+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

shevachuyi

Sep 8, 2020
Hi Sheyachiyi

As we got same emails, so what we should do, what action you are taking.

Please keep in touch and update.

Thanks
I just basically answered Yes in all lines, specified my itinerary andquarantine plan. Hope could receive feedback before Christmas... I really want to go asap cus I have a job offer, have been asked to on board for weeks...

akshaykkp

Apr 29, 2020
was your copr expired in Aug as well?
Yes, indeed. But for my case, I am still thinking if I do not want to travel in this duration what should I do. Shall I mail them or do not respond, then probably after January, raise another RTT webform to travel in April-May? I am totally confused right now.

shevachuyi

Sep 8, 2020
Yes, indeed. But for my case, I am still thinking if I do not want to travel in this duration what should I do. Shall I mail them or do not respond, then probably after January, raise another RTT webform to travel in April-May? I am totally confused right now.
If you are not sure will travel before jan 31 then don't reply cus 1) it said reply only if u confirm to travel before the date 2)if reply to confirm but eventually you don't travel then no additional extension will be given (I was shocked when read this, this means pr will be cancelled rite?!)

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
This one, I have received too. I am bit of stuck what to do now, since I had raised RTT for March and here in India we are still working with official Notice period of 3 months to serve. So that's kind of impossible to travel in such a short duration.
Seems like IRCC is getting pressurized from above.

It says if they issue you the letter probably AL and if you cant make it to Canada using that then they will not issue you another one and/or may close your application.

Option 1) You can reply to the email with your readiness to travel within 31 Jan 2021 and then don't try to make a U turn as you have committed that you are ready to travel in the email response.

Option 2) Do not reply at all and keep waiting for them to contact again. Good luck with the timelines for that!

Choice is yours!

My honest opinion, if 3 months of your notice period is stopping you to travel then it is not worth. You can discuss it with your RM and try to shorten your notice period for sure. Or serve some portion of it remotely from Canada. KT sessions and all.

It's good that IRCC is promising you to reply in 4 weeks if you are ready to travel now.

NM2019

Feb 25, 2019
Hi guys, seems like I finally received the 4-pt letter tho not 4 points actually after sending countless webforms. Can some help to understand how long it took for IRCC to 'process' AL? in the email it said 'we will endeavour to respond within 4 weeks'...... Lol...

My timeline Fyi:
COPR Feb 24
Expired Aug 20
Med expired Sep 30
In this letter, it said Med extended to Jan 31

Below email from IRCC:
Dear client,

Our records at Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) indicate that:

• Your permanent residence application was approved.
  • The date of issue on the confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document that was sent to you (and your family members, if applicable) is on or before March 18, 2020.
  • You (and your family members, if applicable) have not used your CoPR to enter Canada.
  • The validity date on your CoPR (i.e. the date by which you needed to travel to Canada) has passed and your document has therefore expired.
  • Based on your specific case details and as an exceptional response to COVID-19, IRCC was able to extend your medical exam validity; your medicals now expire on January 31, 2021.
IRCC wants to confirm that:
  • You still want to travel to Canada to become a new permanent resident; please note that IRCC is not asking you to purchase a plane ticket.
  • You are ready, willing, and able to travel before the current expiry date of your medical exams, in your case, January 31, 2021. This validity may not be further extended, without you re-doing all immigration medical exam(s) and covering the cost for them.
  • You are ready, willing, and able to travel to Canada on a valid passport by January 31, 2021.
  • There are no COVID-19 restrictions to prevent you from leaving your country.
  • There is a travel route with zero or one transfer that you can use to get to Canada and that is currently operating.
  • Your plan is to stay in Canada permanently.
  • You are able to arrange and cover the costs to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Canada.
If you fulfill all the conditions above, please reply to this email with the message below within 10 days and answer the questions below to help us better understand your situation.

Please respond to this email ONLY if you are sure that you could travel to Canada soon.

Please note that if new travel documents are issued to you, IRCC will send you a letter that will be valid for up to 60 days (but not exceeding your medical or passport validity), and it may not be possible for IRCC to issue you with another extension.

IRCC will endeavour to respond to you within four weeks.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Hi IRCC,
IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

I am confirming that I am ready to travel to Canada with a valid passport before January 31, 2021.

Please find my answers below.

Information About My Application
  • Primary applicant family name(s):
    Answer:
  • Primary applicant given name(s):
    Answer:
  • Application number:
    E………
  • Class of application:
    Skilled Worker – Federal
  • Primary applicant citizenship:
    Answer:
  • Current country of residence:
    Answer:
  • Date your PR visa expired:
    Answer:
  • Full names of family members (including your spouse and dependent children) who are planning to travel to Canada with you:
    Answer:
My Situation
  • Are you (and your family members, if applicable) still interested in immigrating to Canada, even though your PR visas have expired? (If you answer “no”, it may not be possible to provide you with any options for travel to Canada in the foreseeable future due to the current travel restrictions.)
    Answer:
  • What is the approximate date/week on which you (and your accompanying family members, if applicable) want to travel to Canada?
    Answer:
  • What could be your travel itinerary, including any transfers, you would use if IRCC can re-issue documents for you and if you were to purchase plane tickets soon?
    Answer:
  • Are there currently direct flights to Canada from your current location?
    Answer:
  • If there are no direct flights, do you have the necessary visas to transit through other countries?
    Answer:
  • Are there any border restrictions preventing you from leaving the country where you are currently staying?
    Answer:
  • Do you have a plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada? Important: The Government of Canada cannot not make arrangements for, or pay for, quarantine arrangements.
    Answer:
Is there any other information you would like to provide about your/your family’s situation?
Answer:
Hi,
Congratulations on this progress.

May I confirm following:
1. Did you submit all details in your RTT forms like travel, quarantine plan?
2. Did you receive the general email 2 days back "We are still working on your application"?
3. If your CIC account shows new medical expiry date now?
4. If you had received GU on 19 Oct or earlier/later?

I have similar timelines, but haven't yet heard anything from Ottawa VO.

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Buddy, what time in India did you receive yhis email?

Did it mention your details such as uci number/application number etc? Or was it generic?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi,
We received the mail today (COPR expiry : May 1, 4 pointer : Oct 2). However the mail did not specifically mention 'remedical request', instead it mentioned that our medicals have expired and our application will be on hold till the eligibility is met.
@13nitinsharma : Is this the same mail that you have mentioned or is it a mail specifically instructing to do medicals again ? Thanks is advance
That's the same email as you mentioned here. Please proceed with your re-medical and submit it.

shevachuyi

Sep 8, 2020
Seems like IRCC is getting pressurized from above.

It says if they issue you the letter probably AL and if you cant make it to Canada using that then they will not issue you another one and/or may close your application.

Option 1) You can reply to the email with your readiness to travel within 31 Jan 2021 and then don't try to make a U turn as you have committed that you are ready to travel in the email response.

Option 2) Do not reply at all and keep waiting for them to contact again. Good luck with the timelines for that!

Choice is yours!

My honest opinion, if 3 months of your notice period is stopping you to travel then it is not worth. You can discuss it with your RM and try to shorten your notice period for sure. Or serve some portion of it remotely from Canada. KT sessions and all.

It's good that IRCC is promising you to reply in 4 weeks if you are ready to travel now.
wosrt case may be - IRCC don't send AL before Jan 31 which is the date of extended med expiry date, how can I justify my PR status...

shevachuyi

Sep 8, 2020
Hi,
Congratulations on this progress.

May I confirm following:
1. Did you submit all details in your RTT forms like travel, quarantine plan?
2. Did you receive the general email 2 days back "We are still working on your application"?
3. If your CIC account shows new medical expiry date now?
4. If you had received GU on 19 Oct or earlier/later?

I have similar timelines, but haven't yet heard anything from Ottawa VO.
1/yes 2 web forms with details, others are just follow ups requesting for update
2/yes, and I ignored it. don't think it's relevant.
3/no, still the old one Sep30
4/i think so, weeks ago. But I thought it was a glitch.

Just be little more patient, really hope you will receive it. Watched a video of the standing Committee, said IRCC is operating expired coprs, moving from family class to economic case, and by timelines - probably Aug ones are what they are handling now.

NM2019

Feb 25, 2019
1/yes 2 web forms with details, others are just follow ups requesting for update
2/yes, and I ignored it. don't think it's relevant.
3/no, still the old one Sep30
4/i think so, weeks ago. But I thought it was a glitch.

Just be little more patient, really hope you will receive it. Watched a video of the standing Committee, said IRCC is operating expired coprs, moving from family class to economic case, and by timelines - probably Aug ones are what they are handling now.
Agree, thank you so much.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
wosrt case may be - IRCC don't send AL before Jan 31 which is the date of extended med expiry date, how can I justify my PR status...
You did your due diligence and now ball is in their court! Forget about the worst case. :)

Real worst case would be people not replying to this email and then they don't hear from IRCC again for a long time. Later they gonna regret that they should have replied to this email.

Reactions: crackMBA