+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

asohal1327

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
As arrival of vaccines is round the corner I am afraid they wud halt the process till we all vaccinate ourselves...as it will cause a burden on their medical system to vaccinate so many new immigrants and they wud feel safer to let us in.
Canada has pre-ordered highest number of vaccine doses per person in world for any country i.e. @ 9 doses per person. So a few thousand new immigrants wont make a difference to them even when they start vaccinating. each and every citizen/resident.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Did you send your passports to the visa office? If so when? If you don’t mind can you tell me from which country you are applying from? What do you mean by waiting for the extension? Kindly explain. Thanks
Everyone here is waiting for our COPR extension. It got expired and now ircc is requesting for remedicals. Not sure if the ircc will give us the AL or will issue a new one. I have not sent my passport as there was no request yet

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hey everyone! I got my COPR on March 18th and is valid until March 3 , 2021. We havent landed there yet and are planning sometime in Feb 2021. My spouse and toddler are my dependents. We want to wait it out until April or May 2021. Do we have to let them know through webform or is it too early? Also will they be okay if the primary applicant lands there first before the COPR expiry and then the dependants join after 2 months to land there permanently? Has any primary applicant landed there first permanently and then the dependants? Would appreciate any info or advice on this. Thank you!
Congratulations and well done! :)

Would agree with @Lachelle please try to land all applicants including all dependents prior to expiry.
  • With the world resetting itself, organizations including IRCC are hard pressed to revise their procedures
  • Lets say you raise a request for extension around March 2021, good to remember that will be the peak season for student visas, etc.
  • 5000 ITAs were drawn in the latest lottery for Expression of interest, as I understand. I.e. new potential applicantions - implying immigration applications would only pile up, creating increased processing pressure on staff
In summary, would you really prefer to take all the stress and uncertainty towards your path to being Canadian !? :) Possible, although less recommended!

Best

H@mz@

Apr 28, 2020
Karachi
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
Pakistan
Me and my husband received the same email on 5th November. I received the 4 point mail on 7th October and they waited till my 6 month IME extension expired on 2nd November to get me to undergo remedical. I am in my 7th month of pregnancy at present. We called all the 3 medical centers in Mumbai on how to proceed. They said wait for the remedical document from IRCC, which should come within the week and then book appointment. Also for me if I want to go ahead with chest Xray during pregnancy I would need a letter from my gynaecologist. Just FYI.. In case anyone in same situation.
Hello please update about your situation. Did you get your medical done?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
✅ Visa Application Centres are all ready to OPEN!!

Visa Application Centres (VACs) will begin scheduling limited biometric appointments as of November 20 in: Delhi, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Bengaluru. Family Class applicants and Study Permit principal applicants will have priority as we phase in services.
Walk-in clients at the VACs are not permitted. All appointments must be confirmed in advance. Please do not visit the VAC unless you are attending your own scheduled appointment.

If you have a unique Biometric Instructions Letter (BIL) issued by IRCC, you will receive additional instructions via email to the email ID we have on file for you on how to schedule your biometric appointment.

More appointments will become available each week as per phase in this service.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
✅ Visa Application Centres are all ready to OPEN!!

Visa Application Centres (VACs) will begin scheduling limited biometric appointments as of November 20 in: Delhi, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Bengaluru. Family Class applicants and Study Permit principal applicants will have priority as we phase in services.
Walk-in clients at the VACs are not permitted. All appointments must be confirmed in advance. Please do not visit the VAC unless you are attending your own scheduled appointment.

If you have a unique Biometric Instructions Letter (BIL) issued by IRCC, you will receive additional instructions via email to the email ID we have on file for you on how to schedule your biometric appointment.

More appointments will become available each week as per phase in this service.

manutd2018

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
PREDICTION ON NEXT STEPS BY NDVO: CONSIDERING RE-MEDICAL REQUESTS

After the bulk issuance of re-medical requests in the first week of November, there has been NO movement noticed as such from NDVO visa office so far.

What I presume is - there will be no more issuance of travel authorization letter anymore. The next step for re-medical request holders seem to be issuance of new PPRs in the next batch. Specifically, NDVO is known for two things - either they don't work for months or they work at one go (known for bulk processing of applications).

COPR expired holders who received re-medicals request between October 20-31 by NDVO, they also got PPRs by NDVO on November 7 (Saturday). Expired COPR holders with NDVO as their primary visa office, they can expect the next batch of PPRs on coming or any Saturday. Why did I mention it as "Saturday" as this day seems to be now set by NDVO and VFS so that PPR holders can reach out to VFS for courier service queries during the weekend itself.

This is purely my observation basis the above trend noticed. Let's wait for more updates in the coming weeks.

I will keep you guys posted if I see any more updates. Be positive, ALWAYS! :)
If an applicant whose COPR was issued prior to 18.03.2020 but expired now, receives a PPR and subsequently gets his passport stamped along with new COPR will he be eligible to travel immediately.
{ The rule of applicants issued COPR after 18.03.2020 are not allowed to travel presently}.

Last edited:

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
If an applicant whose COPR was issued prior to 18.03.2019 but expired now, receives a PPR and subsequently gets his passport stamped along with new COPR will he be eligible to travel immediately.
{ The rule of applicants issued COPR after 18.03.2019 are not allowed to travel presently}.
I believe you mean to say March 18, 2020.

Reactions: Godisguru

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
But have we seen any more ALs being issued? There is anything but dead silence. I think ppr requests will come in May be but can’t trust ircc now what their next move may be

Faith001

Jul 3, 2017
But have we seen any more ALs being issued? There is anything but dead silence. I think ppr requests will come in May be but can’t trust ircc now what their next move may be
Yes one person has received AL today few hours back. Since last week not much news anyways. They have no strategy in place especially for Expired CoPR. Atleast some consistency would be a relief.

Reactions: EnthuChap