+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

marosa

Oct 9, 2018
Armenia
NOC Code......
Hi guys!

I guess this question has been asked here multiple times, but just not to go through 877 pages, could someone please advise in which cases I can travel to Canada after my COPR has been approved? When I check the gov website I only see general description like “some people are exempt...”, but no exact criteria for these “some people”. I’m a financial auditor, no citizen or PR relatives.

Thanks!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi guys!

I guess this question has been asked here multiple times, but just not to go through 877 pages, could someone please advise in which cases I can travel to Canada after my COPR has been approved? When I check the gov website I only see general description like “some people are exempt...”, but no exact criteria for these “some people”. I’m a financial auditor, no citizen or PR relatives.

Thanks!
Is your COPR still valid and approved before March 18?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
My timelines regarding AL in case it is helpful to someone:

VO : NDVO

2nd Oct 2020: 4 pointer email received from IRCC
6th Oct 2020: Responded to 4 pointer email with readiness to travel

Follow up email and webform raised after 1 month of no response from IRCC

2nd Dec 2020: Regret email for remeds is received

5th Dec 2020: Remeds done

7th Dec 2020: Webforms raised to Central Control Office (Generic one) and NDVO with remeds sheet

One more webform raised to NDVO [I raised it after I did not get a satisfactory answer for webform raised on 7th Dec 2020]

23rd Dec 2020: GC key updated with new CoPR, valid upto 1 year from the date of remeds

24th Dec 2020: AL received with the validity of 2 months

Also it is mentioned in AL email that if I cant travel within the validity of AL then my application will remain open and CoPR and PRV will be issued once I will be ready to travel again.

Froshy

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019

7th Dec 2020: Webforms raised to Central Control Office (Generic one) and NDVO with remeds sheet

One more webform raised to NDVO [I raised it after I did not get a satisfactory answer for webform raised on 7th Dec 2020]

23rd Dec 2020: GC key updated with new CoPR, valid upto 1 year from the date of remeds

Also it is mentioned in AL email that if I cant travel within the validity of AL then my application will remain open and CoPR and PRV will be issued once I will be ready to travel again.
Congratulations!!! Where is the new COPR in your account?

Froshy

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019

I just received my AL as well! Where can I find my new COPR? My consultant only shared a screen grab of my updated account

marosa

Oct 9, 2018
Armenia
NOC Code......
Hmm.. I am not sure about after Mar 18. I am in before Mar 18 category.
Thank you anyways for paying attention. :)

Also not sure if it's important, I received 2 files in my profile: Letter accompanying the Visa - saying my COPR was approved; and "IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR IMMIGRATION TO CANADA" file - where it says I cannot travel to Canada unless I'm exempt from the restrictions. Then when I go to their website I'm not able to find any specific description of who are considered exempts. Like I see those who work in financial industry may be able to enter, but not sure. Also not sure if a valid job offer would change anything...

If anyone has any idea please let me know. :) I don't even know what to wait for or what updates to follow)))