+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
This is what my email said "

"
If you fulfill all the conditions above, please reply to this email with the message below within 10 days and answer the questions below to help us better understand your situation.

Please respond to this email ONLY if you are sure that you could travel to Canada soon.

Please note that if new travel documents are issued to you, IRCC will send you a letter that will be valid for up to 60 days (but not exceeding your medical or passport validity), and it may not be possible for IRCC to issue you with another extension.

IRCC will endeavour to respond to you within four weeks."
Please scroll down and check the sample response they have listed. The sentence I quoted is there.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi all ...
Thank you all for the support and guidance and answering any questions that I had raised. We have received the PR cards and this post is to give a final update and timeline with my application and also my dependent’s application.

My application :
COPR - Jan 15 2020
Landing date - June 25 2020
PR card application linked to profile - June 27
SIN Application (online) - July 11
SIN received - July 21
PR card Photos resubmission request - Sept 28
Photos reached Nova Scotia Sydney - Sept 30
Ghost update - October 14th
Approval Email and message on profile - Oct 16th
PR card delivered - Oct 22nd.

Dependent’s application -
COPR - Jan 15 2020
Landing date - June 25 2020
PR card application linked to profile - Sept 1 ( His profile had issues with some information missing and we had to mail and call IRCC to get it corrected so there was a three month delay to get his profile linked )
SIN Application (online) - July 11
SIN received -Sept 24 (His profile had issues with some information missing and we had to mail and call IRCC to get it corrected and only after his profile was linked we were able to get the SIN application sorted)
Ghost update - Oct 27
Approval email and message on application profile - Oct 29
PR CARD delivered - Nov 6

Though we took photos at the same place only my profile was requested photos for the second time and my spouse didn’t get any photo resubmission request.

We got the PR cards and SIN delivered to a friend’s address in Canada and they couriered everything to us via FedEx International Priority and we received everything in two days to USA.
Once again thank you all :) any questions glad to help :)

Vandana V

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
These are not travel exempted skills and look more like the skills which can operate in Canada during CoVID restrictions.

There is a note in the same link which states that:

Workers performing duties in an essential service or function identified in this document may not be equally exempted from the “Minimizing the Risk of COVID-19 in Canada Orders” which prohibit entry of foreign nationals into Canada or from the 14-day mandatory isolation requirements issued pursuant to the Quarantine Act.

The Orders and associated Group Exemptions are found at the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/corporate/mandate/about-agency/acts-regulations/list-acts-regulations.html
Thank You!
Hey,
When you are planning to travel to canada?you got your COPR after 18th march if i am not wrong?we both have a same situation and discussed it before on thread

Vandana V

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
I have same case, we are planning to travel soon probably this month end or next month. I have validated with two three consultants work permit is not required only letter from employer and my skill should fall under essential skills to be exempted. Even I have validated with @legalfalcon and he has the same opinion.
Hey,
When you are planning to travel to canada?you got your COPR after 18th march if i am not wrong?we both have a same situation and discussed it before on thread

Vandana V

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
I have same case, we are planning to travel soon probably this month end or next month. I have validated with two three consultants work permit is not required only letter from employer and my skill should fall under essential skills to be exempted. Even I have validated with @legalfalcon and he has the same opinion.
@legalfalcon
Hey,
I need to clarify my doubt on behalf of my fiance. He got his COPR on December 8th,ofcourse cannot travel due to restrictions.Moreover he got PPR for his Work permit application on December 11th,went to VFS centre in Dubai but they didn’t accept his passport as he already got his COPR and gave a reason that we cannot give you wp visa as COPR itself says you can work.So its a dilemma that if he would travel and show an email at POE to CBSA officer with a valid job offer letter along with quarantine plan, what percentage of risk he can face at border ??As we decided to get married in February 2021,booked everything in prior(essential or non-essential)please enlighten my doubt!
Thanks in advance.

Vandana V

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Hey,
@Dream
@Dreambig2020
Hey,

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi any one got a update after the new Medical’s . I received a medical request on nov 5 th 2020 and my family done there Medical’s on nov -17th 2020 .but Still no update yet.
Same. I got the email on 5th nov, got it done on Nov 30th. Raised a webform on Dec 8th. Waiting for an update.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hey,
I need to clarify my doubt on behalf of my fiance. He got his COPR on December 8th,ofcourse cannot travel due to restrictions.Moreover he got PPR for his Work permit application on December 11th,went to VFS centre in Dubai but they didn’t accept his passport as he already got his COPR and gave a reason that we cannot give you wp visa as COPR itself says you can work.So its a dilemma that if he would travel and show an email at POE to CBSA officer with a valid job offer letter along with quarantine plan, what percentage of risk he can face at border ??As we decided to get married in February 2021,booked everything in prior(essential or non-essential)please enlighten my doubt!
Thanks in advance.
The instructions about travel restrictions exemptions are clear:

• You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

To be eligible, you must meet one of the following requirements:

• You must be travelling directly from the US for a non-discretionary purpose.
  • You must be exempt from the travel restrictions and be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.
Travellers coming from outside the US who are exempt from the travel restrictions
  • temporary foreign workers
  • some international students
  • some people who have been approved to become a permanent resident of Canada, but who are not yet permanent residents
  • immediate family members with written authorization from IRCC to reunite with a temporary resident of Canada (see Uniting with immediate family members for more information)
  • transiting passengers (must remain in the secure transit area of a Canadian airport to complete their connection)
  • members of the Canadian forces, visiting forces coming to perform official duties, Department of National Defence and their immediate family members
  • accredited diplomats and their immediate family members (includes North Atlantic Treaty Organization [NATO], those under the United Nations Headquarters Agreement, other organizations)
  • air and marine crew members
  • French citizens who live in Saint-Pierre and Miquelon and have been in only Canada, the US or Saint-Pierre and Miquelon during the 14 days before the day they seek to enter Canada
  • any person who does not pose a significant harm to public health, in the opinion of the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada, and who will provide an essential service while in Canada
  • any person whose presence in Canada is in the national interest, in the opinion of the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship; Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness; or Minister of Foreign Affairs
    • If you fall under this exemption, you don’t have to demonstrate that you’re entering Canada for a non-discretionary reason.
  • any person who is coming at the invitation of the Minister of Health for the purpose of COVID-19 assistance
  • any person whose purpose is to make medical deliveries

If you fall under any one of them, you can travel. Just having a WP or a job offer is not sufficient.

Reactions: Dreambig2020