+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

My COPR expired this September, but the AL has been issued for travel till 31 Jan. I have 2 questions:
1. Can I book flights with layover @Frankfurt/London? They are cheaper than direct flights. Do you think immigration authorities in Europe may not understand ALs given that COPR and Visa would be of expired date?
2. My city of destination is Toronto. Can I land in Vancouver instead. I took express entry route for COPR.

Thanks!
But are the not pasting new PVR and providing new COPR, only issuing AL to travel?

canpr2019

Jan 9, 2019
The case everyone is talking about that's 2 years old AOR case. If you review your GCMS notes, criminality checks (registered based on your PCC) are valid for 2 years as a part of the internal check by a case officer.

In his case, the date of criminality check has been expired, and this is one of the exception case who has been asked for new PCC.

You guys should not apply all scenarios to "your" application. Every application is unique and treated accordingly.

Hope this helps.
hi @13nitinsharma ,slightly off topic, can we expect for a request for a re-PCC before the PPR is issued. India PCC was issued on Nov,2019 and still awaiting a final decision from IRCC.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Update received from Ottawa VO!!!
Copr expired Aug 20
Numerous RTT webforms
Dec 1at Received email asking confirmation to travel and med automatically extended to Jan 31 2021
Replied on Dec 2nd
GU and new counterfoil updated on Dec 16

Old Counterfoil still there, showing INVALID
new counterfoil valid till Jan 31 2021
Eligibility and final decision dates changed to Dec 16th

So 2 questions anyone can help to answer:
1 should I expect AL in coming 1-2days?
2 as 'final decision' changed to 'Approved on Dec 16th', Im still exempted to travel rite? !cus my original copr was before Mar18

Have been waiting for this moments for months, seriously didn't expect this to come before Christmas. But now, here it is!!! Guys, hang on a little bit more!!!!
Congratulations, see answers to your queries below:
1. Yes, AL is issued within 24 hours these days.
2. You're exempted from travel as your application was approved before March 18.

kaadman

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
But are the not pasting new PVR and providing new COPR, only issuing AL to travel?
Update received from Ottawa VO!!!
Copr expired Aug 20
Numerous RTT webforms
Dec 1at Received email asking confirmation to travel and med automatically extended to Jan 31 2021
Replied on Dec 2nd
GU and new counterfoil updated on Dec 16

Old Counterfoil still there, showing INVALID
new counterfoil valid till Jan 31 2021
Eligibility and final decision dates changed to Dec 16th

So 2 questions anyone can help to answer:
1 should I expect AL in coming 1-2days?
2 as 'final decision' changed to 'Approved on Dec 16th', Im still exempted to travel rite? !cus my original copr was before Mar18

Have been waiting for this moments for months, seriously didn't expect this to come before Christmas. But now, here it is!!! Guys, hang on a little bit more!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Do you belong to essential services category or any special circumstances?

My CoPR Expired in July and proactively sent all details in August. Still waiting to hear anything from IRCC. @13nitinsharma what do you think is happening? How are they picking cases to process?

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Hi any one got a update after the new Medical’s . I received a medical request on nov 5 th 2020 and my family done there Medical’s on nov -17th 2020 .but Still no update yet.

ibujack

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hey Folks,

Checked my profile just now,

Current status used to be "Submitted" with counterfoil numbers vanished and background check, Final decision in progress, medicals passed on 24-Nov-2020.

Primary VO: CPC-Ottawa

Ghost Update (GU):

Final decision: 15-Dec-2020, Approved.

Counterfoils: I can see both old and new counterfoil details now.

Old ones expired on 07-May-2020
New ones valid up until 18-Nov-2021.

Some of my favorite quotes to lift your spirits:

"WHEN THE WORLD SAYS "GIVE UP", HOPE WHISPERS,
"TRY IT ONE MORE TIME".

SOMETIMES YOU "WIN",
SOMETIMES YOU "LEARN".

Awaiting AL/PPR,,, Will keep you updated,,,
so does this online updated are happened after you received the remedical throught email or even the remedical request received through online? i received yesterday via online account, my status is change from approved to action required.. today i got ghost update as well. remedical for my wife planned this monday. hopefull everything will be smooth and get it approved again within this month.

Penumetcha

Mar 18, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
13-Jun-2019
Passport Req..
5-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2019
so does this online updated are happened after you received the remedical throught email or even the remedical request received through online? i received yesterday via online account, my status is change from approved to action required.. today i got ghost update as well. remedical for my wife planned this monday. hopefull everything will be smooth and get it approved again within this month.
Same like yours (received via online account),,,as far as the time line is concerned my profile status changed from "Approved" to "Action Required" on 09-Nov and changed back to "Approved" on 16-Dec (37 days). Not yet received the AL!

Hope this helps with some timeline analysis,,,

Good luck :)

Reactions: ibujack

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
Please consider to travel.

The mail says "If you answer 'no', it may not be possible to provide you with any options for travel to Canada in the foreseeable future due to the current travel restrictions."
What would be the experts opinion on this kind of an email? Reply to it or not?

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hello everyone,

My COPR expired this September, but the AL has been issued for travel till 31 Jan. I have 2 questions:
1. Can I book flights with layover @Frankfurt/London? They are cheaper than direct flights. Do you think immigration authorities in Europe may not understand ALs given that COPR and Visa would be of expired date?
2. My city of destination is Toronto. Can I land in Vancouver instead. I took express entry route for COPR.

Thanks!
I know people are telling you not to risk layover and I am racking my brain trying to understand what is wrong with having a layover. Your AL/COPR/visa are all legal documents that the airline/immigration/customs have to accept. Yes expired but the AL clarifies things and it is the responsibility of airline/immigration to keep up to date with changes to any immigration rule and even if they need to clarify anything, it's a quick call or a visit to IATA or other relevant website to verify/clarify any information

I live in a country where layover is a MUST. There are no direct flights to Canada so when I am ready to travel, I will be having one or two layovers before arriving Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ans123

shevachuyi

Sep 8, 2020
Congratulations!!!

Do you belong to essential services category or any special circumstances?

My CoPR Expired in July and proactively sent all details in August. Still waiting to hear anything from IRCC. @13nitinsharma what do you think is happening? How are they picking cases to process?
No I don't fall into essential ones. But I do show letter from my employer.