+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I don't see anything to be worried here at all. But if you will start applying all scenarios on 'your' application, then you'll be worried only.

There is nothing in our hands (except following CIC's next steps), and I will suggest you all to go with the flow. For instance, earlier, there were no communication from IRCC side. Then, gradually, they started sending out 3/4 pointer emails. Then, we noticed ALs too. Now, people have started receiving re-medicals also. Moreover, there is too much noise on social medial platforms also.

Considering all these updates (I know CIC is super slow in handling COPR expired cases), you all should remain positive still. Remember that, CIC is still working on COPR expired cases. We all know they should have dealt with such cases in a better way, there is a lack of process refinement for sure. But, we all should also understand they're not cancelling your COPRs or PR visas, so cheer up!

Look at the positives and be motivated by all these updates. Stay strong!
Not even a single AL or mail by Sydney Vo.What they are upto !God knows.

butterflyins

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Not sure if anyone has proposed this yet, or maybe it is too atrocious, but how about we all explore the possibility of a class-action lawsuit against the government of Canada? It is now beyond any reasonable doubt that the Canadian government is dishonest at best and very sinister and corrupt at worst. The premise that they are looking after the safety of their citizens doesn't have any merit anymore - Their own citizens can travel anywhere in the world, COPRs from the US have a free pass, film crews from all over the world are being allowed in, and now they have opened their borders for students from all over the world, because of one obvious reason: Billions in Tuition fee! All this while applications of COPR holders who put in 2 to 3 years of their life (+ thousands of dollars into a long legal process) are now rotting in their systems, and they are making us put more money into re-medicals, PCCs and what not, and what is the guarantee that they will not announce another lockdown? They have made millions of dollars off us already, and the treatment that is being meted out to us is just plain wrong. The whole thing is scandalous.

Perhaps we should contact Campbell + Cohen and get legal advice on this.

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello all
I'm the person who's received the remedicals and the PCC request. I can understand that they want the remeds since ours expired in april this year and the PCC expired last year. The COPR expired on 1 May 2020. The thing that irks and niggles me is that the request letter says we have begun processing your application and if we don't send in our docs within the stipulated period the application can be rejected as incomplete. Now I'm willing to submit all the docs, but there has to be a reassurance that the final decision stands as before and the COPR will be renewed. This however is not there. Either this could be a standard format which they are using for the letters or there is some policy change. Anyone else received any letters with similar phraseology?

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Thank you for the information. I hope we can keep each other posted regarding our updates. I don't think anyone else have had the same experience on this forum.
Yes definitely, happy to share any updates. Agreed, no one in this forum seems to be in a similar situation.
From previous experience - we had AOR+medicals in June 2018; first child was born in Oct 2018 and raised webform to add child to application. From then no news until Aug 2019 (almost 1 year). Remeds done in Aug 2019 and CoPR in Sept 2019. Now CoPR expired in Aug 2020.

So, my biggest worry is if I cant make it in time to land then adding our second child to the application will result in re-processing again and potentially a longer wait like 1 year.
Congrats btw......

BS85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
So I am correct about IRCC requesting PCC again !!
Boy oh Boy ,
Worst decision made in my life to immigrate to KANADAA !

Reactions: tomx420

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello all
I'm the person who's received the remedicals and the PCC request. I can understand that they want the remeds since ours expired in april this year and the PCC expired last year. The COPR expired on 1 May 2020. The thing that irks and niggles me is that the request letter says we have begun processing your application and if we don't send in our docs within the stipulated period the application can be rejected as incomplete. Now I'm willing to submit all the docs, but there has to be a reassurance that the final decision stands as before and the COPR will be renewed. This however is not there. Either this could be a standard format which they are using for the letters or there is some policy change. Anyone else received any letters with similar phraseology?
Even I was told before PR application getting approved to get a fingerprint based Canadian PCC and get it uploaded in 7 days and yes same wordings used for me too of PR application getting refused if not provided within the time. How can someone upload Canadian PCC (RCMP certificate) in 7 days from India lol? I sent a webform that I need more than a month to get it done. Don't worry its just a generic phrase and if you think the stipulated period is less than you need then raise a webform to both CIC and NDVO. Regarding PCC I believe you can get it in one day from Passport office (Passport Seva Kendra). Good luck!

Last edited:

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hello all
I think its standard format.They can not reject anyone's file, whose was approved before.If medicals and pcc are clear there is no reason for them to reject it now.Its just the procedure we need to follow.All the best. Be positive.

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
I think its standard format.They can not reject anyone's file, whose was approved before.If medicals and pcc are clear there is no reason for them to reject it now.Its just the procedure we need to follow.All the best. Be positive.
Thanks that helps. Frayed nerves after all the waiting :)

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Even I was told to get a fingerprint based Canadian PCC and get it uploaded in 7 days and yes same wordings used for me too of PR application getting refused if not provided within the time. How can someone upload Canadian PCC (RCMP certificate) in 7 days from India lol? I sent a webform that I need more than a month to get it done. Don't worry its just a generic phrase and if you think the stipulated period is less than you need then raise a webform to both CIC and NDVO. Regarding PCC I believe you can get it in one day from Passport office (Passport Seva Kendra). Good luck!
They've given 60 days which is ample time. Let's hope for the best. Thanks

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
They've given 60 days which is ample time. Let's hope for the best. Thanks
I said one day if your Passport office address is same from where you are getting PCC. It can take a month or so to get PCC if post police verification is required. IMO, get it done right away and save some days in order to react if something goes out of proportions.

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
I said one day if your Passport office address is same from where you are getting PCC. It can take a month or so to get PCC if post police verification is required. IMO, get it done right away and save some days in order to react if something goes out of proportions.
Yep, we've already booked an appointment. It took me more than a month last time, so yeah not taking any risks.

Froshy

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
Even I was told to get a fingerprint based Canadian PCC and get it uploaded in 7 days and yes same wordings used for me too of PR application getting refused if not provided within the time. How can someone upload Canadian PCC (RCMP certificate) in 7 days from India lol? I sent a webform that I need more than a month to get it done. Don't worry its just a generic phrase and if you think the stipulated period is less than you need then raise a webform to both CIC and NDVO. Regarding PCC I believe you can get it in one day from Passport office (Passport Seva Kendra). Good luck!
I can understand that they want to make sure our criminal records haven’t changed in our own country but why do they need Canada again unless you stayed in Canada for more than 6 months since your COPR has been issued, does that make sense?