+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Why would they want to increase their work load by ppr..AL is simpler option for them.Ppl are still getting it.What do you say?
Its just to cause some delay and doing remeds for sake of AL does not make any sense. Maximum applicants with CoPRs issued prior to 18th March 2020 should have their medicals expired now (after adding 6 months of grace period)

IMO, they might be trying to streamline things. Remeds->Re open application->PPR email->Issue new one year valid CoPR. Things would be more clear after observing the next move of NDVO.

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Good to see some progress with vfs opening.

Guys my copr was issued before 18th march and it got expired in august.

I and my representative had raised many webforms and emails trying to inform them about a mistake in my copr(gender mentioned incorrect). For which the following happened-

1) My file status changed to in progress in july.
2) Received response to emails and webforms on 3 occasions as to how to obtain the corrected copr.(send the incorrect copr, passport and new photos when vacs open)

I sent them 2 emails again to follow up on how to proceed as its been soo many months. Now I see ppl are also receiving 2 way courier instructions.

I am really confused what to do. I didnt get a response to email (almost 30 days), didnt get 2 way courier instruction to submit passport. The vfs has opened, but only by appointment for biometrics, how do I submit the documents to rectify this problem??

Now the uncertainty is really making me worry.

Last edited:

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Why would they want to increase their work load by ppr..AL is simpler option for them.Ppl are still getting it.What do you say?
By issuing new COPR directly with longer validity, there will be more staggred entry of new immigrants spread over longer duration rather than rush of people within next couple of months. And only those people will travel to Canada immediately who really want to move and settle at this time in the midst of panademic rather than going there just to confirm PR.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Its just to cause some delay and doing remeds for sake of AL does not make any sense. Maximum applicants with CoPRs issued prior to 18th March 2020 should have their medicals expired now (after adding 6 months of grace period)

IMO, they might be trying to streamline things. Remeds->Re open application->PPR email->Issue new one year valid CoPR. Things would be more clear after observing the next move of NDVO.
Some extra delay for sure ... 3 claps for ircc where our grace period of medical expiration is still valid till January ( doubt if providing grace is still in place) , 4 pt email reply sent in September but still they have the audacity to not send any AL and I wouldn’t be surprised if my husband will receive a remed request in jan. Just because few intelligent minds working in ircc thought it’s better to wait and watch people suffer. And seriously am done with their answer of - due to covid 19 we are working with limited capacity... guys just take f****** laptop and work from home , you can process these expired coprs online... but spare the horrors they are sensitive to it

Ecast

Feb 7, 2020
Hello everyone!

The few of you that have gotten PPR request for a second time, are you guys also being asked to resubmit passport size photos?

Also, does anyone know anything about the language test (IELTS) are those ones being extended as well?

Thank you!

Vineetha Naval

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-01-19
I wish Im in your situation right now, I would definitely enter Canada while my cOPR is still valid. If you are prepared to be in our situation (still waiting for our COPR extension, its been 8mos now) then wait til April. Hopefully by that time IRCC is more lenient with regards in giving extension..May God guide you with your decision.
Thanks for the reply Lachelle ! Agree, been seeing the responses here that most of them are waiting for longer periods again for the extension.. This is a very tough situation for all..

Reactions: Lachelle

Vineetha Naval

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-01-19
Congratulations and well done! :)

Would agree with @Lachelle please try to land all applicants including all dependents prior to expiry.
  • With the world resetting itself, organizations including IRCC are hard pressed to revise their procedures
  • Lets say you raise a request for extension around March 2021, good to remember that will be the peak season for student visas, etc.
  • 5000 ITAs were drawn in the latest lottery for Expression of interest, as I understand. I.e. new potential applicantions - implying immigration applications would only pile up, creating increased processing pressure on staff
In summary, would you really prefer to take all the stress and uncertainty towards your path to being Canadian !? :) Possible, although less recommended!

Best
Thanks Hinavin. This gives a better clarity.!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
As arrival of vaccines is round the corner I am afraid they wud halt the process till we all vaccinate ourselves...as it will cause a burden on their medical system to vaccinate so many new immigrants and they wud feel safer to let us in.
I doubt on this. Why they are issuing new PPRs if they do not want anymore immigrants. I may be wrong on this.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Everyone here is waiting for our COPR extension. It got expired and now ircc is requesting for remedicals. Not sure if the ircc will give us the AL or will issue a new one. I have not sent my passport as there was no request yet
Has your medical details got updated on your cic profile ?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India

I just hope for another 1 year timeline to travel and not 60 days.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Has your medical details got updated on your cic profile ?
I just submitted the remed forms yesterday..will update once i see changes

Reactions: crackMBA

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
There is no separate number to call from outside Canada. It is the same number and meant for calling from inside Canada..

Try using app such as TextNow.

The number is below:
Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
  • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
    If you have a touch-tone telephone you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
  • Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
thank u i tried textnow but i couldn’t get the canadian no.
they told it s free but im fin
I’ll ask and let you know for sure!
I’ll ask and let you know for sure!

so ur application was approved in october 2020 or october 2021??

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
I was just talking about halting copr extension process..or keeping it at slow pace for some more time.
who said tvey dont want immigrants??
of course they do
i read they put a target of immigrants no.in the next 3 years the largest in the history to compensate the drop happened in the immigration this year