+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Even I received the same.

It say's If your situation has changed, please contact us online. Otherwise, we will contact you with respect to your travel authorization.

So it is for AL I guess, hopefully the respond soon.
Did you receive the email from Centralized Intake Office? If Yes, then your VO is Sydney, NS

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
AL or PPR, one of them for sure.

Should I be responding to the email? and confirm that I am ready to travel or treat the email as a status update and await further instructions from the VO?

As per the last line on the email, my travel situation hasn't changed. Just wanted a little more clarity.

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Done with my re-medical on 18th Nov. Medical status updated in my account on 29th Nov. Still there's no response for AL. Should I raise a webform or wait till the holidays are over?

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Currently in US and I had raised online form sometime in August. Today, I received an email today that my profile was updated. When i Checked, I see Status shows "Your document is valid." and expiry date updated as "2021/03/26"

Any ideas on how it will work now? Will I receive another COPR document via mail/ email?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Done with my re-medical on 18th Nov. Medical status updated in my account on 29th Nov. Still there's no response for AL. Should I raise a webform or wait till the holidays are over?
Raise webform if you have some new information or want to highlight something regarding your travel and settle in Canada. Asking for status will yield you a generic response.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Received an email from CIO at 2am IST.

Content of the email below:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have received your request to travel using your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. IRCC is currently working on your case. You will be receiving further information from us in the coming weeks with regards to the documents you will need to travel.

If your situation has changed, please contact us online. Otherwise, we will contact you with respect to your travel authorization.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

@13nitinsharma should I be expecting an AL soon or PPR request?
Is there anything special happened in your profile such as adding of spouse, some change in address or contact no, principal applicant landed first?

Nawalrahman46

Nov 27, 2019
Anybody in this group currently residing in Hyderabad/Anywhere in India who recently(December 2020) received a Express Entry PPR ?

I'm actually looking for information on how to book appointment and submit my passport to the VFS, given the new guidelines.

I couldn't find details on the VFS website. It mostly talks about Biometric appointments on the website.

akl2312

Dec 19, 2020
Currently in US and I had raised online form sometime in August. Today, I received an email today that my profile was updated. When i Checked, I see Status shows "Your document is valid." and expiry date updated as "2021/03/26"

Any ideas on how it will work now? Will I receive another COPR document via mail/ email?
Same case as you .Currently in US and saw yesterday that my profile was updated and new counterfoil is added with expiry date 2021/06/16 but no AL sent. I am confused how this is going to work now.

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Actually there was no need to wait for 5 days. Webform itself is taking around 3 weeks to get acknowledged.
Agreed. But i just didnt want to leave them with any opportunity to reply with a generic response (just incase i got lucky and they read my webform within a week. :D)

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi guys

aor: 20th March
Biometrics: 9th Oct

still nothing........
I’m dying
You should cheer up as you are not facing the situation that people in this forum are facing since March with expired COPR, without jobs and with one slight of getting a renewal on COPR.
They are in "still nothing......." phase since March.

It will happen just enjoy the present :).

Reactions: Heejin

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi guys

aor: 20th March
Biometrics: 9th Oct

still nothing........
I’m dying
In normal scenarios 20% applications take more than 6 months to process. In CoVID times it can take up to 12 months and more. Just make PR processing the part of life and not the life itself. You are in better place now wrt expired CoPRs who are living in uncertainty.

Last edited: