCC compares submitted reference letters with those on which provincial nomination was acquired by the applicant?
Bcz I want to add some information

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi does anyone know Whether IRCC compares submitted reference letters with those on which provincial nomination was acquired by the applicant?
Disclaimer: Follow my advice at your own risk

I don't know but I think additional info won't hurt

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
They have access to the aforementioned document but whether they actually compare the two is another matter. You can add information as nowhere does the instruction state you have to share the same letter when you receive ITA. However, don't add anything contradictory. For instance, don't add different dates or salary and etc. Stay true to your original reference letter.

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
I have additional salary info which was issued to after getting pnp
Ok, that would not cause any problem. You can upload the same letter as well. I didn't acquire a new reference letter after ITA and uploaded the same I sent to the province. Everything went smoothly (except the covid and the delay it caused) and received PPR.

Last edited:
Reactions: rkant.rs

JS2101

Oct 30, 2018
Friends, If I want to request for any information on the COPR using the webform, then which option to choose.
Would it be Permanent residence- applied online?
Specifically, I am contemplating requesting for an extension on the validity of my COPR.
Anyone who sent such a request earlier could also please advise.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Hi. Yes, you should select "PR online" option. I have sent two requests for extension since mid. Dec. and I am desperately waiting for some response, nothing yet. All the best to you and if you get any response, please let me know.

Reactions: Titanium

JS2101

Oct 30, 2018
[Sorry if this was already discussed, I couldn't find something relevant recently]

I received my COPR in June 2020 and was hoping for the Covid-19 situation to get better so I can move to Canada soon. While my COPR expires in March 2021, I do not feel safe traveling internationally yet. There is also state of emergency declared now where I live. I had applied for an extension in Dec. mid. and another one by the end of Dec. I have too little time to turn my life around, in case I have no choice, and have not received any reply from IRCC. Is there anyone with the same situation who can offer some advise or suggestions?
Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Titanium