12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Passport Req..
07/11/2020
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2020
The instructions about travel restrictions exemptions are clear:

• You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

To be eligible, you must meet one of the following requirements:

• You must be travelling directly from the US for a non-discretionary purpose.
  • You must be exempt from the travel restrictions and be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.
Travellers coming from outside the US who are exempt from the travel restrictions
  • temporary foreign workers
  • some international students
  • some people who have been approved to become a permanent resident of Canada, but who are not yet permanent residents
  • immediate family members with written authorization from IRCC to reunite with a temporary resident of Canada (see Uniting with immediate family members for more information)
  • transiting passengers (must remain in the secure transit area of a Canadian airport to complete their connection)
  • members of the Canadian forces, visiting forces coming to perform official duties, Department of National Defence and their immediate family members
  • accredited diplomats and their immediate family members (includes North Atlantic Treaty Organization [NATO], those under the United Nations Headquarters Agreement, other organizations)
  • air and marine crew members
  • French citizens who live in Saint-Pierre and Miquelon and have been in only Canada, the US or Saint-Pierre and Miquelon during the 14 days before the day they seek to enter Canada
  • any person who does not pose a significant harm to public health, in the opinion of the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada, and who will provide an essential service while in Canada
  • any person whose presence in Canada is in the national interest, in the opinion of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship; Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness; or Minister of Foreign Affairs
    • If you fall under this exemption, you don’t have to demonstrate that you’re entering Canada for a non-discretionary reason.
  • any person who is coming at the invitation of the Minister of Health for the purpose of COVID-19 assistance
  • any person whose purpose is to make medical deliveries

If you fall under any one of them, you can travel. Just having a WP or a job offer is not sufficient.
What if we have a job offer and COPR issued after 18th March?

simnay2303

Aug 27, 2020
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Passport Req..
07/11/2020
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2020
As per my understanding we are the same however our jobs fall under exempted category. so we could travel if we have a job offer.
What's your COPR expiry date?

simnay2303

Aug 27, 2020
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Passport Req..
07/11/2020
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2020
august 2021
Mine is 06 Feb 2021. in case it get expire I have to wait here for another 6-8 months. Any possibility to travel before it expire?

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Mine is 06 Feb 2021. in case it get expire I have to wait here for another 6-8 months. Any possibility to travel before it expire?
Other than what is on the news we are with limited info. I have been doing the same to get to land in Canada.
Also to note current travel restrictions in place until Jan 21st and there is chance this could change, however there is no solid proof that will happen either.

simnay2303

Aug 27, 2020
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Passport Req..
07/11/2020
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2020
Other than what is on the news we are with limited info. I have been doing the same to get to land in Canada.
Also to note current travel restrictions in place until Jan 21st and there is chance this could change, however there is no solid proof that will happen either.
I have already booked a ticket for 5th Jan, as I have applied for AL with ticket and quarantine plan but got a generic response. Shall I postpone my ticket for January end or take a chance to travel on 5th with a job offer?

simnay2303

Aug 27, 2020
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Passport Req..
07/11/2020
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2020
Yes,we discussed it before!Tentative date for travel is 7th January!COPR approved after 18th march (not allowed to travel )
Hey, have you got the AL? how are you travelling with a job offer?

Vandana V

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
I believe AL is not required, if skill is essential you are exmpted. There is list available on CIC site for essential services
His duties r under essential category.only fear we have that if he would travel to Canada (risk)and at port of entry his visa would be banned or something would happen like that?

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
I believe AL is not required, if skill is essential you are exmpted. There is list available on CIC site for essential services
that is my understanding as well. however i have my reservations. trying to get hold of more info to travel sometime in jan.

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi Folks,
I raised 4 RTT webforms detailing travel/quarantine plan. This morning I got multiple emails from CIC all asking to check my account & messages in my account. Anyhow I have been asked to redo medicals.
My understanding was we got automatic 6 month extension on medicals; which should be 23-Feb for me.

Why am i asked to redo meds if Im in the grace period? Anyone same issue?
Any idea how long it takes after the meds are completed?

Apart from all the expense on doing these medicals, there aren't even a single appointment available in any of the major capital cities in Australia until March.

shevachuyi

Sep 8, 2020
Hi Folks,
I raised 4 RTT webforms detailing travel/quarantine plan. This morning I got multiple emails from CIC all asking to check my account & messages in my account. Anyhow I have been asked to redo medicals.
My understanding was we got automatic 6 month extension on medicals; which should be 23-Feb for me.

Why am i asked to redo meds if Im in the grace period? Anyone same issue?
Any idea how long it takes after the meds are completed?

Apart from all the expense on doing these medicals, there aren't even a single appointment available in any of the major capital cities in Australia until March.
Mine was automatically extended only 4 months, and I know someones even shorter 3-3.5 months. Ottawa VO. So i don't think 6 months grace period is for everyone.

krissanu

Jul 28, 2019
Hi all ...
Thank you all for the support and guidance and answering any questions that I had raised. We have received the PR cards and this post is to give a final update and timeline with my application and also my dependent’s application.

My application :
COPR - Jan 15 2020
Landing date - June 25 2020
PR card application linked to profile - June 27
SIN Application (online) - July 11
SIN received - July 21
PR card Photos resubmission request - Sept 28
Photos reached Nova Scotia Sydney - Sept 30
Ghost update - October 14th
Approval Email and message on profile - Oct 16th
PR card delivered - Oct 22nd.

Dependent’s application -
COPR - Jan 15 2020
Landing date - June 25 2020
PR card application linked to profile - Sept 1 ( His profile had issues with some information missing and we had to mail and call IRCC to get it corrected so there was a three month delay to get his profile linked )
SIN Application (online) - July 11
SIN received -Sept 24 (His profile had issues with some information missing and we had to mail and call IRCC to get it corrected and only after his profile was linked we were able to get the SIN application sorted)
Ghost update - Oct 27
Approval email and message on application profile - Oct 29
PR CARD delivered - Nov 6

Though we took photos at the same place only my profile was requested photos for the second time and my spouse didn’t get any photo resubmission request.

We got the PR cards and SIN delivered to a friend’s address in Canada and they couriered everything to us via FedEx International Priority and we received everything in two days to USA.
Once again thank you all :) any questions glad to help :)
Were you able to re-submit photos from USA ?