+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

swack60

May 20, 2019
Hi All..
I have an update on CoPR extension and AL.

I got the email for AL this morning from centralized intake office and my portal has updated with new counterfoil along with the expired one.
Raised multiple webforms over the period of April~July as I had a job offer but all of no use..just had received the generic responses. 4 pointer email was received and replied on July. After that dead silence and I had to let the job offer go :(.

Fast forward to December:
December 8: application was reopened, final approval was removed from the portal.
December 8: Medical passed changed to "you do not need a medical exam", Background check and review of eligibility in progress.
December 18: Got the AL in email, saying using this letter along with expired PRV, CoPR to travel. The portal has updated with medical passed on Dec 18, 2020, new counterfoil and application is moved to approved state.

new CoPR expiration- April 06, 2021; AL is valid till- Feb 16, 2021.

Initial CoPR expired on Apr 24, 2020. Medical was extended automatically to April 07, 2021.

CoPR extension process is just a game of patience at this point. Hope you all shall get it sooner than later.
Thank you all. I believe-- those who are waiting. your CoPR extension is just around the corner.

P.S. I am in US, thinking about soft landing now. I am wondering if anyone has utilized the automatic visa revalidation option for returning to US or can point me to any threads for the same. Also I would love your inputs on whether I should consider applying for SIN during this temporary visit or apply later once move to settle permanently.

ssi1990

Nov 4, 2020
Hi All..

I got the email for AL this morning from centralized intake office and my portal has updated with new counterfoil along with the expired one.
Raised multiple webforms over the period of April~July as I had a job offer but all of no use..just had received the generic responses. 4 pointer email was received and replied on July. After that dead silence and I had to let the job offer go :(.

December 8: application was reopened, final approval was removed from the portal.
December 8: Medical passed changed to "you do not need a medical exam", Background check and review of eligibility in progress.
December 18: Got the AL in email, saying using this letter along with expired PRV, CoPR to travel. The portal has updated with medical passed on Dec 18, 2020, new counterfoil and application is moved to approved state.

Initial CoPR expired on Apr 24, 2020. Medical was extended automatically to April 07, 2021.

CoPR extension process is just a game of patience at this point. Hope you all shall get it sooner than later.
Thank you all. I believe-- those who are waiting. your CoPR extension is just around the corner.

P.S. I am in US, thinking about soft landing now. I am wondering if anyone has utilized the automatic visa revalidation option for returning to US or can point me to any threads for the same. Also I would love your inputs on whether I should consider applying for SIN during this temporary visit or apply later once move to settle permanently.
Congratulations!

Do you know your visa office?

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hi All..

Congratulations!!

My primary VO is Sydney although I received a PNP from AB. My CoPR expired in July 2020 and yesterday when I spoke to an IRCC agent, he confirmed that my documents are linked to my GC profile and inline to be processed for an extension.

Applicants with CIO-Sydney as their VO will hear good news soon in a chronological order of their CoPR expiry.

Good Luck to all!!

Reactions: swack60

swack60

May 20, 2019
Congratulations!!

My primary VO is Sydney although I received a PNP from AB. My CoPR expired in July 2020 and yesterday when I spoke to an IRCC agent, he confirmed that my documents are linked to my GC profile and inline to be processed for an extension.

Applicants with CIO-Sydney as their VO will hear good news soon in a chronological order of their CoPR expiry.

Good Luck to all!!
Thank you!
Yeah, I also believe they’ve started working on it and extensions are on the way.

timuster

Jun 23, 2020
Hey guys,

I just got a request letter from the CIC stating:

"As you have resided in the USA for 6 months or more, you must provide a scanned copy of an original FBI clearance certificate."

I had already sent the FBI clearance certificate when I had applied back in January 2020 - my AOR is of January 25, 2020. I know that it has been more than 6 months since my AOR, but is it normal to get a request a second time?