+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi@legalfalcon / @crackMBA,

I have a doubt regarding the process.
a. I heard that applicants in Canada are receiving a letter from IRCC, asking for a photograph for a PR Card. For example, one of my friends who is single received the letter and applied for a PR card.
b. Applicants outside Canada (with valid/ expired CoPR) are receiving AL for travel to settle permanently in Canada.

IRCC mentioned that all the family members in an application have to land once.

My questions:
i. In my case (such as many), I am in Canada and my spouse in India. So, will I receive a letter for the PR card and my spouse receives AL simultaneously (or within a few days, anything)?
ii. After I receive the letter and my wife receives AL. Can I land in Canada, or do I have to wait for my spouse to land?

Best regards,
Krishna
Your question is a bit confusing. I believe you are mixing 2 things. There is no such way of receiving the request of new pic and AL for dependent simultaneously. If your pic is more than 6months old, they ask for new photo.

Are you approved or still under process?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Valid q..as it has happened in past.And as it wud be too close to flight departure..we wud be left with very little time to redo the test .But I think if we tell them the purpose that we are just doing it as a mandatory procedure and we don't have any health issue, I don't think they will give false report intentionally.
RT-PCR is the most accurate test accepted all over the world. It hardly(negligible chances) gives you false positive(be it any lab). The test that gives "FALSE NEGATIVE" is anti-gen. As far as I know no test gives you "FALSE POSITIVE" in India.

Reactions: AHP

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
SRL is taking 48 hours to deliver the results and the airline needs the test validity of 72 hours. Know of any labs that deliver results faster than that?
That's strange.. SRL told me 18 on the phone a couple of weeks ago..

Try lal path labs..

Or established hospitals or hospital chains like Apollo..

Reactions: Froshy

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
The more important question is which lab provides accurate and reliable reports for RT PCR tests? What if someone gets a false positive report?
That sure is a possibility.. If they find out what you are getting this test done for then anything can happen.. People are resorting to any and all methods to extort money..

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
That sure is a possibility.. If they find out what you are getting this test done for then anything can happen.. People are resorting to any and all methods to extort money..
Just go for any renowned lab and see it is ICMR approved. No one takes more than 48 hrs (that is the max). Usually it is 24 hrs. Everything will be fine. Trust the PCR test.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi All, Can anyone help with which insurance I should take for the initial 3 months

Should I take Travel Insurance or any other insurance.
Buy Travel Insurance Policy for first 3 months. This includes benefits such as Emergency Medical Expenses, Medical Evacuation, Accidental Death coverage, Loss of Baggage & Personal Documents, Loss of Checked Baggage and other benefits.

Reactions: pankajpreetsingh

IgboQueenBee

Oct 18, 2020
@legalfalcon Any thoughts on this link from IRCC? https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions

It appears to be a new webpage (1st Jan 2021). The 'Find out if you can travel' section is a 4-question questionnaire you fill out. My answers were:
1. Foreign national
2. No covid symptoms
3. Not coming from the US
4. Approved PR not yet in Canada

Outcome: "Based on your answers, you may be allowed; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry. You must be coming to Canada to settle permanently."

Does this mean that AL might no longer be required? If you have a valid COPR and are allowed on board a flight, is it wise to just take the chance? Perhaps ALs are for those with COPR expired due to no fault of theirs.

Thank you so much for your response in advance. Xx

Reactions: ussyberry

IgboQueenBee

Oct 18, 2020
Hello everybody. Im new in this topic.
Recently I have spoken with 2 ircc agents and I was told that traveling with copr issued after March 2020 is possible and that I just need to send them webform saying I am ready to travel followed by my quarantine plan.
It is weird because the website says otherwise.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Hi kdr91

I know people who were not exempt (no family in Canada, not in essential work) but landed successfully and being allowed entry, as long as they had valid COPR and quarantine plan. Do you have any updates on this? Did the IRCC agents you spoke with say you have to wait for AL after sending a webform? Or is simply sending a webform enough, even if you don't get a reply? Thanks

Reactions: kdr91

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hi kdr91

I know people who were not exempt (no family in Canada, not in essential work) but landed successfully and being allowed entry, as long as they had valid COPR and quarantine plan. Do you have any updates on this? Did the IRCC agents you spoke with say you have to wait for AL after sending a webform? Or is simply sending a webform enough, even if you don't get a reply? Thanks
Hey buddy! I hope you're ok
In fact, I haven't received my passport yet. It's been full 1 month now and there has been no update since. Just to clarify, does AL stand for approved landing? I think Im not the only confused here.
Im not sure what to do once I receive the passport because I might have around one month before my COPR expires (end of Feb). Provided that IRCC is sluggish with their responses, I will basically have my COPR expired before I can even act on it.
Anyway, I am ready to travel. I can provide whatever they want me to.
It's just still the same... time and patience. In my case it has reached over 2 years.
All the best ✌

Krish_JK

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-10-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Your question is a bit confusing. I believe you are mixing 2 things. There is no such way of receiving the request of new pic and AL for dependent simultaneously. If your pic is more than 6months old, they ask for new photo.

Are you approved or still under process?
Sorry for the confusion,

I am Krishna residing in Canada. My wife is residing in India, never came to Canada earlier.

Part-1
Our express entry application was approved in March 2020 before the lockdown, and my wife (residing in India) received CoPR and PRV but could not travel due to restrictions. As my wife and myself are on the same application, I cannot receive PR unless my wife lands in Canada. In mid-December 2020, IRCC requested medical re-assessment (for my wife) and sent a 7-point email. My wife's medical passed on Dec 23, 2020. So, we are expecting AL.

Part-2
Two of my friends (who are single and) reside in Canada received a letter from IRCC to submit a photograph for a PR card (instead of conventional PPR - CoPR & PRV issue - PR landing - PR Card). It seems like the new process for the past few months for applicants who are residing in Canada.

My questions (a is related to Part 1 & b. is related to Part 2):
@crackMBA & @legalfalcon
a. As my wife's CoPR expired in May 2020 due to COVID restrictions. We are waiting for AL. Is the IRCC requesting PPR again or just issuing AL in this case?
b. As my wife and I are waiting to hear from IRCC for my wife's AL. I believe I will receive the letter from IRCC to submit the photograph for the PR card directly without PPR and CoPR process for me. Am I right?
c. IRCC is expecting the family members on the PR application to land together. Have you heard or seen any case where the applicant is in Canada, and the spouse is outside Canada - Spouse is exempted from travelling for PR landing? Can the applicant land in Canada while the spouse can land later but within the allowed time frame later? Or Should I, the applicant, has to travel to India or someplace and come back with my wife to land together?

Thank you for your patience,
Krishna