+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
This was from the VO only. The PP were sent to uae embassy as my agent told they need the PP to cancel my current visa only or maybe to cancel the current visa n stamp a new extended visa counterfoil.
Keep checking your online portal. If they issue you a fresh COPR you will be able to see the revised validity dates there. Atleast couple of days before you get the passport back.

Reactions: Nimz10

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Hey everyone! I got my COPR on March 18th and is valid until March 3 , 2021. We havent landed there yet and are planning sometime in Feb 2021. My spouse and toddler are my dependants. We want to wait it out until April or May 2021. Do we have to let them know through webform or is it too early? Also will they be okay if the primary applicant lands there first before the COPR expiry and then the dependants join after 2 months to land there permanently? Has any primary applicant landed there first permanently and then the dependants? Would appreciate any info or advice on this. Thank you!
I wish Im in your situation right now, I would definitely enter Canada while my cOPR is still valid. If you are prepared to be in our situation (still waiting for our COPR extension, its been 8mos now) then wait til April. Hopefully by that time IRCC is more lenient with regards in giving extension..May God guide you with your decision.

YC5995

Nov 19, 2020
Hi Guys I have got PPR request on 23 of October I have sent my passport to Vo Sydney Australia on 28 of October no update since then. Is there anyone who experiencing the same thing like processing time of Canada Visa office. Any help will be really appreciated
I am in the same situation as you. Got PPR email on 19th October and sent passport to Vo Sydney Australia on 23rd October through VFS. However, no updates yet. Been almost a month now.

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
I am in the same situation as you. Got PPR email on 19th October and sent passport to Vo Sydney Australia on 23rd October through VFS. However, no updates yet. Been almost a month now.
Thanks for your reply I will update you once I hear back from vfs

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I wish Im in your situation right now, I would definitely enter Canada while my cOPR is still valid. If you are prepared to be in our situation (still waiting for our COPR extension, its been 8mos now) then wait til April. Hopefully by that time IRCC is more lenient with regards in giving extension..May God guide you with your decision.
Did you send your passports to the visa office? If so when? If you don’t mind can you tell me from which country you are applying from? What do you mean by waiting for the extension? Kindly explain. Thanks

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
PREDICTION ON NEXT STEPS BY NDVO: CONSIDERING RE-MEDICAL REQUESTS

After the bulk issuance of re-medical requests in the first week of November, there has been NO movement noticed as such from NDVO visa office so far.

What I presume is - there will be no more issuance of travel authorization letter anymore. The next step for re-medical request holders seem to be issuance of new PPRs in the next batch. Specifically, NDVO is known for two things - either they don't work for months or they work at one go (known for bulk processing of applications).

COPR expired holders who received re-medicals request between October 20-31 by NDVO, they also got PPRs by NDVO on November 7 (Saturday). Expired COPR holders with NDVO as their primary visa office, they can expect the next batch of PPRs on coming or any Saturday. Why did I mention it as "Saturday" as this day seems to be now set by NDVO and VFS so that PPR holders can reach out to VFS for courier service queries during the weekend itself.

This is purely my observation basis the above trend noticed. Let's wait for more updates in the coming weeks.

I will keep you guys posted if I see any more updates. Be positive, ALWAYS! :)

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
PREDICTION ON NEXT STEPS BY NDVO: CONSIDERING RE-MEDICAL REQUESTS

After the bulk issuance of re-medical requests in the first week of November, there has been NO movement noticed as such from NDVO visa office so far.

What I presume is - there will be no more issuance of travel authorization letter anymore. The next step for re-medical request holders seem to be issuance of new PPRs in the next batch. Specifically, NDVO is known for two things - either they don't work for months or they work at one go (known for bulk processing of applications).

COPR expired holders who received re-medicals request between October 20-31 by NDVO, they also got PPRs by NDVO on November 7 (Saturday). Expired COPR holders with NDVO as their primary visa office, they can expect the next batch of PPRs on coming or any Saturday. Why did I mention it as "Saturday" as this day seems to be now set by NDVO and VFS so that PPR holders can reach out to VFS for courier service queries during the weekend itself.

This is purely my observation basis the above trend noticed. Let's wait for more updates in the coming weeks.

I will keep you guys posted if I see any more updates. Be positive, ALWAYS! :)
They are not even processing the respondents of 4 pointer emails. Some got ALs, some got remeds and some are still waiting. NDVO is totally random.

Reactions: hinavin

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
They are not even processing the respondents of 4 pointer emails. Some got ALs, some got remeds and some are still waiting. NDVO is totally random.
As arrival of vaccines is round the corner I am afraid they wud halt the process till we all vaccinate ourselves...as it will cause a burden on their medical system to vaccinate so many new immigrants and they wud feel safer to let us in.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
As arrival of vaccines is round the corner I am afraid they wud halt the process till we all vaccinate ourselves...as it will cause a burden on their medical system to vaccinate so many new immigrants and they wud feel safer to let us in.
I don't think so. Vaccine is gonna be given on priority basis like severe cases first. wrt vaccine one should keep an eye on US and same will be followed by Canada.

Proper results of vaccine are gonna take long time. Maybe mid of next year.

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Vaccines are not going to be available on a large scale for months and maybe even a year or so. First responders and people in the medical field will probably get the vaccine first and only then will it be rolled out to the rest of the population. I can't imagine that Canada would keep everyone on hold for that long but who knows.