+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

ArunRag

Dec 17, 2019
for us its the same.. we got our re-medicals done and now the status has gone back to 'background check'... i dont know whats going on.. we need to reach canada asap..
same thing happened to us. old medicals and counterfoil details vanished. wait for the PPR mail now, maybe 1-3 weeks tops

Nov 21, 2020
Finally! Got our passport request after doing re-meds! Any idea how long it is taking to get passports stamped?

Original CoPR Issued - 15th March 2020
Expiry - 22nd May 2020
Remeds done - 7th Nov
Congrats on getting the passport request.
My case is also similar and got few doubts.

Original COPR issued - 14 March 2020
Expiry - 6 May 2020
Travel plan documents on request for 4point mail submitted - 14 Oct 2020
Request for re-medical from IRCC - 6 Nov 2020
Re-medial submitted - 13 Nov 2020

My original medical got expired on 6 May 2020 and I assume they gave me 6months extension on medicals and asked for re-medical on 6 Nov (exactly 6months) .

Did you apply for remedicals before the 4point mail? Did you submit the re-medical document along with the travel plan ? Did they ask for remedical after you submitted the travel plan.

If we both are having same kind of track, will I get a passport submission request ?

Nov 21, 2020
PREDICTION ON NEXT STEPS BY NDVO: CONSIDERING RE-MEDICAL REQUESTS

After the bulk issuance of re-medical requests in the first week of November, there has been NO movement noticed as such from NDVO visa office so far.

What I presume is - there will be no more issuance of travel authorization letter anymore. The next step for re-medical request holders seem to be issuance of new PPRs in the next batch. Specifically, NDVO is known for two things - either they don't work for months or they work at one go (known for bulk processing of applications).

COPR expired holders who received re-medicals request between October 20-31 by NDVO, they also got PPRs by NDVO on November 7 (Saturday). Expired COPR holders with NDVO as their primary visa office, they can expect the next batch of PPRs on coming or any Saturday. Why did I mention it as "Saturday" as this day seems to be now set by NDVO and VFS so that PPR holders can reach out to VFS for courier service queries during the weekend itself.

This is purely my observation basis the above trend noticed. Let's wait for more updates in the coming weeks.

I will keep you guys posted if I see any more updates. Be positive, ALWAYS! :)
Could you check my case please.

Expiry - 6 May 2020

My original medical got expired on 6 May 2020 and I assume they gave me 6months extension on medicals and asked for re-medical on 6 Nov (exactly 6months) .

I do not know what would be the next step for me. Will it be passport request or authorization letter ?
Please let me know what you think !!

ArunRag

Dec 17, 2019
Could you check my case please.

Expiry - 6 May 2020

I do not know what would be the next step for me. Will it be passport request or authorization letter ?
Please let me know what you think !!
Now that you have submitted re-meds wait for PPR.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Lol, why are you guys so worried about the IME letter when previously most of them used to do meds upfront. Go and get your medicals done and update IRCC through the webform
I am surprised that your hospital allowed you to take medicals without any email?As many hospitals demand for that!
I will surely talk to my hospital regarding that.My consultant told me to wait but I think it will cause much delay.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Lol, why are you guys so worried about the IME letter when previously most of them used to do meds upfront. Go and get your medicals done and update IRCC through the webform
Thats because most centers do not accept to do the medicals without the official request letter.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Finally! Got our passport request after doing re-meds! Any idea how long it is taking to get passports stamped?

Original CoPR Issued - 15th March 2020
Expiry - 22nd May 2020
Remeds done - 7th Nov
Depends upon the visa processing center. From the time they receive the passports, it could take a week to 3 weeks.