+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Congratulations to all those who got their ALs and PPRs! Looks like NDVO is finally coming through for all the expired PRV holders.

My visa expired on 5th August 2020. I had received the 4-pt email on 29th Sep'20 and replied to them on 4th Oct'20. But still haven't heard back with next steps. Anyone else from the 4-pt group of 29-sep still waiting for a response?

raaz141083

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Received an email from CIO at 2am IST.

Content of the email below:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have received your request to travel using your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. IRCC is currently working on your case. You will be receiving further information from us in the coming weeks with regards to the documents you will need to travel.

If your situation has changed, please contact us online. Otherwise, we will contact you with respect to your travel authorization.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

@13nitinsharma should I be expecting an AL soon or PPR request?
I received the same email. Although I never raised the ready to travel webform. I wanted to raise it some time in Feb may be by then vaccination will be available.
Wondering should respond saying I never raised the webform and waiting for vaccine before I travel.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Congratulations everyone for PPR! NDVO has finally shown a ray of hope to many people!

@wick_sran
After how many days of submitting Re-medical, your file was put under Submitted status?
My timeline almost parallel to yours. I just couldn't get appointment with hospital and could finish Re-medical on 24th Nov.

All the best for passport submission process! Please keep us posted.
A month.

Reactions: Lee1987

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi all. Firstly, Congratulations to all those who have received their PPR’s. We expired CoPR’s are the strongest for all that we have gone through. I have a small query. My CoPR expired April 21st and have raised 2 webforms only to receive a generic response that my CoPR cannot be extended due to expired Medicals, therefore I need to wait for travel restrictions to lift up. Could anyone please let me know how do I do an upfront re-Meds to save time and also what are the documents that the hospital will require to conduct the re-Meds and upload the results ?? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks is advance
I'd suggest to just get them done and not tell them anything about ur situation..

I did upfront medicals last year.. I was just asked for a copy of.my passport

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
So are people who have not received the 3/4 pointer email from Ottawa VO, doing upfront medicals and getting their profile updated?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hey guys,

I just got a request letter from the CIC stating:

"As you have resided in the USA for 6 months or more, you must provide a scanned copy of an original FBI clearance certificate."

I had already sent the FBI clearance certificate when I had applied back in January 2020 - my AOR is of January 25, 2020. I know that it has been more than 6 months since my AOR, but is it normal to get a request a second time?
Its depends on the officer looking at your profile.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Received an email from CIO at 2am IST.

Content of the email below:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have received your request to travel using your expired Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. IRCC is currently working on your case. You will be receiving further information from us in the coming weeks with regards to the documents you will need to travel.

If your situation has changed, please contact us online. Otherwise, we will contact you with respect to your travel authorization.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

@13nitinsharma should I be expecting an AL soon or PPR request?
AL or PPR, one of them for sure.

shrutigokhale

May 4, 2019
Hey Guys,

I got the email for re-medical. It's just the email no IMM forms, just like everybody else.
I live in Guajrat and I called the only 2 hospitals that to immigration medicals. And they said they can't do it without the IMM forms.
So I was wondering if anyone from Gujarat has done their medical with just the email?
I called KD and Apollo hospitals.
Please let me know if I am missing something here. I was wondering if they do up-front medicals at these hospitals.

Thank you,
Hi , can you please tell how much time slot ircc gave you for remedical. What i mean is do you have to redo it within 30 days or is it lesser this time ?
Please answer, it will be helpful for me.