+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

RachandMax

Dec 16, 2020
Hi everybody, I am following this post for a while now. Our CoPR are expired since April 2020.Received before 18th of March. We received a 4pt email on the 1st of December, and replied on the 2nd.They said our medicals got extended until 10th of January 2021...Yesterday we received a message asking to our passport. Without any precision if they need the originals or copy of them. And where to sent... We sent this morning a copy of both passports to the Ambassy of Canada in Paris, where our expired coPR are from. Anyone in the same case ? We hope to received AL on time before the 10th of January.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yes, but I was hoping to find out if someone has done this already?. I am planning for at minimum a month and then return back.

@whyCorona @crackMBA since you guys are probably the ones with more experience and following this thread for a long time now, can you help us out? If you know or have heard that someone did a landing and then came back i.e. to say not moved permanently. Also, is there any regulation wrt PR cards? Is it OK to have a friend courier it to you from Canada or if some one brings it with him? Your help will be highly appreciated.
I have not heard anyone who did the soft landing when IRCC is sending out the emails asking for readiness to travel and settle in Canada. Some people from this thread did it maybe in June/July 2020 and of course they couriered their PR card via Canadian friend or relative.

At this time, moving temporary for the sake of finalizing your application is not recommended. Not sure if IRCC is interrogating about the person before shipping the PR card. People became kinda inactive on this thread after landing to share their post landing experience.

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
I
Hi everybody, I am following this post for a while now. Our CoPR are expired since April 2020.Received before 18th of March. We received a 4pt email on the 1st of December, and replied on the 2nd.They said our medicals got extended until 10th of January 2021...Yesterday we received a message asking to our passport. Without any precision if they need the originals or copy of them. And where to sent... We sent this morning a copy of both passports to the Ambassy of Canada in Paris, where our expired coPR are from. Anyone in the same case ? We hope to received AL on time before the 10th of January.
If u r from India u should contact VAC for 2 way courier service

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
How does one know that the medical extension has been done and for how many months? I see in my GC key account that I passed my medical in July 2019 and my COPR expired in May 2020. I have not seen any update after raising multiple web forms

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Yes, but I was hoping to find out if someone has done this already?. I am planning for at minimum a month and then return back.

@whyCorona @crackMBA since you guys are probably the ones with more experience and following this thread for a long time now, can you help us out? If you know or have heard that someone did a landing and then came back i.e. to say not moved permanently. Also, is there any regulation wrt PR cards? Is it OK to have a friend courier it to you from Canada or if some one brings it with him? Your help will be highly appreciated.
As per the recommendation of IRCC, you should not do soft landing at this time.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

I have not heard anyone doing this but it should not be an issue getting your card couriered to you from Canada. All though not sure about it.
And, if you you really want to just land and stay in India for longer period. You can apply for PRTD also. In case of no emergency to go back.

Adieu88

Dec 16, 2020
Hello everyone,

My COPR expired this September, but the AL has been issued for travel till 31 Jan. I have 2 questions:
1. Can I book flights with layover @Frankfurt/London? They are cheaper than direct flights. Do you think immigration authorities in Europe may not understand ALs given that COPR and Visa would be of expired date?
2. My city of destination is Toronto. Can I land in Vancouver instead. I took express entry route for COPR.

Thanks!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hello everyone,

My COPR expired this September, but the AL has been issued for travel till 31 Jan. I have 2 questions:
1. Can I book flights with layover @Frankfurt/London? They are cheaper than direct flights. Do you think immigration authorities in Europe may not understand ALs given that COPR and Visa would be of expired date?
2. My city of destination is Toronto. Can I land in Vancouver instead. I took express entry route for COPR.

Thanks!
1. Try to fly from Air India or Air Canada. Please do not try to save money at this time. Flying directly to Canada anytime safer.
2. You can land anywhere in Canada. Just make sure you are not taking a long halt in Vancouver. It should be a normal halt till the next flight is scheduled for Toronto. You must have tickets for connection flight to Toronto(if by chance office enquires). Do not go out of Vancouver airport. Canada wants people to go directly to their quarantine place without coming in contact with someone.
As far as I can see, Toronto flights are cheaper than Vancouver.

Hope this helps

Reactions: hinavin

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Hello everyone,

Thanks!
Don't risk layovers and explaining immigration rules to people - remember that this is a bit of a unique situation - just try to go non-stop if possible to TO. Someone working for a European airline may not be familiar with Canada's immigration rules - add to that the complication of you probably being one of the first bunch of people travelling with ALs.

Again, land in TO if possible. When my wife flew there, around 15 ppl missed their connecting flight because of disembarking and immigration delays.

shevachuyi

Sep 8, 2020
Update received from Ottawa VO!!!
Copr expired Aug 20
Numerous RTT webforms
Dec 1at Received email asking confirmation to travel and med automatically extended to Jan 31 2021
Replied on Dec 2nd
GU and new counterfoil updated on Dec 16

Old Counterfoil still there, showing INVALID
new counterfoil valid till Jan 31 2021
Eligibility and final decision dates changed to Dec 16th

So 2 questions anyone can help to answer:
1 should I expect AL in coming 1-2days?
2 as 'final decision' changed to 'Approved on Dec 16th', Im still exempted to travel rite? !cus my original copr was before Mar18

Have been waiting for this moments for months, seriously didn't expect this to come before Christmas. But now, here it is!!! Guys, hang on a little bit more!!!!