+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
My medicals are expired.Aren't inyernational flights cancelled due to the new virus?
You can do the medical anytime. If you can then just do re-medical. Don`t waste extra time for waiting the IRCC medical request letter. Depends where you’ll take a flight from but all flights aren`t cancelled except from UK for certain period.

Finem1

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
hi everyone, i got this email from my vo which is ottawa. even though i didnot actually contact them.please can anyone explain.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR).

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

Specifically, you do not meet the criteria for Expired COPR Travel authorization issuance.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via our webform.

You can find more information on travel restrictions on our website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Ram_0021

Aug 12, 2020
Does you email say that your medical validity has been extended? I received the same email but with med extension.
Hi,

No, in the email IRCC asked me about 7 questions regarding tentative travel dates, plan to quarantine, any direct flights to Canada from my location etc and asked me to reply within 10 days. If I don't reply they would assume I am not travelling within the next 60 days and my application would remain open.

2 days prior to receiving this email I got IMM forms in the GC account asking for remeds to be done within 90 days and my old counterfoil details have been removed and application status shows in progress. I have not received any med extension. My original meds expired in Aug 2020

JNP19

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
hi everyone, i got this email from my vo which is ottawa. even though i didnot actually contact them.please can anyone explain.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR).

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

Specifically, you do not meet the criteria for Expired COPR Travel authorization issuance.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via our webform.

You can find more information on travel restrictions on our website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Can you please give a background of your application

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi,

No, in the email IRCC asked me about 7 questions regarding tentative travel dates, plan to quarantine, any direct flights to Canada from my location etc and asked me to reply within 10 days. If I don't reply they would assume I am not travelling within the next 60 days and my application would remain open.

2 days prior to receiving this email I got IMM forms in the GC account asking for remeds to be done within 90 days and my old counterfoil details have been removed and application status shows in progress. I have not received any med extension. My original meds expired in Aug 2020
This a progress for providing an AL/COPR. Please go ahead with the email and re-med.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi,

Did u in any of your previous webforms answered these questions proactively?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
seems now on IRCC is going to proactively contact expired COPR holders :

We’ll contact you (if we haven’t already) to ask you if you’re able to travel to Canada now, to live and settle here. Once we approve you to come to Canada, we’ll issue you the documents you need to travel.

To avoid delays, we ask that you don’t contact us via our Web form or through the processing office email. If you already contacted us before December 23, 2020, we’ll look into your request

Source :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired