+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Hi. Our COPR expired on June 25th and we had raised 4 ready to travel webforms since then. The 6 months grace period after expiry of our medicals is in Jan. I got through to an IRCC agent on the phone and asked him specifically if it would help if my partner and I proactively re-did our medicals again- he said "Absolutely not. Do not do anything until we tell you to do so. You just need to wait." He also said that they had received our webforms and that it had been tagged to our application and everything looked good with it- he said it's now at the discretion of the officer who is assigned to us and said that it is impossible to give us any timelines. So the waiting game continues.
Please can you share the number you used to call them.

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hi. My copr is valid till April 2021. I am outside of Canada. However, I will be going to the US in January for about a month. I am aware of travel restrictions however I don't understand what this means exactly:
You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
What does "living" mean here? Can I go to Canada and do the landing? I won't be transiting through the US. I will be staying in the US for up to 4 weeks and I'm wondering if I can validate my COPR and settle in Canada.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi. My copr is valid till April 2021. I am outside of Canada. However, I will be going to the US in January for about a month. I am aware of travel restrictions however I don't understand what this means exactly:
You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
What does "living" mean here? Can I go to Canada and do the landing? I won't be transiting through the US. I will be staying in the US for up to 4 weeks and I'm wondering if I can validate my COPR and settle in Canada.
Travelling from the US (group 2)
Applicants can travel to Canada from the US for non-discretionary reasons to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if

• their application was approved
  • they received their COPR and PRV and both are still valid and
  • they have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Travelling from the US (group 2)
Applicants can travel to Canada from the US for non-discretionary reasons to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if

• their application was approved
  • they received their COPR and PRV and both are still valid and
  • they have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence
Thanks. This one says I can't because I don't qualify to travel to Canada from the US. Going to Canada from the US to only validate the copr is not a non-discretionary reason. Correct me if I'm wrong.

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hello everybody. Im new in this topic.
Recently I have spoken with 2 ircc agents and I was told that traveling with copr issued after March 2020 is possible and that I just need to send them webform saying I am ready to travel followed by my quarantine plan.
It is weird because the website says otherwise.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thanks. This one says I can't because I don't qualify to travel to Canada from the US. Going to Canada from the US to only validate the copr is not a non-discretionary reason. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe you can travel if you are moving to Canada from US to settle. You can call CBSA or IRCC once you are in US for clarification.

Reactions: sunkilmoon

Tussuk24

Apr 17, 2020
Hii! everyone, anyone does know that how long it take to receive a written authorization for travel from New Zealand to Canada? I can not travel because of travel restriction. my brother is in Canada as Canadian citizen. I received COPR and PRV early this month. I already applied for facilitation letter for travel at this time.
Thank you!

Reactions: IgboQueenBee

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
@rajiv Mauli, What's your progress after submitting remedicals?
I have not completed my medicals yet.. still 60 more days. Just wrapping up some personal stuffs before I do this.. I guess nowadays they are sending passport requests instead of authorization letters it seems.. How fast is it happening ? Anybody ? What is the validity received in VISA stamping ?

Reactions: BillyWescott

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Hello everybody. Im new in this topic.
Recently I have spoken with 2 ircc agents and I was told that traveling with copr issued after March 2020 is possible and that I just need to send them webform saying I am ready to travel followed by my quarantine plan.
It is weird because the website says otherwise.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
That doesn't seem right, as you say the website clearly states otherwise.
You could give it a go sending them a webform with your quarantine plan and see what response you get.

Reactions: mayar-123456789

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I have not completed my medicals yet.. still 60 more days. Just wrapping up some personal stuffs before I do this.. I guess nowadays they are sending passport requests instead of authorization letters it seems.. How fast is it happening ? Anybody ? What is the validity received in VISA stamping ?
Its taking time even after remedicals..Very few have got AL after submission.I have not even got remedical.I don't know where they have dumped my file.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Is it reasonable to plan to send the RTT webform, quarantine plan and settlement plan 7 weeks before planned travel date? Or is it too short?