COPR and coronavirus

Rajdeep kaur 92

Dec 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
Is any one tell me how I can check my application status. Because I am approved permanent residence of Canada my application approved in December 2019. And copr issued in January 2020. Now recently I updated my medical through web form.still waiting for reply.

nedaa

Oct 20, 2018
hi everyone! Here is my timeline, and I have a question if someone can help me with this please:
AOR: 4 Feb 2020, Medical Passed: 14 Feb 2020, PPR: 28 Nov, COR: Iran, OINP outland . I sent my passport but haven't received it yet. My IRCC account shows counterfoil valid till 27 Oct 2021, however, my medical shows I passed 14 Feb 2020. What has happened? Is my COPR and medical valid till Oct 2021 and I can travel until then if there are no travel restrictions? or do I need any re-medical?!

Ruchitak

Dec 25, 2018
My timelines regarding AL in case it is helpful to someone:

VO : NDVO

2nd Oct 2020: 4 pointer email received from IRCC
6th Oct 2020: Responded to 4 pointer email with readiness to travel

Follow up email and webform raised after 1 month of no response from IRCC

2nd Dec 2020: Regret email for remeds is received

5th Dec 2020: Remeds done

7th Dec 2020: Webforms raised to Central Control Office (Generic one) and NDVO with remeds sheet

One more webform raised to NDVO [I raised it after I did not get a satisfactory answer for webform raised on 7th Dec 2020]

23rd Dec 2020: GC key updated with new CoPR, valid upto 1 year from the date of remeds

24th Dec 2020: AL received with the validity of 2 months

Also it is mentioned in AL email that if I cant travel within the validity of AL then my application will remain open and CoPR and PRV will be issued once I will be ready to travel again.
I do not understand. If your new CoPR is valid till Dec 2021, why do you need the AL? Is it because the CoPR is issued after March 18,2020. Also, what happens if you dont travel within the AL validity. Again, will there be uncertainty over when the AL will be re-issued and with how many days validity?

Reactions: nedaa

TTGT

Dec 26, 2020
hey guys, this is such a great forum. I've been trying to follow to understand the documents required to travel to Canada at this time.

We were approved before 18 March 2020.
COPR visas expired in July 2020
COPR visas were extended on 17 Dec 2020 to May 2021

I also noticed people have been getting their AL about 24 hrs after the counterfoils were updated in their account. However, I haven't received the AL or ETA to date. Does this come in our account or as an email?

Do I need the AL to travel or are the new COPR counterfoils sufficient now?

tagging @whyCorona @13nitinsharma as you guys seem to understand and be very up to date with requirements. I appreciate any insight.

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
hey guys, this is such a great forum. I've been trying to follow to understand the documents required to travel to Canada at this time.

I also noticed people have been getting their AL about 24 hrs after the counterfoils were updated in their account. However, I haven't received the AL or ETA to date. Does this come in our account or as an email?

tagging @whyCorona @13nitinsharma as you guys seem to understand and be very up to date with requirements. I appreciate any insight.
Hello,

In the same situation, counterfoils updated on 15-Dec

I'd say via email for your 1st question.

Unfortunately the answer to your 2nd question would be NO, we can't travel by just showing updated counterfoil numbers in our account.

We need to have either AL or New physical copies of CoPR & Visa.

Hopefully we get some correspondence from IRCC in the coming week!

Fingers Crossed!

Last edited:

TTGT

Dec 26, 2020
@Penumetcha, thanks for your response! Feels good to have some company, lol

Who do I email?

Hello,

In the same situation, counterfoils updated on 15-Dec

I'd say via email for your 1st question.

Unfortunately the answer to your 2nd question would be NO, we can't travel by just showing updated counterfoil numbers in our account.

We need to have either AL or New physical copies of CoPR & Visa.

Hopefully we get some correspondence from IRCC in the coming week!

Fingers Crossed!

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
@Penumetcha, thanks for your response! Feels good to have some company, lol

Who do I email?
I mean we will get it via Email not in the account.

No need to worry because there are quite a few applicants in this forum who are in the same situation!

We are all in this together!

Reactions: TTGT

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020

You need both AL over email and new CoPR issued online for travelling.

Please raise a webform for not receiving AL!

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I do not understand. If your new CoPR is valid till Dec 2021, why do you need the AL? Is it because the CoPR is issued after March 18,2020. Also, what happens if you dont travel within the AL validity. Again, will there be uncertainty over when the AL will be re-issued and with how many days validity?
I had shared my readiness to travel previously therefore I got AL. Later my meds got expired, therefore, I had to redo the meds. So I got CoPR of 1 year validity aligned with validity of my new meds.

As per AL email, if I don't travel within the AL's validity then I need to let them know and they will re-stamp my passport with VISA(PRV) and issue actual COPR with photograph.

Last edited:

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi
How did you get the extension? Did ask for an extension after you receive your COPR?
I got my COPR in Oct which will be expiring n February 2021. I asked for an extension and they asked me to send my Passports back. I still didn’t get the passports back and waiting for it. Did you also go through the same procedure?
thanks.
Hi, Did you receive your passports back with the new counterfoil?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Dear All,
Am a bit confused. If you could please clarify.

Are current COPR holders permitted to travel or not?
Can they go for the pr process and return or are they to take approvals for travelling?

I understand that those whos COPR expired are receiving the AL to travel.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Dear All,
Am a bit confused. If you could please clarify.

Are current COPR holders permitted to travel or not?
Can they go for the pr process and return or are they to take approvals for travelling?

I understand that those whos COPR expired are receiving the AL to travel.
No you can travel if you are not in the exempted category.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)

If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, for example, to look for a place to live, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

TTGT

Dec 26, 2020
Oh! gotcha. I thought others who got new counterfoil around 17 Dec also got AL already.

Thank you and @whyCorona so much!

I mean we will get it via Email not in the account.

No need to worry because there are quite a few applicants in this forum who are in the same situation!

We are all in this together!

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
No you can travel if you are not in the exempted category.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)

If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, for example, to look for a place to live, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html
Thank you for that. So it says as follows, plus you cannot just come, for validating the CoPR and leave.

Travellers coming from outside the US who are exempt from the travel restrictions

So what are everyone with a short window period of COPR validity doing? Is everyone in a position to just get up and go resettle?
My COPR validity is coinciding with the medical validity, valid for the next two months. And the medical center here clearly informed that they cannot do a remedical without an official request.

Any suggestions.