+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

aik8*

Jul 9, 2020
Hi Guys, My COPE got expired in March. I have raised 3 RTT webforms, the first one with just the intent then after one week, I raised another one with the 4points, even though I did not receive any 4pointer email and 3rd almost 3 days back asking for an update. Last night I received an email from IRCC asking me if I am able to travel soon before my extended medicals expire in March, and also stated that after the extended medical expires I will have to redo all medical processes, etc, etc. They also said if I am given new travel docs, and they too expire (these will be valid for 60 days or when the medical expires - whichever is first) IRCC won't be handing out any more extensions. Has anyone received such an email?

Also, any case where the guy did a landing and returned in 2 or 3 months? i.e. to say he did not move permanently to Canada?.

Reactions: Kay Cee

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Just a question, when you received re-medical request, did your online account updated from "Approved" to "Action Required" and also the existing counterfail info is no longer displayed?
i just received re-medical request and my entire application status is updated as if when we submit the new one. please check my previosu post i sent couple of minutes back and revert me.
Hey. I recieved the request on email and nothing was updated in my profile. My application status is still approved and has the expired counterfoil details. Medical still shows the older date. I just read in some other post that people who submitted their medicals in Oct/Nov are seeing these updates. So i hope something good is going to happen for you soon.

Reactions: ibujack

simnay2303

Aug 27, 2020
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
Passport Req..
07/11/2020
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2020
I was issued COPR on 26 Nov 2020, valid till 06 Feb 2020. I can't travel right now.
If I get a job offer for essential skills, do I still need AL or I can travel without any restrictions.
Please help! I don't want to expire my visa seeing how everyone with expired COPR are struggling :(
@whyCorona @13nitinsharma can you guys please through some light!! Also does it matter if I have a different experience here and change my stream in canada?

Disguised_Engineer

Feb 16, 2017
Last night I received an email from IRCC asking me if I am able to travel soon before my extended medicals expire in March, and also stated that after the extended medical expires I will have to redo all medical processes, etc, etc. They also said if I am given new travel docs, and they too expire (these will be valid for 60 days or when the medical expires - whichever is first) IRCC won't be handing out any more extensions. Has anyone received such an email?
I received the same e-mail last evening. What happens if we are not ready to travel until March and therefore, we do not respond to that e-mail? As I understand, we can still decide going later but we'll need a new medical examination, is that correct?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
@whyCorona @13nitinsharma can you guys please through some light!! Also does it matter if I have a different experience here and change my stream in canada?
Below is one of exempted category and your job needs to be essential service.
  • any person who does not pose a significant harm to public health, in the opinion of the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada, and who will provide an essential service while in Canada
Adding @Dreambig2020, as he can shed some light on it. I believe he has similar case like yours.

aik8*

Jul 9, 2020
I received the same e-mail last evening. What happens if we are not ready to travel until March and therefore, we do not respond to that e-mail? As I understand, we can still decide going later but we'll need a new medical examination, is that correct?
I suppose yes. But i also heard from a friend in Canada that with new medical and all it can take a loooooong time. 5 or 6 months to issue new docs.

Disguised_Engineer

Feb 16, 2017
I suppose yes. But i also heard from a friend in Canada that with new medical and all it can take a loooooong time. 5 or 6 months to issue new docs.
In that case, it might be better to go and spend 14 days in quarantine, then return back. I wonder if this arrangement would be possible?

pierre2

Apr 21, 2020
Hi,
How long from PPR does it take before IRCC contact you for COPR? They (Dakar VO) received passports since 02 November 2020.
Thanks.

aik8*

Jul 9, 2020
In that case, it might be better to go and spend 14 days in quarantine, then return back. I wonder if this arrangement would be possible?
Yes, but I was hoping to find out if someone has done this already?. I am planning for at minimum a month and then return back.

@whyCorona @crackMBA since you guys are probably the ones with more experience and following this thread for a long time now, can you help us out? If you know or have heard that someone did a landing and then came back i.e. to say not moved permanently. Also, is there any regulation wrt PR cards? Is it OK to have a friend courier it to you from Canada or if some one brings it with him? Your help will be highly appreciated.